Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I just came to the discovery that we don't stand a chance in h-e-double-l of getting a board It's the top 2 boards overall (so of all four categories together) that get a board. Which means we don't have a chance whatsoever because most people are voting in the female and male celebrities categories.

Old 10-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzan83
I just came to the discovery that we don't stand a chance in h-e-double-l of getting a board It's the top 2 boards overall (so of all four categories together) that get a board. Which means we don't have a chance whatsoever because most people are voting in the female and male celebrities categories.

Well that really sucks!

Stargate deserves a board of it's own!

Hmmm maybe if we posted pics of Shanks, Tapping ect around it might spark some interest in the folks who would not normally think to post here.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
It's the top 2 boards overall (so of all four categories together) that get a board. Which means we don't have a chance whatsoever because most people are voting in the female and male celebrities categories.

What?!

I didn't know that... damn, that doesn't help. I don't get it though, I know the Smallville board doesn't have over a hundred consistent posters (especially during off-season) so what's the difference if you've got one poster who posts lots of times, or a dozen posters who post once a week? Grr... I. Want. A. Board!

Onto happy thoughts... welcome to the thread Gategirl! Glad you're here

Caroline, I love those avies, especially Jack/mini-Jack...

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 10-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Well....

We'll always have the thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Gategirl
Hi all! My first post here HAD to be on the Stargate page!!
I've been completely obsessed for about 10 months now.. My next goal in life, now that I finally have a DVD payer is to get all 7 seasons on DVD.
Well..I just wanted to introduce myself..I'm sure I'll be around lots.
Until then..Bye!
Welcome!! Always nice to see new people
Old 10-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Then nevermind my post on the Atlantis thread. I'm still not giving up though. I want that board. Maybe if I give Jerry a cookie... But the whole voting thing doesn't make sense. So instead of added 3-4 boards every month and have them on a trial basis (excluding tv shows) like we were originally going to do we're just adding two?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, two new boards (on a trial basis) every month, so we'd have to vote and campaign every month. But if you look at the current top positions....it's all female and male celebs, so we don't stand a chance.

Which I think puts us sci-fi fans in a tough spot, because while we post a lot, our numbers are fewer.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Absolute Fan

From Gateworld

Fandemonium seeking Stargate authors
OCTOBER 11, 2004

Stargate SG-1 novel publisher Fandemonium Books is looking for the next great Stargate writer. The company announced this weekend that it will conduct an open submissions process throughout the month of November, inviting fans to send in proposals for original Stargate SG-1 novels.
From November 1 through November 30, writers can send in their proposal via postal mail only, including a synopsis, writing sample, and a writing history. Unpublished writers are encouraged to submit a proposal. Visit StargateNovels.com for full details and proposal specs!

Fandemonium has published two SG-1 novels to date: "Trial By Fire" by Sabine C. Bauer, and "Sacrifice Moon" by Julie Fortune. The third novel in the series, "A Matter of Honor" by Sally Malcolm, is due next month.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Which I think puts us sci-fi fans in a tough spot, because while we post a lot, our numbers are fewer.
That's true There's been lots of comments about it at the Request board though. Maybe if enough people mention that it's a little unfair, they'll change their minds?

All this optimism is hard work

Thanks for the info Magic. Has anyone actually read an SG book? I haven't even seen one, but how cool would it be to write a novel fic then have it published?

Old 10-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Squee!

A shipper book!!!!!!!

someone must write a shipper book! There are tons of fabulous writers out there on the great ship S/J. I must go annoy them to enter.

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Old 10-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Gategirl! I saw when ff had you listed as newest member and I was tempted to just PM you to see if you were in fact a Stargate fan just from the name, good to see that you are Welcome btw

A Shipper book?! Yes please!
::runs back to work before she gets fired::

Later Gaters :;giggles:: Like my lame pun?
Wow I'm hyper, forgive me
Carrie <-----nothing meant by the rolleyes, he is just my favorite smilie
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton
Old 10-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Destiny_Sucks
Hey Gategirl! I saw when ff had you listed as newest member and I was tempted to just PM you to see if you were in fact a Stargate fan just from the name, good to see that you are Welcome btw

A Shipper book?! Yes please!
::runs back to work before she gets fired::

Later Gaters :;giggles:: Like my lame pun?
Wow I'm hyper, forgive me
Carrie <-----nothing meant by the rolleyes, he is just my favorite smilie
Goodness....slow down on the coffee, girl

Old 10-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Coffee? Did someone say coffee? Mmm...

As much as I'd love to have them publish a book entirely about ship... it's an action/adventure/sci-fi show. I don't think they'd buy the plot where Sam and Jack get stranded on a planet all alone, and Sam's forced to wear some skimpy native clothing, while Jack gets drunk on something that shockingly removes his inhibitions, so that when he sees her in the moonlight (always moonlight) he jumps her... but then can't remember it in the morning, and gets blindsided one day when Sam's... *gasp* ...pregnant! Then they both give up the SGC, which has been their entire lives up until now, and they live happily ever after at Jack's cabin... until the sequel *gasp again* Sam gets kidnapped and turns into a puddle of 'Saaave me Jack!'! Jack rescues her just in time of course, because he's Jack, and that's what he does.

I've read too many fanfics haven't I? They've become a little clichéd... I'd rather see a really good plot about that involves the NID/Trust/Prometheus/Alpha site. Kinda like Endgame. A few hints at ship wouldn't hurt, but nothing obvious

Old 10-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Speaking of Amanda Tapping and pregnancy...

She's having a baby. Due March 15th!

Congratulations to her and husband Alan!!

See her note about it!!!

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!

Last edited by Eye of Botox; 10-12-2004 at 02:58 PM
Old 10-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

That is so great! Aww, she really seems like such a sweet woman, I'm sure she is going to make a fantastic mother!

Congrats to her and her husband!!
Old 10-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Goodness....slow down on the coffee, girl

Coffee? What coffee? ::blinks::

Congrats to Amanda Tapping. I'm happy for her and her husband and hey they might have to mention something about it in the show. :;ponders:: Pete needs to go, NOW!
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton
Closed Thread   Post New Thread