Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Nooo... now I think wheel of fortune whenever I see the gate I'm busy watching part one now. It looks pretty interesting, so new. Love what Jack tossed through the gate after they went through. The new major seems so lost, it's so cute to see his reaction, since he's got no clue about the Stargate. I thought Weir would annoy me, but she doesn't... and Dr. McKay is just the best. Haven't gotten to the Wraith part yet.

*grin*

It's so exciting.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 07-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm still out on the Dr.
don't know if I like her all to much, time will tell.

I loved that Jack sent something...
who else thought it was funny that Daniel wanted to go.. Jack is all like no...
I agree, the gate did look weird.. I do like the major, hes cute, reminds me of Jack.

Suzanne

Last edited by gravelgerdie; 07-17-2004 at 06:50 PM
Old 07-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Passionate Fan

man i miss watching this show..i've seen some but not really..
Old 07-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gravelgerdie
I'm still out on the Dr.
don't know if I like her all to much, time will tell.

I loved that Jack sent something...
who else thought it was funny that Daniel wanted to go.. Jack is all like no...
I agree, the gate did look weird.. I do like the major, hes cute, reminds me of Jack.

Suzanne
Hey Suz

See, I'm not completely sure about the Major yet... don't want them to force him into a 'Jack personality substitute'. Still, they both have that simplistic view of the whole thing, I kinda like it. And yeah, he's cute too, so that always helps

Old 07-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Being cute always helps

I just love SG-1 and I hope that I will love more of the new Atlantis

Suzanne
Old 07-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, hopefully it'll stick around long enough to get really into it. I wasn't super hooked onto SG1 when it first came out. Then again, I was like 12, and stupid, so we won't go there. Anyway the crew has had so much practice with SG1, how could Atlantis *not* be cool?

Old 07-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

But of course
It has to turn out good..
I love watching Stargate its fun.... Can't wait to see more new eps

Suzanne
Old 07-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Are you spoiled Suz?

Old 07-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*
Are you spoiled Suz?
I love being Spoiled...
Can't get enough of the spoiled

Anything I should know??

Suzanne
Old 07-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Hell yeah, go to Gateworld there are so many cool plots coming up. I can't wait!

Old 07-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey campers.

As an old Stargate fan I feel this urge to comment on the new Atlantis show. I´m not good with critizising anything but I´ll give it a shot.Worst thing that can happen to me is that you´ll stone me to death.

Ok, Stargate:Atlantis gets 7 and a half s out of ten from me.
I have to admit I really liked it. I wasn´t so sure I´d like it when the whole Stargate spin off idea came into the picture. I wasn´t sure it would actually work since Stargate SG1 is a top series.
I liked the first half of the season premiere better. It was cute and refreshing to see the excitement on the characters faces when they went trough the gate. It was good to have Jack and Daniel there, gave the whole thing a familiar and funny touch. But it was kinda strange to see them staying behind and not going trough the wormhole with the rest of them. I admit I´m used to Jack/Daniel going to play in the alien's backyards.
I don´t know what to make of this whole City of Atlantis thing. Ok, so they´ve found it. Good. The show can be canceled now. No reason to continue. I thought that was to whole point of going to the new location,to find Atlantis. I thought it´d take a while longer to find it. And now they´re operating from the Atlantis base.Hmm. It´s somehow strange. Everything is so...alien. The technology, the location...everything seems more...hip, cooler. I know the series isn´t supposed to look exactly like SG1 but...I lack the vocabulary to explain my point here.Sorry. It just feels strange to me. SG1 seems more down to earth, so to speak. *shrugs* That´s all I can say at this point.

On to the characters:

Dr. Weir- she was ok. Actually, she has potential. I thought she would bug the hell out if me but she´s a decent character.So far...

Major John Sheppard - he´s a major cutie. Seems a bit young to be in the position of raking military officer at Atlantis,though. I know the badass Col. died but still Sheppard cant be the only higher ranking officer there, can he? Oh well. I have this feeling that he´s gonna be a major womanizer. You just can´t have men looking like that roaming around the universe w/o proper protection.

Dr. Rodney McKay- my favourite character so far. He´s just adorable. I love my Staragte geeks.

Teyla Emmagan-uh,...isn´t there this saying that if you have nothing good to say don´t say anything at all? So ok, I don´t like her. Teal'C I liked instantly. The same goes for about every SG1 character. But Teyla...she really bugs me.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Nice thoughts Stef I think I'm still too fan-buzzed to be objective. The part with Sheppard being the ranking military officer didn't work for me either. They went on what was possibly the most important full scale exploration with only one colonel, and one major- who didn't even know the Stargate had existed? Anyway, even if it doesn't make sense, I am glad that he's in charge of blowing up the bad guys... gives him that cool edge, and the fact that he's clueless about 'aliens' could make his reactions to everything cute

MacKay stole the funny lines- loved the lemon part at the end. That was a play off the SG episode where he said he was deathly allergic to citrus.

Teyla, I'm not so worried about. She doesn't seem the type who's going to burst into tears every time she breaks a nail, so she's got hope.

You missed Aiden! Okay, he didn't have that big a role (yet) but he was still great, they way he backed into the wormhole. You know, they originally planned Sam's name to be Aiden. Weird, huh? Aiden Carter. I prefer Sam.

Old 07-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Nice thoughts Stef
I´m glad to have found an audience that appreciates(sp?) my thoughts. Because..I like to share my thoughts, you know?

Quote:
Teyla, I'm not so worried about. She doesn't seem the type who's going to burst into tears every time she breaks a nail, so she's got hope.
I´m not worried about her breaking a nail. I´m worried about...jeez, I don´t know...maybe I´m just having a major case of PMS. Who knows.

Quote:

You missed Aiden! Okay, he didn't have that big a role (yet) but he was still great, they way he backed into the wormhole. You know, they originally planned Sam's name to be Aiden. Weird, huh? Aiden Carter. I prefer Sam.
Riiight. Aiden. Nice name. Nice guy. Hope his character will get more action. He seems really young, doesn´t he? The whole team is fairly young...Doc MacKay seems to be one of the oldest and he´s what..in his mid thirties?
So, this is Stargate: The next Generation,huh?

You know, Aiden and John, they have no chance to get promoted or to get awarded with fancy medals for heroic behaviour because they´re kinda lost in space right now. Poor guys. And why am I thinking about this at all?Does this mean I´m already addicted?
Old 07-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpio
So, this is Stargate: The next Generation,huh?
Oh my God, that had me laughing I'm totally stealing that for a fic someday.

Aw, MacKay isn't too old... he's so stressed out- and he's Canadian! I loved the dynamic he had with the crazy Scottish guy. Or maybe he was Irish. I'm bad at accents.

I wonder if they'll stick to the whole Earth miliatary protocol stuff? If they've lost touch with Earth for such a long time, maybe Sheppard can uh... promote himself? I'd like to see that. Not everyone there is USAF of course, they're from all sorts of different countries, so maybe it's not that important. They may even come up with their own ranking system.

Gosh, there's so much potential in this show! You probably are addicted Stef I hope ratings are good... and stay good.

Old 07-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Hell yeah, go to Gateworld there are so many cool plots coming up. I can't wait!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm going to look now... Thanks

Suzanne