Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 04:46 AM
Banned

Old 08-11-2004, 05:30 AM
Addicted Fan

so if 7 symbols take you to another planet in the same galaxy, and 8 symbols takes you to another galaxy, then what about... 9 symbols???
Old 08-11-2004, 05:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise
so if 7 symbols take you to another planet in the same galaxy, and 8 symbols takes you to another galaxy, then what about... 9 symbols???
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think they've ever mentioned that on the show.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Would someone mind posting a brief summary of what Stargate Atlantis is about?

You get a gold star if you do
Old 08-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Basically, they find an address to a new place, different gate, different galaxy, but believed to be another outpost of the ancients. They find out that it's a sunken city, thus dubbed "Atlantis". They also find a new race, the race that made the ancients ascend, known as the Wraith, as well as other humans. How's that for summary?

Those fans of the actress that played Blade's counter in Blade II, she's coming to Atlantis. I'm not saying much more, other than go to www.gateworld.net for more information.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Basically, they find an address to a new place, different gate, different galaxy, but believed to be another outpost of the ancients. They find out that it's a sunken city, thus dubbed "Atlantis". They also find a new race, the race that made the ancients ascend, known as the Wraith, as well as other humans. How's that for summary?
That's great thanks!

Aren't Wraiths a type of ghost thing?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe
Aren't Wraiths a type of ghost thing?
Well, the wraiths can make you see things that aren't there so in essence they can make themselves appear ghost-like. They have amazing regenerative abilities which makes them difficult to kill or die of natural causes.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by coolove
Well, the wraiths can make you see things that aren't there so in essence they can make themselves appear ghost-like. They have amazing regenerative abilities which makes them difficult to kill or die of natural causes.
Oooooh Creepy... Are they good or bad?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Definately bad. They make the Go'auld look like child's play. The Wraiths were the first race the Ancients encountered that matched their own technology. They literally suck the life out of you. They feed off of the human/Ancient lifeforce. Ultimately, the Wraiths were responsibile for the Ancients ascending.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh yeah, the Wraith are way worse than the Goa'uld... but since they're both technologically based bad guys, the Replicators could kick both their asses. The Goa'uld still have that dramatic season one charm though, you can't replace it I liked the way Sheppard had no respect for the captured Wraith, kinda reminded me how Jack treated Ba'al.

Subject I love the avies!

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Banned

Sheppard reminds me of Daniel. In the fact that he is very strong about his convictions. When they first discovered the lost city, did they say that the Ancients put it under water to protect themselves? Or hide their location? I can't remember. If so does that mean the the wraith already know the location to Atlantis? Also I for one would like the Atlantis team to meet a race that was more technologically advanced. Unless the wraith are so bad that they have "enslaved" the entire galaxy.Did anyone ever meet the Ferlinx. Or something like that? The Asguard said that an alliance was held between, the Ancients, the Knox, the Asguard, and the Ferlinx. Since SG1 met the Knox, I think it would be great for Atlantis team to meet the Ferlinx. Unless they have already been explained or introduced.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Addicted Fan

since atlantis takes place in another galaxy, i guess we can't expect any guest starrings from anyone from sg-1 then huh?
Old 08-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Subject - The Ferlinx have yet to be introduced. It would be cool if they appear on Atlantis. And the city was submerged because the Wraith did attack. The Ancients shield's on the surface could not withstand the constant damage. My guess is that since the Wraith have been dormant for so long that they don't know the humans have taken over the ancient's base. That or the Wraith who knew where the base is died out or something.

JediBlastoise - There can be crossover's as long as there is enough ZPM's to go around.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Absolute Fan

It's the Furlings. They talked about them in The Fifth Race... then we never heard about them for ages, and fans got pissed, so the writers were mentioned them again in Paradise Lost. Love to see how they could fit them into Atlantis, I guess they have a Daniel-type person who knows about them. I'm not buying it if Weir turns out to be the linguist/historian of the show.

Dammit, somebody find a ZPM. I want a crossover. They'd have to find two though, wouldn't they? Assuming they want a return puddle jump.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 08-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*
It's the Furlings.
Close enough. And I can't think of any of the main cast as a Daniel-type. Most likely they'll have a minor character for that.