Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi Everyone

Yep, Danny did us all proud...
I just love the show. I can't wait till next Fridays Ep.

Suzanne
Old 08-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Addicted Fan

what's different from a col rank like o'neil had and a lt. col rank that sam has now? and what's the deal with being a "brigadeer" general as opposed to just "general"? all this military stuff is confusing!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise
what's different from a col rank like o'neil had and a lt. col rank that sam has now? and what's the deal with being a "brigadeer" general as opposed to just "general"? all this military stuff is confusing!
I think it goes second & first Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lieutenant Colonel (Sam), Colonel, Brigadier General (O'Neill), Major General (Hammond), Lieutenant General (General Vidrine), and General.

At least, that's what I remember reading from a fanfic

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 08-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*
At least, that's what I remember reading from a fanfic
Fan Fic explains it all

So it was RDA's idea to do the Stargate TV show?
Old 08-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe
Fan Fic explains it all

So it was RDA's idea to do the Stargate TV show?
Nah, the guy from MGM, John Simes, called exec producer Michael Greenburg about doing a SG tv show, then Brad Wright and Glassner found out and said they really -really- wanted to get involved so Simes (brilliant guy that he was) made them partners. Then Simes called RDA, told him that MGM had bought the Stargate franchise, and asked him to sign on for 2 seasons. RDA watched the movies and thought it was cool, so he did, under the condition that the character had... a sense of humor... and wasn't going to be the technobabble smart guy.

Last edited by *Sugi*; 08-16-2004 at 04:21 PM
Old 08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey everyone

Sugi Is there anything Stargate related that you don´t know anything about? BTW, your new avie. I just can´t get enough of McKay.I´m obsessed with him.Oy.

I loved the McKay/children interaction. That was hilarious. But Ford handled the situation really good. You would think he comes from a big family with lots of younger siblings...
And what is it with SG teams and chocolate on first contact missions? Daniel won the Unas over with some candy and Ford did the same with the children.
And why is chocolate even part of their gear? Secret weapon? Maybe they´re trying for a new tactic.*sigh* The power of chocolate. Perhaps they should try this with the Wraith and the snakes.

Finally after five long agonizing hours I got the last SG eppies downloaded yesterday. Thank god for flatrates.
Anyway,in the SGA episode...that young guy who played the leading 'elder', the one that was supposed to sacrifice himself for the greater good, isn´t that the same actor who played the late Lt. Elliot in 2 SG1 episodes? Hmm. I have to check on that later.

Sometimes it´s a bit creepy to see actors return on Stargate in different roles...It´s like the return of the un-dead. For example that guy who plays Doc Weir´s boyfriend/husband, whatever...he played that Tollan guy who died. And now he´s back? Tststs. That´s just wrong.

And Siler had a real action scene! Yeah, life is good.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't help it Stef, I'm such a spaz when it comes to my scifi shows

The chocolate thing was cute, maybe it's a standard SGC quick sugar fix or something. There's also the turkey sandwich thing... they mentioned it in The Other Guys, Desperate Measures, and New Order. Then again in Atlantis. I'm thinking the writers had a craving.

Yeah, the leader was Elliot... who died. Then Narim, Tollan guy, seeing him again is just too weird. Minor characters just don't die like they used to, and it kinda takes away from the 'shock' of it all. Now whenever someone dies on SG1, nobody will care because we'll probably see the character again in a few weeks on Atlantis. They can't keep it up forever though.

Oh! The guy who plays Ford used to be a VJ on Much Music here in Canada. I never recognized him because he used to have an afro and a beard.

Damn, talking about this on the wrong thread

I just saw the trailer for Affinity and Sci-fi.com, so glad we're getting 2 Teal'c eps in a row. I wonder if they'll show us what his new place looks like? Don't think they had a lot in the way of interior decorating on Chulak.

Last edited by *Sugi*; 08-16-2004 at 05:33 PM
Old 08-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

I'm in full art mood today. I wanted to watch some Atlantis episodes yesterday but my computer refused to let me look at them. What is wrong with it? Has my computer developed a hate against SG?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*

Damn, talking about this on the wrong thread
Damn right. And for a few minutes I was pissed at you for talking about a SGA related topic on the SG1 thread that I was forced to take action: I went to the requests thread and now after some excessive posting at said board I´m calm enough to tell you this:
If anyone complains about your rantings...sent them my way.
I´ll show them what´s what.

Last edited by scorpio; 08-16-2004 at 06:26 PM
Old 08-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorency

I'm in full art mood today. I wanted to watch some Atlantis episodes yesterday but my computer refused to let me look at them. What is wrong with it? Has my computer developed a hate against SG?
Wow. That´s some fantastic art. I´m gonna print the single arts and use them as bookmarks.

After your comment, I just had to check if my comp is still in the mood to play the Stargate episodes. Thank god my Spaceboy hasn´t got tired of my obsession yet.
Your computer is probably tired of you only turning him on to on Sheppard and co. Could be jealousy, but I´m not a pro when it comes to psychotic computers. Psychotic bf´s are more my thing.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpio
Damn right. And for a few minutes I was pissed at you for talking about a SGA related topic on the SG1 thread that I was forced to take action: I went to the requests thread and now after some excessive posting at said board I´m calm enough to tell you this:
If anyone complains about your rantings...sent them my way.
I´ll show them what´s what.
Stef, you're the best, glad I can count on you to beat people up for me. I promise to return the favor in any of your psychotic bf's annoy you

Caroline, those are so pretty! If my printer weren't a piece of crap I'd use em as bookmarks too, but then again I'm more of a fold-in-corner type of reader

Old 08-17-2004, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

Bad Sugi. Bad Bad Bad!

man, I leave for a couple days to take care of the house, and looks what happens, Sugi starts crossing the threads! I feel like ghost busters....never cross the thread ray!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Bad Sugi. Bad Bad Bad!

man, I leave for a couple days to take care of the house, and looks what happens, Sugi starts crossing the threads! I feel like ghost busters....never cross the thread ray!
*runs to the dark little corner, covers ears, and starts humming the SG theme*

Someone let me know when it's safe to come out

Old 08-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Addicted Fan

what did you guys think of the actors they used in sg-1 to replace the actors from the movie? i for one like RDA's o'neil a bit more than kurt russel cause he brought humor in his character. kurt russel's chracter was too dark for me. i also liked michael shanks more than james spader, altho when the series started he played the role just like spader, but has since then expanded it and added depth.
the only ones i didnt really like were the replacements for kawalsky and ferreti. i was watching through "children of the gods" a while ago and i jay acovone doesnt seem to fit kawalsky for me, and neither does the guy for ferreti. in fact, the actor for ferreti looks nothing like french stewart in the movie, and he looks like 10 yrs older also.

next week's ep is about teal'c again? oh well, teal'c is cool.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpio
After your comment, I just had to check if my comp is still in the mood to play the Stargate episodes. Thank god my Spaceboy hasn´t got tired of my obsession yet.
Your computer is probably tired of you only turning him on to on Sheppard and co. Could be jealousy, but I´m not a pro when it comes to psychotic computers. Psychotic bf´s are more my thing.
Thanx....wait a minute...is your computer's name Spaceboy? Cool.
My computer's name was Voyager Monkey. Now I decided to name it the Phantom. I will have to stick to that since it giving me trouble with the SG episodes and Atlantis episodes.

My family is starting to worry about me. I recently got the SG-theme as a calling signal to my cell phone. Wee!

Wasn't Michael Shanks playing Daniel in the Stargate movie to? Or have I completly made that up?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread