Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, the final two episodes were very promising, definitely the strongest of this series IMO. The ending was great!

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I really liked the last two episodes
They seemed to wanting to lead us onto bigger and better things. Well, here's hoping anyway!
The ending got me slightly excited, but I'm not sure where that fits into Doctor Who...

Kat is your av. of Robin and Marian?

You are my sweetest downfall...
Self-confessed junkie of; OneTreeHill.The OC.Buffy.
lilmnx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmnx04 (View Post)
Kat is your av. of Robin and Marian?
Yes it is! I heart them. Hee.

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

I never noticed this the first time I watched the finalé:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Camibra; 01-05-2007 at 06:57 PM
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:00 AM
System Engineer

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who

Honestly ... I thought the finale had an interesting setup, but the conclusion was lame, and the very end with Jack was kind of pointless. The second to last episode was better.

Did anyone else get Master vibes from Bilis? I laughed when Owen found that grandfather clock, that's the form the Master's TARDIS would sometimes take. I'm sure it was intentional.

Overall, I thought the show definitely got better in the second half, but it's still missing a real direction and sense of purpose. For all the tough talk in the intro, I don't feel like Torchwood is the elite, professional, secret alien hunting champion of earth that they're supposed to be. They seem to spend most of their time fighting each other and causing more trouble than they solve, and far from being secret everyone seems to know about them and they seem happy to tell everybody who they are (except Gwen's boyfriend).

Apart from an overabundance of Weevils, there didn't really seem to be that many aliens about either. Why is all this alien activity focused on the rift anyway - they never needed a rift on Doctor Who for all kinds of aliens to be drawn to London.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Perhaps London has its very own rift? eg: on BtVS we all thought that Sunnydale was the only hellmouth - then in the final episode Giles reveals there are other hellmouths out there, maybe that is the same thing here, there are other rifts around and those places are where strange things such as Alien visitation happen.

I also got a serious Master vibe from Billis! Perhaps that will carry on into the next season of Doctor Who? We had pondered this before, they have used the Daleks and Cybermen, why not use The Master now?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmnx04 (View Post)
The ending got me slightly excited, but I'm not sure where that fits into Doctor Who...
Sorry. Can't figure out how to do this properly here. This is the best I could come up with. Highlight to read.
[spoiler]I've heard that Jack is supposed to show up around episode 11 of DW series 3. So I'm guessing that's where we'll see the tie in.[/spoiler]

I'm excited cause I finally got to see Torchwood! I loved it! Ghost Machine, They Keep Killing Suzie, and the finale were definitely my favorites. Really enjoyed the finale ending. Well except for it got me all ready to see the Doctor and then they didn't show him or even just the TARDIS and then I was disappointed. After I got over that though I went back to enjoying it.

"I missed you." - "You know what I missed you too."
Amber LJ | My FanFiction | Twitter Icon by me.
AisicsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

you want the [sp] tag...
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
New Fan

I still haven't seen the finale episodes but the other 11 were enough to hook me! I feel like they're confusng the target audience but hey, I don't care - as long as they keep making it! I rejoiced when I heard it'd been picked up for a second season, it gives them more of a chance to flesh it out and work on the 'problems'.
prside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
System Engineer

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
I also got a serious Master vibe from Billis! Perhaps that will carry on into the next season of Doctor Who? We had pondered this before, they have used the Daleks and Cybermen, why not use The Master now?
I very much doubt it, and I think they totally wasted that character in the end. He had such a good build up, but they failed to follow up on any of it - why did he have a component of the manipulator in his clock? Why was he trying to stop them from opening the rift in the second last ep, only to manipulate them into doing it in the finale? Why did he keep a file on Torchwood? What did the time travel have to do with anything?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:51 PM
System Engineer

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by prside (View Post)
I still haven't seen the finale episodes but the other 11 were enough to hook me! I feel like they're confusng the target audience but hey, I don't care - as long as they keep making it! I rejoiced when I heard it'd been picked up for a second season, it gives them more of a chance to flesh it out and work on the 'problems'.
Which parts got you hooked exactly?

For me, the only thing that kept me watching this show was the Doctor Who connection. The best episodes of the series were still very mediocre, IMHO, and none of the characters appealed to me at all.

Surprisingly, one of the eps I thought was half decent was Random Shoes, although I hated Love & Monsters from New Who S2. I think the reason it worked for me where Love & Monsters didn't was the fact that I felt cheated by the lack of Doctor/Rose, whereas on Torchwood an episode that didn't feature the main characters was a bit of a relief I also felt the character in that ep (forget his name) was better fleshed out in a single episode than any of the major TW characters for the whole season.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

I was disappointed with this show, I was expecting a Jack spin off not the Gwen Cooper show, Jack's such an interesting character with a lot of back story it seems a waste to spend the entire season on generic soap character #5. There were a couple of good episodes, the fairy one, the one with Suzie and the last two episodes but most of the season was a badly written mess. I'll still watch next season though, hopefully it'll improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
For me, the only thing that kept me watching this show was the Doctor Who connection
Me too, I think it's sad that the best part of the series was the sound of Jack leaving for a better show

Last edited by Suga*Babe; 02-02-2007 at 10:43 AM
Suga*Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
For me, the only thing that kept me watching this show was the Doctor Who connection. The best episodes of the series were still very mediocre, IMHO, and none of the characters appealed to me at all.
Sadly the same for me.
And I was really looking forward for this show after watching Doctor Who....
Old 02-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

I am just glad that the other Doctor Who spin off series 'Sarah Jane Adventures' is a lot like Doctor Who, it is fun and lighthearted and not all swearing and sex (it is on CBBC so there's the reason.) It is a lot like the proper Doctor Who than Torchwood is. The pilot episode was released a month ago.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the 'Sarah Jane Adventures'. Any news if we're going to see any more of it?