Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

This was definitely better than last weeks.

Re: James singing that song. I wonder if Lynch decided to kill Donna after all? That she died in James motorcycle accident. I feel like that's the reason Renee was crying, not so much cause he was singing to her, but that he was singing about lost love and she saw that pain.

Some other thoughts:

Did anyone else notice the electric sounds in the Palmer house as the boxing video Sarah was watching kept replaying? I wondered too if it's old footage of Dougie's boss who use to be a boxer.

This episode seemed to put more weight into Charlie being Audrey's psychiatrist theory, which still could be the case, but part it me feels like he's acting more like the 'ego' to Audrey's 'id' as in this is a conversation in her head.

Note that the Sarah Palmer footage is right before the Audrey scene, just like the replay of Dr. Amp show last week was right before an Audrey scene too -- emphasizing Audrey too is stuck in a time warp, maybe within her own mind. She hasn't been able to move on.

That is the most 'LAS VEGAS' gym set I've ever seen. So ridiculous, but so Lynch. This is what the 4th failed attempt to kill Dougie? Lorraine and her men, Ike the Spike, Mitchums and now Tom Sizemore. Yet we still have Hutch and Chantal to deal with, they are on their way.

Is Richard also after the coordinates? Is he the one impersonating Mr Jeffries? Somehow I doubt that last one, he seems too intimidated. I wonder if he and Mr. C know each other or if he's just part of some ridiculous arm wrestling gang and happened to see him there. Either way this also ties into Red and the mysterious drug. I figured it would go back to Mr. C in some way.

Beiber haircut aside, It was good to finally see Big Ed. Not sure why Norma is with that Walter guy, but I guess it's continuing the theme of Shelly and Norma falling for bad men like in the original series with Hank and Leo retrospectively. They just can't get out of that rut. It also seemed to be a meta reference to David Lynch's discussions with networks/studios when trying to get his projects off the ground.

Also Bobby said TODAY they found the info regarding Major Briggs and Jack Rabbit's place. What? Hasn't there at least been a night scene (where the gun went off, then little girl threw up in the car) since that whole ordeal? Hmm...

Last edited by tslpsh; 08-07-2017 at 01:39 PM
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
This was definitely better than last weeks.

Re: James singing that song. I wonder if Lynch decided to kill Donna after all? That she died in James motorcycle accident. I feel like that's the reason Renee was crying, not so much cause he was singing to her, but that he was singing about lost love and she saw that pain.
that would totally make sense

Stranger Things Season 2 available now
Fuller House Season 3B coming December 22nd
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
so what did you think of last nights ep?
i cant believe after all these years james is still singing that terrible song
I liked it
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Another Twin Peaks Season Is Unlikely - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Old 08-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Episode 14 leaked in Germany and I spoiled myself reading what happens. Don't want to give it away but it's the craziest one since episode 8 and I can't wait to see it.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

That doesn't really bother me tbh.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Twin Peaks: Heather Graham on What She Thinks Happened to Annie - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Old 08-11-2017, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Thanks for that, interesting read.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Well Doc Hayward did mention to Frank Truman that he saw DoppelCoop roaming about the hospital after he hit his head on the mirror. I think that's when he went to see Annie and retrieve the ring to put on Dougie. Well technically he would've gotten it from the nurse who took it from Annie in that deleted scene from FWWM.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

How David Lynch, Angelo Badalamenti And James Marshall Wrote James Hurley's “Just You”

Old 08-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Thanks for the links.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

well im glad norma and big ed are back together again

but did anyone else notice the scene when alice witt (i dont know her character name) was at the tree with the bf her shirt was unbutton and she was crying and when the guy came with the dog she ran to the otherside of the tree and the bf then shot himself. when she ran to the otherside her shirt was magically all button back up again

badcoop was talking to david bowie character in that tank? that was just weird

dougie electrocuted himself in the wall socked. do you think he is getting his memories back and that he thinks that is the way to connect himself to the old coop?

r.i.p Margret /log lady. that was so sad to see. since she died IRL too shortly after filming.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 08-20-2017 at 07:15 PM
Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

sorry dp

Old 08-22-2017, 06:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
well im glad norma and big ed are back together again

but did anyone else notice the scene when alice witt (i dont know her character name) was at the tree with the bf her shirt was unbutton and she was crying and when the guy came with the dog she ran to the otherside of the tree and the bf then shot himself. when she ran to the otherside her shirt was magically all button back up again

badcoop was talking to david bowie character in that tank? that was just weird

dougie electrocuted himself in the wall socked. do you think he is getting his memories back and that he thinks that is the way to connect himself to the old coop?

r.i.p Margret /log lady. that was so sad to see. since she died IRL too shortly after filming.
I liked how David Lynch juxtaposed that sweet scene with Norma and Ed with the DoppelCoop going to the Dutchman's.

The guy with the dog was Mark Frost, one of the co-creators of the show. I didn't notice that about the shirt. I did notice Steven was scratching his leg, which makes me think he has the same rash as Sky Ferreria a few episodes back.

Yes, David Bowie was suppose to film, but unfortunately passed away before he could do so, so I guess Lynch decided to make Jeffries a Giant Percolator? I think that's what it was!? Lol

Dougie, well I'm spoiled but I will say I think that scene at the roadhouse and the song lyrics somewhat gives answer to this. The girl who ended up screaming that was walking on her knees reminded me of the way Dougie walked to the electric socket.

The log lady scene was heartfelt. The look in her eyes when she said she was dying was so sad. Great tribute to the character. This whole episode was a roller coaster of emotions.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it really was a roller coaster of emotions. this was a great episode. im going to miss the log lady.

i still dont understand the deal with freddy and his hand?

what was the song lyrics? i guess i wasnt listening close enough.

Reply   Post New Thread