Old 03-16-2004, 05:28 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

yes, please do [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe:
<STRONG>I watched the last eppy of season um...4 on saturday [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I wanna know how they get back to earth after they blew up that star! I've seen it before, but I don't remember [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
I seen it last night and I don't remember. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I checked to make sure, the replicators modified the engines to operate at (a lot) more than 800 times its capable hyperspeed and set a course for Apophis' base, bringing them back to their own galaxy. Then they caused the ship, along with the replicators and Apophis, to crash into his planet while they escaped with a Cargo ship. (And a bunch of other stuff happened, but you get the picture...)

Cryostar Thanks for the clues! It was Decent from season 6. Even with the clues it was eluding me (BTW, it was Jonas, not Jacob--which I totally don't remember). I looked at that episode, I don't know how many times, and for some reason I never thought it was the right one. Thanks so much!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Elite Fan

Absolutely right Sit in the circle! I finally got my hands on my sg-1 source today, and he confirmed it was jonas too, in fact, the first jonas-centric episode. But for the life of us, we couldn't remember the name of it, probably because I was too convinced that it was season 5. Sigh...I should watch it some time soon.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:29 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

i think S2 (DVD) is being released here in Australia soon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 04:02 AM
Loyal Fan

cryostar: i don't like to mock things unless i try/see them first...but from what i can gather and what i know of stargate:atlantas, i think it will be cancelled before the frist season is over.

When the time came to leap in faith, whether you had your eyes open or closed or screaming all the way down or not made no practical difference.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:18 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

by the opinions i have heard so far it certainly looks that way. shame if it does though.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:01 AM
Loyal Fan

yeah. with sg1 going, there'd be nothing much left on tv to watch [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] .

When the time came to leap in faith, whether you had your eyes open or closed or screaming all the way down or not made no practical difference.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Total Fan

For those in the U.S., tonight is the Season 7 Finale at 9/8c on SciFi.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
<STRONG>But for the life of us, we couldn't remember the name of it, probably because I was too convinced that it was season 5.</STRONG>
That's nothing, I was convinced that it was season 2 or 3. I think it's because that's which episodes they were showing on SciFi when I seen Decent on another channel who was playing the later seasons. It's not the first time I've made that mistake. I also get it somewhat confused with the time that Jack, Sam, Teal'C and Bra'tac (no, I'm not sure I'm spelling that right--close enough) used them to escape in The Serpent's Lair, which was the beginning of season 2. So, yeah... I should start taking notes.

What makes everybody say that Atlantis isn't going to do well? I always miss out on the best gossip. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I definitely get that feeling but have you guys heard anything specific?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Nothing solid, per se, just general ideas. Scifi channel shows typically don't do well, SG-1 has been lagging in ratings, where it used to hang around 1.9 - 2.1 now it's in the 1.5 to 1.7 range. Additionally, while there's a lot of fanfare from sci fi over the characters and the actors/resses, there's not much buzz from anyone else. Lastly, the story is old and used. Different galaxy, more primitive/different humans and a new enemy "more powerful and evil" than the goa'uld. Sounds like the tag line they used for B5: Legend of the rangers. Add them up, and it sounds like there's going to be a failure. I'll probably check it out, but i'm not hoping anything.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

hey y'all i'm usualy on the Dark Angel board, and i desided to expand my horizons, and i was shocked to find that there was only one Stargate:SG1 topic, and no forum!

stargate is awsome and i watch it every friday. i'm sure the dip in ratings is just because S7 has been kinda melow dramatic. that and i'm all like, ok, its been like 7 years, jack and sam, shut up and get together. besides on the latest epi with the acients and him and her, i was all frustrated that she didn't kiss him when she was like "you're not leaving me" ugh! male writers. i bet

ok rant over. thanks for listening ( or reading as the case is)

who'd have thunk that we would still be here after all these years?
Old 03-22-2004, 05:52 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lovedove123:
<STRONG>besides on the latest epi with the acients and him and her, i was all frustrated that she didn't kiss him when she was like "you're not leaving me" ugh! male writers. i bet</STRONG>
yeah it was probably male writers though i haven't cn that ep or any S7 eps yet b/c Ch7 aka the [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]'s won't start showing it [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] and there is nothing wrong with male writers. it adds that extra atmosphere that sci-fi needs and always has had. if they start doing romantic soppy stuff i will stop watching the show immediately and never watch it again. i hate it when good sci-fi turns into a soap opera [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

i dont want it to go ALL romantic, but a little sexual tension is always nice. i found that most male writers dont mantain a sexual tension. they've set up a nice foreay for a Jack/Sam relationship, and have kept it alive with little things, like the looping epi, where he kissed her, or the zatar epi, where they admitted their feelings, or the epi where sam was traped in that werid space time buble thing on the x 395 (?) its like the potential is there...that and the fact that all other posible relationships for sam have been killed off. so why not give sam a boyfriend? like jack, cuz they CANT kill him.

who'd have thunk that we would still be here after all these years?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Morning all, new thread time.

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread