Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Couples Mods re-opened the Sam/Jack thread for us!

Quote:
I bought the box set a few months ago. It was a slight impulse buy which resulted in me not being able to buy anything for a while. Totally worth it. Went on a slightly complete marathon. (I generally gloss over or skip Teal'c centric episodes, they never really interested me.) It took a while. But I did it. Also listening to the commentaries just makes the process even longer.
Why so? Don't you like Teal'c?

Quote:
My friend and I, the only one as/more in love with SG-1 than me, are going on vacation later this summer and we were so hoping that Continuum was coming out before or during then so that we could watch it together. Alas, that's not to be. But we'll still geek out over it just like we did with Ark of Truth. I really hope this does well. I heard Ark of Truth did fairly well and if Continuum follows then hopefully there will be more SG-1 movies (with Jack please).
I was looking at some pictures from Continuum - I didn't realise that.

Spoiler:

Quote:
I never really got into Atlantis like I did with SG-1 so the Stargate universe kind of stops with SG-1 for me. I'll watch an episode every now and then but I just don't love the characters like I did with SG-1. I don't even like a few on there and I loved everyone on SG-1. Even Jonas and Mitchell. (Still would rather have Jack).
I like Atlantis, but from what I've seen so far, it isn't as good as Stargate SG-1.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Season 4 of Atlantis had a lot more of SG1 in it, since Sam went there. I like the episodes where they mix the two teams, although I know there are a lot of people who don't. Next season someone else will be there from SG1 for 2 episodes. I don't remember exactly why, but I know there's an article on gateworld about it.

ETA: okay I give up. I can't get the spoilers thing to work and I don't have time to figure it out. I can put it in later if anyone wants.
icon made by Odakota_Rose

Last edited by vball2003_1999; 06-04-2008 at 07:25 AM
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To do a spoiler tag you have to do [SP*] [*/SP] without the stars.

When you say SG1 who do you mean? I have only seen seasons 1-8 so I see them as Jack, Teal'c, Sam & Daniel. But I think it's changed now.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

It is a lot like BtvS/AtS. you need to watch the SG1 and SGA episodes in chronological order to make perfect sense. you remember when AtS started and both Buffy and Angel tv shows were linked at the umbilical cord.....the same applies here with SG1 and SGA.

I started watching BtvS and SG1 on the same night back in late 1997 when both shows first aired in Australia. I also remember that I still can not find that drawing I made of JM for you...

I am wondering this: why the sudden change into liking SG? or have you always been a closet fan?

Last edited by Camibra; 06-04-2008 at 08:11 AM
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've always been a fan If you look at the Stargate campaign you will see that I started it way back in 2003 I have also watched Stargate SG-1 since 1997 but before that I was a fan of the movie. I haven't had a chance to watch it for a while as it is a family event in our house to watch it - my brother and dad also like it and when my brother and I went off to University we didn't find many chances where we were all together to watch it. Now I'm finished with University and my brother also lives at home so we will have the time to catch up.

Then the other day 'Window of Opportunity' was on tv in England and we all watched it and I remember thinking to myself 'this is one of the best episodes of a tv show I have ever seen' and it has hooked be back in.

Yes, I think I may have to convince my bro & dad to buy the Atlantis box sets when we get up to that stage. We intend to start from Season 1 so it may take a while. Maybe I'll buy them as gifts for them that I can pinch for myself.

Quote:
I also remember that I still can not find that drawing I made of JM for you...
Aw don't worry I still have the other ones that you did!

Is anyone else also a fan of the movie?

They are both very similar to Buffy - they both started as a movie with different actors, had books written about them, had a fabulous and long running series and also both had a successful spin-off show. It's a shame that the Buffy-verse isn't going to continue on like Stargate does.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh okay, I was doing this . No wonder it didn't work. Yea SG1 changed after season 8, and there are some pretty strong feelings about it on both sides. Here's a lot of information about who is coming to Atlantis and major plot points for the midseason 2 parter.
credit to gateworld
Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
Why so? Don't you like Teal'c?
I like Teal'c but the episodes that were centered on him wasn't all that interesting to me. I think it might be because when they did a Teal'c centric episode it was like all Teal'c all the time and very little team.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I see I'm not very keen on the episodes with the Replicators myself, but I will watch them.

I made 10 Stargate icons today from the very first episode 'Children of The Gods'

vball2003_1999, can you explain to me... is Atlantis currently on it's 5th season then?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Atlantis is about to start its 5th season in July I think.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very cool!
Some more from my favorite episode 'Window of Opportunity'

Old 06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifierrocks (View Post)
Atlantis is about to start its 5th season in July I think.
from a press release: Stargate Atlantis's 20-episode fifth season begins July 11 at 10 p.m. EDT
Old 06-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh that's not too long! Is this the last season or do they intend to continue it?

Look what arrived today!

WOOT! I wanted to take a picture of me hugging it, but my parents took our camera on holiday so I just found that pic on google.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

ooh I'm so jealous!!! I think they're planning on a 6th season, but they haven't gotten a go yet from the higher ups.

I have to agree, episodes that completly center around Teal'c aren't really my favorite either. My favorite are Sam and Jack based episodes, especially if they're shippy!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nice shiny big dvd box set I've looked at it in the shops a few times and i'm curious as to what the different extras might be but i won't be getting it as i already have all 10 seasons. And i like Atlantis more

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 06-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the Jack/Sam episodes but I really love just the plain team ones. Like Upgrades. Heroes(even if it breaks me heart). And the funny ones like Urgo. I probably shouldn't get in the habit of naming the episode. It'll end up just having every episode in different favorite categories.

As much as I love the box set, I would check all the DVDs first. It might be because I got it from Amazon but I've heard complaints about DVDs being scrtached/dirty. So I checked mine and a couple were slightly dirty but I just cleaned it. It's not the sturdiest thing in the world,especially the slots the DVDs are placed in. but mine came in good condition.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread