Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fate3:
<STRONG>Whee, a SG1 thread!!

I loved the movie, totally adored James Spader's Daniel, and therefore was a little unsure about some new guy taking over the role in the show. needless to say, Michael Shanks totally won me over and satisfied me that my sweet Danny boy was in good hands!

And he's coming back, he's coming back, whoo-hoo!!

I can't wait. I couldn't watch it without him [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] There's just something about the chemistry between all 4 main players, and taking away one of them (especially my fave one) just diminished the show IMO. And as much as I have enjoyed Corin Nemec in other things, he just doesn't fit for me in SG1.

Anyway, tonight's episode was awesome, great writing by Chris Judge, and awesome acting from both him and Michael. They both totally looked like they were going to cry at the end [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] And who wants to bet Daniel was going back and forth between Teal'c and Bratac, trying to keep them going?? Just like he did with Jack, he was trying to keep them alive and interfere without really interfering so he wouldn't get in trouble with Oma and the others. But oh, he looked so sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I think he's a little lonely.

Anyway, nice to see everyone here! :waves:</STRONG>

Hi there Fate3 [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
I'm with you on Daniel being missed.. I started watching the reruns and I fell in love With Daniel.. then he is gone in the new eps. and I'm like WTH, I want him on the show.. grrrrrrrrrrrr LOL
now hes back.. wooooohooooooooooo [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

Suzanne
Old 03-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] .. I've finally found a thread were I can show my love for this show..I love this show, I used to get my sister to tapes the episodes for me, since I didn't have showtime.. but now I watch them on the Sci fi Channel..

I loved the original movie with James spader... and Michael shanks and Richard dean anderson do a wonderful job on the show...

jade [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Loyal Fan

yes, they do. I love watching the team interact. I'm having to hold off on getting my cable restored just yet but I get to see last season on Fox on Saturday and Sundays. I am impatiently waiting until I can get my cable back but I have missed alot so I'm going to be doing lots of catching up.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I am so hooked now... I got hooked on the reruns on SciFi.... I love Daniel...
I also Like Jack.. He is to funny.... he just makes me laugh.. got to love that in a man...LOL

Suzanne
Old 03-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Yep.. and gotta love when they are able to do it consistantly.. Not just everyonce in awhile. I can't wait to see the new eppys. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2003, 03:01 AM
Passionate Fan

I just love it all..

Suzanne
Old 03-17-2003, 05:06 AM
Loyal Fan

passing on a heads up from another list:

Sci Fi will show part 2 of the Dune miniseries Monday (3/17) night, instead of SG reruns. The reruns will resume next Monday (3/24), with the last two eps from S4, and the 2-hour series pilot (probably missing about 20 minutes of what Showtime originally ran). After that, Monday night reruns will continue with S1.

"Full Circle", the new ep on this Friday, will be the S6 finale. I think S7 starts in May.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Loyal Fan

*does the happy dance*

My cable will be turned back on Tuesday.. tomorrow.. Yayy!! [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Passionate Fan

New Season In May.. That doesn't sound to far off.. woohooooo [img]smilies/party.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

Suzanne
Old 03-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Daniel's back this Friday, Daniel's back this Friday, wheeeee!!!!

*tries to stop hyperventilating*

and my poor sweet baby boy will be angsting big time next season (not that the poor boy doesn't have a penchant for doing that anyways)! If anyone hasn't had a chance to read it, there's an awesome interview with Michael Shanks up on http://www.savedanieljackson.com with some spoilers in there too. The site also has massive spoilers for the first 5-6 episodes of the new season, for any spoiler hounds out there (like me) who want to read them.

I've been rewatching my old tapes, and even splurged and bought season 2 on DVD (got season 1 as a gift) and have been revelling in the Daniel love! Not to mention I just like the team interactions better in the earlier seasons. Those 4 fit so well together, all bring something very vital to the team. I hope they don't go back to splitting them up again like they had a penchant for doing in season 4. I like it better when the team is all on the same mission, working together.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fate3:
<STRONG>Daniel's back this Friday, Daniel's back this Friday, wheeeee!!!!

*tries to stop hyperventilating*

and my poor sweet baby boy will be angsting big time next season (not that the poor boy doesn't have a penchant for doing that anyways)! If anyone hasn't had a chance to read it, there's an awesome interview with Michael Shanks up on http://www.savedanieljackson.com with some spoilers in there too. The site also has massive spoilers for the first 5-6 episodes of the new season, for any spoiler hounds out there (like me) who want to read them.

I've been rewatching my old tapes, and even splurged and bought season 2 on DVD (got season 1 as a gift) and have been revelling in the Daniel love! Not to mention I just like the team interactions better in the earlier seasons. Those 4 fit so well together, all bring something very vital to the team. I hope they don't go back to splitting them up again like they had a penchant for doing in season 4. I like it better when the team is all on the same mission, working together.</STRONG>

I hear ya Fate3
I love Daniel and I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy hes here..woooohoooo [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

Suzanne
Old 03-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I just got my cable back on so I will get to see the new eppy this Friday... but I haven't seen the entire season yet where Daniel is not there. I've been watching reruns on Fox and they just aired not too long ago the one where Daniel goes undercover at a G'ould meeting and tries to save Sara but doesn't. Anyway, I think we're like a season or 2 behind the scifi channel. I will have to go look. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] yayy.. I get to see a new Stargate this week. [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Hav any of you watched Stargate: Infinity the cartoon? I've not had the time to see it yet and wondered if it was worth watching.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ladeia:
<STRONG>I just got my cable back on so I will get to see the new eppy this Friday... but I haven't seen the entire season yet where Daniel is not there. I've been watching reruns on Fox and they just aired not too long ago the one where Daniel goes undercover at a G'ould meeting and tries to save Sara but doesn't. Anyway, I think we're like a season or 2 behind the scifi channel. I will have to go look. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] yayy.. I get to see a new Stargate this week. [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I admit it, I barely watched any episodes last season. I tried watching a couple, but between the storyline not catching me, and my pain at no Daniel, they never caught my interest to stick around. "Firefly" was much more interesting.

I did, however, watch at least 4 full episodes of season 6 (not counting bits of a couple of others), and they definitely lacked something. 2 were the ones with Daniel ("Abyss" and "Changeling," not "Full Circle" cause it hasn't aired yet), which definitely didn't lack anything (and can I just say how much I loved Chris Judge for the way he wrote "Changeling?" I love that man for bringing in Daniel and showing how close those two characters are, and for making me feel connected to all of the other characters, even if they weren't in their traditional roles! Kudos to the man, kudos. Not to mention for his awesome acting [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ) and 2 were not. I admit it, it's not hard to tell from my posting, I am a huge Daniel fan, but I have also always been a huge fan of the "team." And it just felt like the "team" was lacking in the other couple of episodes I had seen, and they were missing a vital component. I felt that way before when they were doing episodes that split the team up in season 4 and season 5 (man, I hope they stop that), but at least you knew that the absent members weren't gone for good. This season you knew they were, so it was just depressing for me.

Ah, I'm done. Sorry for rambling. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I love Daniel in the two-part episode where he infiltrates the base, but I have to admit, I didn't like the splitting up of the team again. And I did find it annoyingly predictable that out of all of the Tok'ra and the Earth military that was on that base, only the three SG-1 members survived the attack. I was totally rolling my eyes at that, it was just so ridiculous! I could have bought it if some of the Tok'ra had made it through the Stargate or something (and maybe I missed it and they did, correct me if I'm wrong, I only watched the whole thing when it first aired, and then just FF to the Daniel parts), but to have no one but the SG-1 team survive was lame to me. Cast a whole shadow on their stuff for me, cause it was just too cartoonish. I was way bummed the young military guy and Lantesh died, cause I was really liking that combo. I love seeing Jacob, and it was fun seeing him and Daniel teamed up (I love how Jacob calls him "Danny" so much! Cute, almost paternal), even if it would have been nice if the whole team was on the mission. I didn't like how no one voiced any concern for Daniel on the mission, except for maybe Teal'c at the beginning. When Jack followed Jacob out in the hall and started talking to him, I totally thought he was going to say something about watching out for Daniel, or worry about him aloud, so I was disappointed there was nothing. I loved seeing the other Gou'alds!! That was so cool, especially as I am a huge fan of mythology in general, and was liking seeing who were the "Gods" and "Goddesses" out there. Some had very cool costumes too. That whole "biting into the Gou'alds" was blech, LOL!

Over all, I think I would give it about 2 stars out of 5. The Sam/Jack/Teal'c storyline could have been interesting, but ended up being so contrived, the Jacob/Daniel stuff and new Gou'alds stuff was very interesting, but as much as I loved it, I still missed not seeing the team together.

Whew...sorry, I'm long-winded tonight [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's okay. I think some of the Tokra had managed to get off world before the attacking started but it was more or less hinted at. I wish Lantash (sp?) had survived. That was just plain dumb killing him off like that. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I wondered why no one was concerned about Daniel either but maybe they had their concern for Daniel moments off screen. Eating the snakes was gross.. ick.. *shudders* But it was interesting to see the system lords in action.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread