Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
yeah it really was a roller coaster of emotions. this was a great episode. im going to miss the log lady.

i still dont understand the deal with freddy and his hand?

what was the song lyrics? i guess i wasnt listening close enough.
I think Freddie is suppose to protect Naido (eyeless woman) in the jail cell and that's the 'destiny' the Giant was talking about. That's my guess. Andy said in the last episode she's going to be 'very important'. Maybe she's Judy?

My other theory is out there -- that Freddie isn't real and actually a part of James imagination. He's timid after said motorcycle accident and Freddie is some sort of manifestation that he can stand up for himself. Freddie seems to always be with James.

Re: Song Lyrics. I got that it's about a metamorphosis of some sort -- references to amphibians and the main chorus kept saying " Ooooh My Soul, losing control. Oh my god!" something like that?
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

both good theories. guess we will have to wait and find out if he has any connection to the eye less woman yet.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

The boyfriend and I finished watching season 1 on Netflix. Both of us would have been too young to even watch this show, or even understand what was going on. I think I would have been 7 and my boyfriend, 5.

We just started season two. The synth music puts me to sleep though. It's so calming and soothing, and then stuff happens and I'm like, 'What is going on?"
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah s2 is very "what is going on" so is the new season

Old 08-29-2017, 09:40 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm thinking Mr. C was the one who manufactured Diane, which is great really cause in the original show she was a device for Coop to share his thoughts so her being manufactured by him makes sense to me.

Anyone else think there's a connection between Richard dying and Coop and Audrey waking up? There were the same electric noises. I will say I like that Coop's waking up is more complicated than what I was thinking and up for interpretation. I also think Audrey's situation is more complex than just a coma or mental institution. Some lodge craziness is going on here.

Looks like Coop is going to make another Dougie for Janey-E and Sonny Jim.

I'm not sure how Real Cooper can exist at the same time as DoppelCoop unless there is really some parallel reality going on and that weird humming is between the two worlds. Like when Cooper's heart monitor seemed in tandem with Gordon Cole's machines. I think this is also the noise James and Ben were hearing. I know there are some discrepancies and overlaps but this makes the most sense to me especially after bringing back the whole Golden seed thing which is very very similar to the end of an unmade movie of Lynch's called Ronnie Rocket (the script is online).
Old 08-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

in one of the earlier eps they said something about only one of the coops can exist (i think i was when evilcoop got shot in the woods)

yeah diffidently something weird /lodge thing going on with Audrey

how is Coop going to make another Dougie for Janie-E?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
in one of the earlier eps they said something about only one of the coops can exist (i think i was when evilcoop got shot in the woods)

yeah diffidently something weird /lodge thing going on with Audrey

how is Coop going to make another Dougie for Janie-E?
After Coop woke up from the hospital he asked one armed man if he still had the gold seed from Dougie, then gave him a piece of his hair. I think he's going to make a Dougie for Janey-E. Also why is Cooper taking along the Mitchums and pink girls?

What do you think of the Roadhouse? I'm conflicted on what's real or part of Audrey's Delusion. A lot of what Audrey has said so far seems to blend with some of the random roadhouse conversation thus far, but on the other why would stuff like James going to prison because of a fight be there?

I hope we get an answer on what happened to the real Diane, but wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. She was saying she's at the Sheriff Station. Maybe she's Naido?

Last edited by tslpsh; 08-29-2017 at 03:23 PM
Old 08-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes, exactly. This doesn't fit and Cooper snapping back was almost too cheery. I feel like we are going to get subverted again.

Also in Ronnie Rocket at the end when Ronnie turned into a golden sphere, the sphere encompassed Ronnie's whole universe and the people he knew, then there was like an ocean of pebbles that represented different people and their different worlds/perceptions of reality. Weird stuff but wouldn't surprise me this is a similar thing since it's Lynch and it's an old script of his that never got made. There was also a huge emphasis on electricity being how they went from one world to the other, just like in the new TP. Even Dougie acted exactly like Ronnie who would just mimmick the last one or two words people would say.

Last edited by tslpsh; 08-29-2017 at 02:02 PM
Old 08-29-2017, 06:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)

I hope we get an answer on what happened to the real Diane, but wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. She was saying she's at the Sheriff Station. Maybe she's Naido?
oh thats a good theory.

i believe next week is the finale and its suppose to be a double episode

Twin Peaks Finale Mystery: Who Will Utter These Two Lines of Dialogue?

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 09-01-2017 at 03:04 PM
Old 09-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

ok so who watched the finale? and what did you all think?
i thought it was good up till the very end. since this was the end and they said they didnt plan to do another revival i didnt like how they ended the show.

i did like the return of bob and the showdown with freddie
Old 09-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Well one thing I will say is I don't think I've ever seen 2 episodes show what the experience/feeling inside of the head of a schizophrenic as well as this finale. Really unnerving!

I'm the opposite of you. I thought the Freddie thing was Lynch poking fun at silly superhero movies. When he started going into all these other dimensions is when it got more interesting. It was a dream inside a dream inside a dream. Coop is still looking for an escape going back to trying to bring Laura back to Twin Peaks and creating a reality she is alive? Wow, I don't know if he will ever wake out of this stupor. A lesser show would've just had a showdown between the 2 Coop's be the end and we finally get Coop back.

Sherilyn Fenn said in a recent interview that David is up for more Peaks if Showtime is.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Twin Peaks Finale: Did All of Our Questions Get Answered? (Nope!) | E! News
this is a good recap of the episode
i didnt like that it left us with so many unanswered questions
Audrey, Shelly, Becky, Norma, Ed, Nadine, Jerry, Ben, etc made no appearances. That box in New York is still mostly a mystery.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Twin Peaks Finale: Did All of Our Questions Get Answered? (Nope!) | E! News
this is a good recap of the episode
i didnt like that it left us with so many unanswered questions
Audrey, Shelly, Becky, Norma, Ed, Nadine, Jerry, Ben, etc made no appearances. That box in New York is still mostly a mystery.
I feel you. Part of me does feel that way. The whole Mullholland Drive/ Inland Empire ending worked for those movies because they were primarily through one person's POV, where as Twin Peaks had many scenes w/o Cooper, though I suppose you can interpret it as a bunch of people's dreams.

I almost thought at the end there it might've been Laura's dream instead of Coopers? I do think Sarah is the experiment/Judy and that's why Cooper was trying to bring Laura back to erase the evil that had taken over, not just within the world or Twin Peaks, but within himself. Once he realized the superhero showdown and separating two sides of himself was all a projection/fantasy to avoid an uncomfortable reality that the two mutually exist in and of itself, he desperately looks to go back in time to try to right it by bringing Laura back, but ultimately you can't change the past. He's replacing one dream with another. Once he and Diane ended up in Odessa he acted like a mix between Cooper and Mr C. Hard to imagine just good Coop putting guns in the grease for one thing.

I do think it was rather audacious to insist Cooper was and will continue to be stuck in a loop. The dreamer doesn't awaken or confront his reality. Even Mullholland Drive had Naomi Watts 'awaken' at the end. Although poor Laura Dern in Inland Empire just kept going from movie to reality from movie to reality. It really did remind me more of the ending to that movie.

Norma/Ed/Nadine seemed to have closure to me. Norma/Ed finally together and Nadine with her shop realizing she had her own thing going for her and didn't need to hang onto Ed anymore.

Ben did get a call that Jerry was in Wyoming of all places, apparently without clothes. So he did get found even though we don't necessarily know exactly what was going on with him.

I thought it was implied Becky was killed by Stephen? Guess we will never know. I do think it was weird the Red/Shelly thing was never followed up on, though my thought is he was similar to the Tremonds (grandmother and grandson from original) because of the magician act like the son in the original show. Tremonds were also the ones who apparently owned the Palmer house previously in that alternate reality at the end. I think that's really the key there cause they were the ones who gave Laura the painting she ended up walking through that looked alot like the inside of the convenience store, which Cooper walked through before as a transition to another reality.

As for Audrey, I was hoping for at least one more scene that might've allowed us to put more into context, but maybe she's the only one out of the whole thing who realizes its all a conjuncture? At least until Laura did at the end when she screamed. Also the 'arm' said something about the 'Little Girl who Lives Down the Lane' when Coop was in the lodge, this is exactly the 'story' Audrey brings up to Charlie.

Sherilyn Fenn on a season 4:

If David Lynch wanted to do another season of Twin Peaks, would you do it?

“Oh yeah. He said if people loved it he would do another one, and the hardest part is just sitting down and writing it. But he had so much fun this time, he really loved it. And he got to do it the way he wanted to. It’s like an 18-hour movie, so he’s happy. Let’s just stay positive. It really turned out the way he wanted it to in his heart.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/cultu...y-david-lynch/

Last edited by tslpsh; 09-04-2017 at 01:43 PM
Old 09-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

he made this season why to confusing and had way to many storylines going on and left them open ended. i liked the first season so much better.

what was the deal with the cooper/diane sex scene? that was the most unromantic scene ever. neither one was into it. she covered his face the entire time. then afterwards left him a note calling him richard?
Old 09-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
he made this season why to confusing and had way to many storylines going on and left them open ended. i liked the first season so much better.

what was the deal with the cooper/diane sex scene? that was the most unromantic scene ever. neither one was into it. she covered his face the entire time. then afterwards left him a note calling him richard?
My interpretation:
The Cooper and Diane sex scene wasn't suppose to be romantic, at least I don't think it was. She was trapped in Naido and Naido had touched Cooper's face the same way. After they passed through the electricity, Cooper changed and there was more Mr C there. He was very icy and authoritative telling her to come over and his eyes during the sex scene were dead. She was trying to use who sense from when she was Naido and had no vision to see if she could recognize Coop, but after 25 years in the lodge he wasn't the Coop she knew no longer. Either that or she was seeing the face of the man who raped her. The whole thing of the season was you can't really go back. DL was subverting the whole idea of nostalgia and returns. That's how I saw it.

I'm not even sure how 'real' this Diane actually is, I mean she came out of Naido and the red room with bright red hair and black and white nails just like the lodge. Maybe she's a more complicated version the Lady in the Ratiator from 'Eraserhead'. A manifestation of Cooper's thoughts which is why he would address his recordings to her. Also Remember Cooper met Naido near space and the purple ocean. David Lynch is always talking about in meditation about the 'ocean of pure consciousness' it's a state of mind.

It was more confusing but also delved in much deeper into the mind and subconscious, at least as far as Cooper is concerned. He's a lot more complicated now than in the original show. Again, I'm not sure how it really gels with the rest of it. I do think some of the scenes were Diane, Laura and Audrey's perspective. Maybe even James too.
Reply   Post New Thread