Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Total Fan

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles #1

I didn't see another thread for this series either on the Television board or this one (feel free to point it out if there is one).

Official website: FOX Broadcasting Company: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

The series picks up a couple of years after the events in T2 and follows Sarah and John Connor, focusing on Sarah's viewpoint. The pilot aired tonight and episode 2 airs tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Extreme Fan

So far I liked the fact that they stuck to the timeline. However, I am disappointed that they found a way to muck it up already by putting them into a new "when". Say, did they ever mention what model of Terminator that Summer Glau plays? Might she be a TX? And why is it that ALL Terminators are caucasian? I think that it would be by far more interesting if the Terminators were not only of different genders but of different races too. John and Sarah could never trust anyone. And why, WHY don't they have a dog???
Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

Hrm, I've got a few answers to there.

First, thanks for starting the thread dukesmom....I have pictures, so I'll bring those over from photobucket.

Next, according to the producers....T3 didn't happen, so there is no TX...however, Cameron (Summer Glau) is an advanced "regular" terminator. The most human yet. Perhaps a T-800 or maybe a T-600.

All Terminators won't be, they've got a number of actors hired to play terminators this year, not all of them are male and not all of them are the same race.

Good questions about the dogs.....why don't they, it'd seem obvious.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

I watched it last night, and I gotta say I really enjoyed it.

I've seen all the Terminator movies, and I like them..but I'm not a HUGE fan, so Im not as picky about it as I could be I suppose.

It actually really surprised me when the girl turned out to be a terminator I was like.."aww..she was killed", and then..."Nope! She's not"

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First let me start off by saying I've never seen any of the Terminator movies.

Second, the main reason I came to this show was because of Summer Glau. I'm a big fan of her work from Serenity as River and The 4400 as ****zophrenic Tess Dorner. From what I know of Summer she really enjoys science fiction so I was really looking forward to her being a Terminator (as I'd seen promo pics of her body as machine) and I was really looking forward to seeing her kick butt.

Third, saw the premiere last night and I loved it! Love the guy who plays John Connor, he is so cute. The woman that plays his mom though looks old enough to be his sister in my opinion. It was fun to see that one Terminator, the bad one, get all beat up to where we could see his internal machinery. It has a kind of Star Wars vibe to it which I like (General Grievous, Darth Vader, Luke with his prostetic hand). I think I'm really going to enjoy this show.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Hrm, I've got a few answers to there.

Next, according to the producers....T3 didn't happen, so there is no TX...however, Cameron (Summer Glau) is an advanced "regular" terminator. The most human yet. Perhaps a T-800 or maybe a T-600.

All Terminators won't be, they've got a number of actors hired to play terminators this year, not all of them are male and not all of them are the same race.

Good questions about the dogs.....why don't they, it'd seem obvious.
I knew that this series was taking place between T2 and T3. She said that she came from the year 2025. That's 7 years before the T-X being sent in T3.

This is what I found at imbd.com

"After his mother passed away, John Connor begun a life as a drifter, and deep down, knew what he, his mother, and the T-800, had done at Cyberdyne only delaying the completion of Skynet. A Terminatrix, T-X, sent back from 2032, to assassinate the future officers of TechCom, and the Resistance sent a T-850 to stop her."

Now concerning the model number of Summer's Terminator (her model number is not mentioned in the series, but the model numbers of the Terminators from T1, T2 and T3 are mentioned at imdb). Below is what I found at The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) concerning T3.

"On the verge of Judgement Day, the most advanced Terminator unit ever, the T-X, arrives from the future to ensure the rise of the machines. The only hope against it is a new upgraded T-800 unit, the T-850, that is sent back by the human resistance. Together with John Connor, it must stop the rise of the machines or all humanity will fall."

"Once again, a Terminator is sent to protect John and his future wife, and has a small upgrade which allows it to mimick humans more." (Meaning that the T-800 has been upgraded to a T-850)

Now, if what you are saying is true that they have people of different genders and races lined up to play Terminators... I'll be happy! hehehe Egads, it would be FREAKY if they sent back a Terminator that was a child!!!

Hrmm. Maybe they decided not to have a dog in the series for some weird reason. However, I think that they should as it would reaffirm the movies.

Last edited by TrekGoddess; 01-14-2008 at 02:46 PM
Old 01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

I've never actually seen the movies, but I love Summer Glau and Lena Headley, so I was watching this for sure. I really liked it, the pilot blew me away and I'm glad it did well in the ratings.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Surpisingly I loved the pilot.

I'm a huge Summer Glau fan and she didn't disappoint.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Next, according to the producers....T3 didn't happen
Well, they mentioned a pretty big plot point from T3 on tonight's episode, so it seems like they're borrowing from it partially.

I really loved tonight's episode. Just completely action packed! I'm a huge fan of the Terminator movie series and this is just awesome. My dad would have loved it. Too bad he passed away before it came to be.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
My dad would have loved it. Too bad he passed away before it came to be.
So true, Susan. So true. He would have been just jumping for joy about this!

Since Terminator Two: Judgment Day happens to be my favorite movie, I could not be more thrilled that this series was coming on TV.....and better yet..it did not disappoint!! I'm so enjoying it! I always wished that 'the Terminator' could become more of a fandom and now....
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 01-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

susan mentioned that she watched it so i thought i might give it a try... and suprisingly i really really like it

i was worried at first because i am such a huge fan of the movies... except three, but the first two are really amazing... anywho, the casting kind of turned me off... but by the end of hour two i was in awe

especially the writing... the writing is very beautiful like the movies... i can't wait for next week

oh and dean winters! i've always followed him ever since oz... i can't believe i didnt know he was in this... what a pleasant suprise... and nick wechsler from roswell!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

L! I'm so glad you liked it.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lexi liked it.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
and nick wechsler from roswell!
I know!

And I agree, the writing is beautiful.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Total Fan

Ratings for the Sunday episode were great: 'Sarah Connor' premiere terminates rivals - Yahoo! News. A better test will be the Monday episode which I will be watching shortly while my laundry continues.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread