Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*

I used to love Sliders! Such a great show... but for me it kinda lost its appeal towards the end. Not sure why.
I used to love Sliders!

I have seasons 1-5 on video and DVD. I got them free. People really like to give me free things It's weird. The next thing I know I'm getting a mobile phone, a silver necklace, an apple laptop and videos weird that
Old 08-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

And just who is giving youall of this?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
And just who is giving youall of this?
lots of different people

Necklace - Girl I met here
Phone - Guy I met here
Videos - Guy at Dad's work
Laptop - Weird old Lady

ETA: Nice weird old lady*
Old 08-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dukesmom
The scheduled release date (in the U.S.) is October 19th according to barnesandnoble.com.
You're kidding! Arg, I was hoping it would be sooner.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe
Necklace - Girl I met here
Phone - Guy I met here
Well I'm obviously hanging around the wrong places

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 08-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
I wish I could get season 1 DVD and up. I can't find it in any store around here and I don't have a way of ordering anything online. Also I spent my last DVD show fund on Sliders.

I didn't watch SG1 from the begining. Since it was orginally on Showtime(right?) I thought it was. Anyways never saw it. Sci-Fi has been very good for me and Stargate. I get information here and there. Of things I have missed. Usually I can't watch a show unless I see it from the begining. SG-1(which I started watching late last year) and Farscape(which I started watching a chain reaction after season 1) have proved to the exception to my rule.

I wish I can get all the seasons right now.. But its so expensive for me.
So I have to do a little at a time.. Then I will have them all...
I got hooked on SG when it came on SciFi..

Suzanne
Old 08-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Whee! That's fun, it was my first boxset too It's great to see season one, makes me think about how much they've all changed. I wish it had more extras though.

Anyone know anything about the season 7 DVD?

I used to love Sliders! Such a great show... but for me it kinda lost its appeal towards the end. Not sure why.
I wish it had some naked Daniel

But yeah, I"m so glad to have it. Now it will just take some time till I get the others..

I loved Sliders as well.. But when Wade wasn't on anymore and they added that new girl.. I lost interest.

Suzanne
Old 08-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gravelgerdie
I wish it had some naked Daniel
Hey- who doesn't?

Wow, Avatar was such a great script, the idea was cool, and all those camera effects were sleek. This has to be my new favorite Teal'c episode, and there were some great team moments in there too. Also quite nice of them to throwback all the way to a season 2 episode.

I liked how the rest of SG1 volunteered to get hooked up to the machine... but why why Daniel? They explained that Jack couldn't go in, but wouldn't Carter be the obvious chioce? Or maybe the game would learn too many systems info from her... hmm. Still, sending Daniel in was unexpected, which is probably why they did it. Danny really deserves the award for the guy who gets shot most on-screen.

The part where Teal'c had to decide to trust Carter and Jack was intense, and the SG1 standoff was such a great idea, I don't think we've ever seen anything like that before.

I couldn't believe Chevron Guy got zatted in his chair- and Siler was a Goa'uld! Where do the writers come up with this stuff? And Jack's Matrix line was perfect. Oh- and the 3D graphics were... new, though the 'Armor 100%' made me cringe. Anyone else want to run out and buy the SG video game after this episode?

I was thinking about Dr. Lee... Going according to the SG formula, I'm predicting he really doesn't have much longer to live. The writers seem to like getting rid of minor characters. Besides, we have plenty of scientists- what ever happened to Felger? I liked that guy.

Old 08-15-2004, 02:26 AM
Addicted Fan

i came in 3/4 of the way in the episode, so i was kinda lost. how come teal'c was stuck in the game in the first place?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Hey- who doesn't?

Wow, Avatar was such a great script, the idea was cool, and all those camera effects were sleek. This has to be my new favorite Teal'c episode, and there were some great team moments in there too. Also quite nice of them to throwback all the way to a season 2 episode.

I liked how the rest of SG1 volunteered to get hooked up to the machine... but why why Daniel? They explained that Jack couldn't go in, but wouldn't Carter be the obvious chioce? Or maybe the game would learn too many systems info from her... hmm. Still, sending Daniel in was unexpected, which is probably why they did it. Danny really deserves the award for the guy who gets shot most on-screen.

The part where Teal'c had to decide to trust Carter and Jack was intense, and the SG1 standoff was such a great idea, I don't think we've ever seen anything like that before.

I couldn't believe Chevron Guy got zatted in his chair- and Siler was a Goa'uld! Where do the writers come up with this stuff? And Jack's Matrix line was perfect. Oh- and the 3D graphics were... new, though the 'Armor 100%' made me cringe. Anyone else want to run out and buy the SG video game after this episode?

I was thinking about Dr. Lee... Going according to the SG formula, I'm predicting he really doesn't have much longer to live. The writers seem to like getting rid of minor characters. Besides, we have plenty of scientists- what ever happened to Felger? I liked that guy.
Naked Daniel

I liked Avatar as well.. I was shocked that Daniel went in and Sam didn't. But hey it gave us Sexy tough Daniel
I was laughing everytime poor Daniel got killed by Teal'c. Poor baby just could get him to listen. But I did like the team work and the comments about the Matrix..
I also thought it was funny when Sam told Jack he couldn't go in the game because of the way his mind thinks in basic fighting and combat.

Suzanne
Old 08-15-2004, 03:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise
i came in 3/4 of the way in the episode, so i was kinda lost. how come teal'c was stuck in the game in the first place?
Its a virtureality training program for SG members. Teal'c thought it was to easy, so they fixed it to where it would be harder for him, but his mind made it even harder and the game just wouldn't end for him.

Suzanne
Old 08-15-2004, 04:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gravelgerdie
Its a virtureality training program for SG members. Teal'c thought it was to easy, so they fixed it to where it would be harder for him, but his mind made it even harder and the game just wouldn't end for him.

Suzanne
Yeah, those few scenes told us a lot about his character... or subconscious, even more than the Changeling. I was surprised when Daniel said that deep -deep- down Teal'c may have thought the Goa'uld could never be defeated.

Old 08-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
I was surprised when Daniel said that deep -deep- down Teal'c may have thought the Goa'uld could never be defeated.
I was as well atleast a little bit. They have been fighting the Goa'uld for eight years now. SGC has only managed to take out a few top players and protect earth. As for taking out the entire system lords well. I know that they have come close on atleast one occassion with the poison that Daniel had from the Tok'ra. Until they manage the right resources and technology, they won't be able to really touch the System Lords in a real full scale war. (Ship vs. Ship) Teal'c may believe that they will never find that knowledge.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is the name of the producer of Stargate?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Isn´t RDA one of the producers? I always thought he is..or perhaps I´m just imagining this. That thought wouldn´t be too far fetched.

Oh, btw...Hi all .

Lorency I snagged the last Daniel/Jack avies you made.
I´m always up for more.

I haven´t seen the last two SGA episodes yet. I´m currently downloading them but it´ll take a while. I´m asking the experts around here:Were they any good?
I saw Avatar yesterday. Daniel has become quite the capable soldier,huh? And he´s filled out nicely. It´s such a change from the beginning of the show. But I´ve read somewhere that MS was interested from the very beginning to get his character away from the geek chliché. Looks like he succeeded. Our favourite Archeologist can certaily hold his own in a gun fight. Aren´t we all proud now? Our kid is all grown up.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think the executive producers are still the same as they were for earlier seasons, so that would be Richard Dean Anderson, Robert C. Cooper, Michael Greenburg, and Brad Wright.

Stef! Hope the episode download soon enough, I also had issues with it. Yeah, Danny did us proud...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread