Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Twilight Series" (by Stephenie Meyer) #3: Because who can deny the greatness?

Twilight
"Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."

As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because--he's a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.

New Moon
Bella celebrates her birthday with her boyfriend Edward and his family, a unique clan of vampires that has sworn off human blood. But the celebration abruptly ends when the teen accidentally cuts her arm on broken glass. The sight and smell of her blood trickling away forces the Cullen family to retreat lest they be tempted to make a meal of her. After all is mended, Edward, realizing the danger that he and his family create for Bella, sees no option for her safety but to leave. Mourning his departure, she slips into a downward spiral of depression that penetrates and lingers over her every step. Vampire fans will appreciate the subsequently dour mood that permeates the novel, and it's not until Bella befriends Jacob, a sophomore from her school with a penchant for motorcycles, that both the pace and her disposition begin to take off. Their adventures are wild, dare-devilish, and teeter on the brink of romance, but memories of Edward pervade Bella's emotions, and soon their fun quickly morphs into danger, especially when she uncovers the true identities of Jacob and his pack of friends. Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.

Eclipse
Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Fans:
  1. -Andie-
  2. globe2912 (Nad)
  3. Whitney86
  4. NaleyLove04 (Tes)
  5. Pickle-weasel! (Ria)
  6. Fieryangel (Ash)
  7. Evenstar1002 (Nat)
  8. Fatale (Rhi)
  9. PJ_Believer (Ann)
  10. daritah (Adara)
  11. Kitel (Krystal)
  12. paintedxlie (Val)
  13. A_Lullaby
  14. DreamWalker (Mel)
  15. McAwesome
  16. twilight15
  17. Spike it up (Cris)
  18. froggiepopple
  19. sKennedy
  20. pretty passion
  21. TessShipper (Steffi)
  22. Evil Poptart (Holly)
  23. Undeniable
  24. Stefy
  25. punkdisorderly23
  26. Sacha
  27. Melanie95
  28. ?
  29. Chris
  30. Jenkneesuu

Previous Threads:
'Twilight Series' (by Stephenie Meyer) #1: Because we couldn't resist Edward and Bella!
"Twilight Series" (by Stephenie Meyer) #2: Move Over Harry Potter We Got A New #1
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay New thread!

Can you add my name as well?

LiveJournal
Old 09-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy (View Post)
Yay New thread!

Can you add my name as well?
Done

Welcome to the thread to all the newbies I missed on the last one I'll be trying to stay up to date & involved and all of these great discussions again

Have I mentioned how much I love seeing all those Twilight related signatures & icons all around fan forum? the fan base has been growing for months now
Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
Have I mentioned how much I love seeing all those Twilight related signatures & icons all around fan forum? the fan base has been growing for months now

Oh I love watching it grow as well it's so great.
I just got my ex-boyfriend into it, I gave him Twlight a few days ago & he's half way threw. Yay I'm so happy I finally got someone hooked

It just seems so weird cause the list looks so small when we got so many people...hmm
Where you are going will be better
Old 09-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAwesome (View Post)
Oh I love watching it grow as well it's so great.
I just got my ex-boyfriend into it, I gave him Twlight a few days ago & he's half way threw. Yay I'm so happy I finally got someone hooked
for getting someone else addicted! I got a couple of people hooked on the books They finally understand what you have been talking about all those months after reading the books

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAwesome (View Post)
It just seems so weird cause the list looks so small when we got so many people...hmm
Just keep in mind that not everyone having a Twilight related icon/signature oor who is even posting on this thread is on the list
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Absolute Fan

I've been talking about it non-stop with my friends and now I got one of them reading Twilight and a couple of them waiting for her to finish the book, so they can borrow it as well. It's so great. I love sharing good books with friends.

Quote:
Yeah it's so awesome how many people have embraced the books. It would be really cool if we could get a board so that we can have much more discussions and individual threads for specific characters. That would be the best.

LiveJournal
Old 09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Addicted Fan

I got a friend hooked I told her how awesome Edward was and she read and fell in love. I think she only really likes Twilight though because she's not a fan of New Moon and she told me she didn't like Eclipse

Thanks for the new thread
Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Addicted Fan

aww, thanks for the new thread. the title is soooo true.

there's lots of fans out there and its good to see the Twilight love spreading.

i see them all the time and i got my friends reading them and they say they're amazing.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Passionate Fan

yay another hread

I don't think I asked to be added?
Icon by: 4EVERANDALWAYS
Old 09-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty passion (View Post)
I got a friend hooked I told her how awesome Edward was and she read and fell in love. I think she only really likes Twilight though because she's not a fan of New Moon and she told me she didn't like Eclipse

Thanks for the new thread
Methinks your friend is on Team Edward.

New Threadness. Yay!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

New thread already!

I'll boost the fan numbers and ask to be put on the list too

So we've only got 11 months to wait for Breaking Dawn. I'll be patient, I will!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for the new thread Andie.

Can I reserve spot #29?

I'm eagerly awaiting 'Breaking Dawn' too. 'Eclipse' kind of left Jacob out in the cold.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It has! I'm happy that it has grown more. And I even managed to get some of my friends (Who are guys) to get into them!

Quote:
So we've only got 11 months to wait for Breaking Dawn. I'll be patient, I will!
I know! I'm trying to be patient but it's hard! I really want to get my hands on a copy og that book...

Scrubs: October 2, 2001 - May 6, 2009
End of an Era
Old 09-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

11 months is a looooooooooong time to wait. BUT on the bright side, it is less than a year. Not like with the Harry Potter books where there were like, three year gaps between books and stuff. Months. That's all.

Then Midnight Sun!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKennedy (View Post)
11 months is a looooooooooong time to wait. BUT on the bright side, it is less than a year. Not like with the Harry Potter books where there were like, three year gaps between books and stuff. Months. That's all.

Then Midnight Sun!
Oh....I can't even imagine what I would do if there was a 2-3 year break in between.....

Scrubs: October 2, 2001 - May 6, 2009
End of an Era
Closed Thread   Post New Thread