Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Hellfire Club

so what does everyone think of the show so far?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Loyal Fan

OK, this is my theory

At first I thought there was something false about the Vegas realty, now I'm thinking parallel dimensions. That's why there was a buzzing noise in the great northern when the key somehow crossed dimensions (though the black lodge?) and that somehow when the two Cooper's meet up, the two realities with converge.
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Hellfire Club

thats an interesting theory.

i think there are way to many "new" characters and they are not going back to tell the rest of these storylines they just keep going back to Dougie. although i still find a lot of this confusing. i think i really need to rewatch some of these eps again. i like that they brought back the diary and are talking about stuff that took place in "fire walk with me" movie. (the ring/ dead arm/ diary)
Old 06-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Someone described the new season like a mosaic painting. I think that's a good description. At this point it does seem scattered-brained, but maybe once we see the seemingly unrelated parts come together it'll make more sense as a whole -- or we'll just be as confused as ever. This is TP, after all.

I really liked the last episode too where they brought up Annie telling Laura what to write in her diary. Some weird time jump happened there for her to travel in the past like that and it seems to be continuing in this new show with Briggs body still being that of a 40 something man.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
OK, this is my theory

At first I thought there was something false about the Vegas realty, now I'm thinking parallel dimensions. That's why there was a buzzing noise in the great northern when the key somehow crossed dimensions (though the black lodge?) and that somehow when the two Cooper's meet up, the two realities with converge.
Interesting theory.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:47 PM
Loyal Fan

source
Old 06-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Hellfire Club

ok i didnt understand anything that took place in this weeks ep
i only liked the NIN performance
Old 06-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked this episode. We finally got to see the white lodge. I knew it would diversive though. There was no forward plot movement after the first 15 minutes.

The only thing that bugged me at first was Laura being this sort of jesus figure, which I feel strips her of her humanity, but the more I think about it, maybe it's not as linear as that, or even what Lynch was saying at all. Maybe it's not even Laura, but what she represents or the cousin the man from the little place mentioned in the original show. There might be some foreshadowing in what's to come, like Laura coming back that we don't know about yet (remember she disappeared from the black lodge in the first or second episode)

I really liked the rest of it though, basically what I got from it was that humanity/humans were/are the ones that let the evil in, like the mystery man said in Lost Highway 'I don't go where I'm not wanted.'

Also that poem I posted above, someone else made a great point of how it could relate to the saying 'You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.' which goes back to the atom bomb thing that humans let the evil in.

The birthing effects after the bomb explosion reminded me of Eraserhead, the atomic bomb somehow resulted in the birth of BOB. And those Woodsmen around the convenience store, remember that's where the lodge members met in FWWM, and now we know its because that was the site of the atomic bomb where the portal opened, so to speak (that's how I see it).

I now suspect after this episode that the doppelganger has something to do with the glass box in New York because that thing in NY looked just like the thing that birthed bob in this episode, plus that scene where DoppelgangerCoop holds up a card to that girl who killed with a bug face on it that looks like that creature. I'm not sure DoppelCoop is the millionaire per say funding that box, but maybe he hired Tracy to infiltrate it to see what was going on?

I'm really interested in seeing how DoppelCooper acts now. We saw bob come out of his stomach as the soot covered woodmen rubbed his blood on him and revived him after he got shot.

And the NIN song lyrics seem to directly link to the rest of the episode, to the point I wonder if they specifically wrote it for TP.

You dig in places till your fingers bleed
Spread the infection, where you spill your seed
I can't remember what she came here for
I can't remember much of anything anymore

She's gone, she's gone, she's gone away
Away...

A little mouth opened up inside
Yeah, I was watching on the day she died
We keep licking while the skin turns black
Cut along the length, but you can't get the feeling back

Away...

(Are you still here?)
Old 06-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
ok i didnt understand anything that took place in this weeks ep
i only liked the NIN performance
Same, might need to watch it again though.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Hellfire Club

yeah i think i need to rewatch it too
after reading the recaps of the episode it explained a lot more in the ep
and helped make more sense of what happened. so i think rewatching will be good to do now that i know whats going on
Old 06-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah there are lots of great write ups out there. Someone mentioned Laura being born from the Giant's head comes from greek mythology with Zeus birth an adult Athena.

There are lots of hints from the book of revolutions in the bible too. The Locus-Frog hybrid and the pale horse being a sign of darkness to come.

I noticed the 'mother' who barfed up Bob has her arms bent back.

From the 3rd episode of the original show,
"i feel like i know her but sometimes my arms bend back"

I like this write up
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/c...atest_episode/

Last edited by tslpsh; 06-29-2017 at 07:39 PM
Old 06-29-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
yeah i think i need to rewatch it too
after reading the recaps of the episode it explained a lot more in the ep
and helped make more sense of what happened. so i think rewatching will be good to do now that i know whats going on
Yeah, recaps have helped me as well.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

where do you guys watch Twin Peaks?