Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just watched Citizen Joe in Season 8, and I never realized how shippy it is!
icon made by Odakota_Rose
Old 08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
It was a great episode. I'm honestly kind of shocked they addressed the Sam/Jack issue so early on.
RDA and AT wanted to stop pussy-footing around and get on w/ their characters. But we got so many more scenes in later seasons!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The juggling was hilarious though, the look on his face cracked me up.
Too true!

And Citizen Joe? I loved it! Joe had a lot of the same reactions to the Stargate episodes I had when I first saw them. And his comments to O'Neill about Carter? Priceless!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Elite Fan

Just watched "Beneath The Surface". I loooooved the Sam/Jack stuff, especially when they were all huddled up and he told her he remembered having feelings for her. Sooo freaking cute!

I'm going all fangirl.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Just watched "Beneath The Surface". I loooooved the Sam/Jack stuff, especially when they were all huddled up and he told her he remembered having feelings for her. Sooo freaking cute!

I'm going all fangirl.
That's one of my favourite episodes ever! They are soooo cute together and Jack's sadness at the end when he says 'Sir' is sooo heartbreaking! I love them!
Also, re: your comment about the timeloop episode: how about 'the look' he gives Sam right after the loop and at the end when they asked him if he did something crazy? Hehehe, makes me break out in a grin every time I see it

Pink & White Cookie ~ I laughed too at that bit when Jack says about having different dreams and looks at Thera! Hehehe, he's sooo transparent and such a man

vball2003_1999 ~ I agree, he HAS to give us confirmation, none of that timeloop, memory stamp, alternate reality stuff! Has everyone seen Joe's blog where he met the 'penguin' ladies and said Brad should give us confirmation? He sooo should *nods*
Old 08-27-2008, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I loved that part in the time loop episode, when he's looking at her after the day restarts and she's like what?

I'm actually surprised at how much they've pushed Sam/Jack in Season Four. I didn't figure it would get shippy til more towards the end but this season has had a little something in at least every episode, and I'm not talking subtle stuff either, stuff that hits it on the nail that they have feelings for one another and nobody can deny it.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

We still have not seen the Furlings yet, you all know...
Old 08-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
We still have not seen the Furlings yet, you all know...
But what about episode 200? (one of my all-time favorites). I love the look S/J exchange after Vala's wedding suggestion. It's given me a plot bunny for a fic I haven't gotten around to writing. (maybe I should just read one?)
Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Is this where we discuss the 'Continuum' movie?

I just saw it and liked it. It seemed like a long episode instead of a movie though. Do they plan to make any more SG1 movies?

Old 08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
Is this where we discuss the 'Continuum' movie?

I just saw it and liked it. It seemed like a long episode instead of a movie though. Do they plan to make any more SG1 movies?
Continuum rocked so hard.

Yes, there is a third movie in the works. It's rumored to start filming in January (according to something Christopher Judge said) and be released either in 2009 or 2010, but that's all rumor for now. I have some plot points under the spoiler cut:

Spoiler:

Further info can be found on GateWorld. It's the #1 site for Stargate info!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink & white cookies (View Post)
Too true!

And Citizen Joe? I loved it! Joe had a lot of the same reactions to the Stargate episodes I had when I first saw them. And his comments to O'Neill about Carter? Priceless!
I know...he was like "well I wont' say anything about your crush on...." and then Jack puts his fingers to his lips as they both stare at Sam while she walks in.

Speaking of...have you guys seen the video of Amanda coming onto stage while RDA was speaking at the con this weekend? I'm soo jealous of people who were there!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vball2003_1999 (View Post)
I know...he was like "well I wont' say anything about your crush on...." and then Jack puts his fingers to his lips as they both stare at Sam while she walks in.

Speaking of...have you guys seen the video of Amanda coming onto stage while RDA was speaking at the con this weekend? I'm soo jealous of people who were there!
ITA--it's as close to Jack confirmation as we've gotten--Stargate solutions wiki article on Jack says:
It is fair to say that the nature of his feelings for her were unclear after eight years working together, though it seemed obvious she still had romantic feelings toward him that interfered with her ability to have other long-term romantic relationships.

Personally, I don't think it's unclear--I just think it's unconfirmed. (Why did they have to cut that scene from Trio on Atlantis that acknowledges they have a relationship?)

Re video--Do you have the link? I've been looking everywhere for video of the Continuum panel. I wish I had been there too.

I'm thinking I'm going to watch Continuum tonight or tomorrow--I loved the arctic scenes--they were so cinematic. Makes me wish I had a really, really, really big screen.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait for the third movie. Hopefully the producers will stick to their world and we'll finally see some Jack/Sam action that will clear everything for us. I will seriously be pissed off if they cut the scenes where there's finally acknowledgement that there's a relationship between Sam and Jack.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay another fan!

Here's the link: AT and RDA!! It's not the best quality, but its still amazing that someone got it!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Passionate Fan

You know, at the risk of being lynch mobbed, I never liked the whole Jack/Sam thing. I've been connected with a lot of military families and I've even married into one and in a real military, this just wouldn't happen. They wouldn't have let it happen, not if it was real. And I think that's the main reason I choose to ignore it. I know it's just a TV show but they do it so well that this relationship just takes away from viewing experience. Again, I reiterate, that this is my own opinion..... please don't kill me .....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread