Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolove
Caldwell outranks Shep but Shep is the lead military officer for Atlantis. Caldwell was gunning for his position not Weir's.
I know Weir insisted on keeping Shep in command on Atlantis, effectively preventing Caldwell from having that position. But I can't figure out what Caldwell lost, exactly. If Caldwell is da boss, to the point where he orders Shep to shoot to kill, what advantage would Caldwell have had in Shep's position? Or is it just the excitement of actually being in the city instead of on the ship? Is Shep only in command until Caldwell strolls in, or is Shep still in command of the planetside stuff even when Caldwell shows up? As usual, the military escapes me.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy W
I know Weir insisted on keeping Shep in command on Atlantis, effectively preventing Caldwell from having that position. But I can't figure out what Caldwell lost, exactly. If Caldwell is da boss, to the point where he orders Shep to shoot to kill, what advantage would Caldwell have had in Shep's position? Or is it just the excitement of actually being in the city instead of on the ship? Is Shep only in command until Caldwell strolls in, or is Shep still in command of the planetside stuff even when Caldwell shows up? As usual, the military escapes me.
We've been debating this over at the gateworld forum. I'm so addicted to that site. I think when it comes to SGC directives Caldwell can give orders to Shep, that and the sheer fact that he's a full colonel and Sheppard isn't. When it comes to anything strictly about Atlantis, I think Sheppard is in command. There's some people who think Caldwell was only giving "advice" or trying to pressure John into doing the right thing. None of this makes sense. If a senior military officer shows up, they're usually the one in charge unless they're visiting but Caldwell isn't. Intruder was supposed to explain the chain of command. Yeah, right.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not sure about this Ronan guy. Adding a new character to a show is always risky. I don't want it to seem like the other characters weren't good enough. I'll give him a shot - but I'm not holding out much hope.
On the plus side - Atlantis is still just as entertaining as the first season. SG1 has been dissapointing me - except for Vala.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

hi all...these aarent realy sci-fi, so im not putting them in the scifi avie thread but i thought the david/rodney fans might like them.

Its smaller file, larger file, 2nd version

Did you know David has completed 41 projects in just 18 years? and thats just acting credits!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Have you seen David in Cube? It's a disgusting and freaky movie. He was just crazy.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh Cube was a great movie. Better than the sequel anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolove
and once again Rodney screamed like a girl.
He soo did!

Old 08-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Alright some observations about Duet:

This episode was pretty much what I expected. It was good. Not "Window of Opportunity" good but it is what it is. I did laugh at times where I nearly damn cried. I can't help it. DH was brilliant. My favorite moments where when Rodney was screaming at Cadman and everyone thought he was insane. That was just classic. The look on everyone's face was priceless. I think it was a bit over the top toward the end where McKay and Cadman were both trying to take over his body. And whole duality moment in Heightmeyer's office was very LOTR. But I digress.

I think the most I enjoyed was the fact we're getting to see more the of the city and everyone's rooms. I don't know why but for some reason I keep on fixating that Cadman has a huge bed compared to Teyla, Rodney and probably John. It's either that or my eyes are playing tricks on me. Oh, well. It's not important.

Blooper alert. Weir is talking to Ronon she referred to John as a major rather then a colonel. Look's like the script supervisor or anyone else for that matter wasn't paying attention.

I'm starting to warm up to Ronon. He's alright but I still miss Ford.

And what the hell is up with tptb and Teyla's wardrobe?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

ah, coolove , you're soo harsh.

It was brilliant. I absolutley loved this episode. After the Squeee of leather pants, watching Rodney
  • Try to have a triple date with Carson and botantist lady
  • Wake up nekkid in someone else's bunk
  • Have Lt.Laura tell Carson about his "date"

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Botox
ah, coolove , you're soo harsh.

Sigh. You're right. I think I've been spending too much time at the gateworld forum.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Extreme Fan

for DH for the great work. I loved the conversation about Ronon between John and Elizabeth in the end And Zelenka freaking out in the beginning after the spark
The kiss! Carson and McKay were brilliant!

Old 08-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Carson was yummy-licious in this ep! DH Was very good as Lt. Cadman(sp?). The actress has a great voice & I really hope to see her back!!! Please.
Not enough Shep for me, but he was all over Weir so it's all good!
Old 08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon.fly1
Carson was yummy-licious in this ep! DH Was very good as Lt. Cadman(sp?). The actress has a great voice & I really hope to see her back!!! Please.
Not enough Shep for me, but he was all over Weir so it's all good!
Me too! I'm convinced they're going ShepWeir.

and I'm glad to know I"m not the only one who wants more Laura Cadman. She was absolutely fabulous!!

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Ugh. That's all I need is more Shep and Weir together.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:48 AM
Extreme Fan

stargatecaps.com

Aww but they work well together.

And Teyla and Ronon should train together more. I liked that scene

Old 08-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

and I'm glad to know I"m not the only one who wants more Laura Cadman. She was absolutely fabulous!!
I should be more clear on this. I literally want Shep all over Weir.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread