Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 05:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Sliders: What if you could travel to parallel worlds?

Hey everyone.

I've been watching Sliders reruns lately, and it's reminded me how much I loved this show back in the day. So, I thought I'd start up a thread where other fans of the show can come to talk about it.

Its great watching the reruns - brings back so many memories. I'm really enjoying seeing Wade again. I live in Australia, and TV1 is currently repeating season 3. There were so many great moments in that season! The death of Arturo, the introduction of Maggie, and the final appearance of Wade - good stuff!

Hopefully I'm not the only Sliders fan here. I hope to see other fans in here soon!

Rob.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Sliders: What if you could travel to parallel worlds?

Hey everyone.

I've been watching Sliders reruns lately, and it's reminded me how much I loved this show back in the day. So, I thought I'd start up a thread where other fans of the show can come to talk about it.

Its great watching the reruns - brings back so many memories. I'm really enjoying seeing Wade again. I live in Australia, and TV1 is currently repeating season 3. There were so many great moments in that season! The death of Arturo, the introduction of Maggie, and the final appearance of Wade - good stuff!

Hopefully I'm not the only Sliders fan here. I hope to see other fans in here soon!

Rob.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

I used to be a huge sliders fan, but I really started liking the later episodes, don't know why though. Like season 3-5.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

I used to be a huge sliders fan, but I really started liking the later episodes, don't know why though. Like season 3-5.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Subjectx117

Sliders was perhaps the first show that I ever intense about. It was the beginning point for my obsession with most sci-fi show. However when the show ended I was happy. To me it was lacking after Jerry left. It just didn't seem right to go on with Sliders without the character and actor who in all sense defined the show.

I was glad the Remmy was the one to take the final slide. He never did choose to be part of the sliders. He was forced into it and he above anyone else deserved to return home. If that is where he went.

So many great moments in this show. So many memories that go along with it. I remember when the Professor died. It was the first time a show made me cry. Then we found out that the Kromags took over their "home" and that Quin was not from that earth.

Then we went to the search for his borther. Which I loved the fact that the character was played by Jerry's real life brother. Perhaps one of the most painful memories was learning what happend to Wade. As if people couldn't have hated the Kromags already.

Sliders was without limits.

Old 07-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Subjectx117

Sliders was perhaps the first show that I ever intense about. It was the beginning point for my obsession with most sci-fi show. However when the show ended I was happy. To me it was lacking after Jerry left. It just didn't seem right to go on with Sliders without the character and actor who in all sense defined the show.

I was glad the Remmy was the one to take the final slide. He never did choose to be part of the sliders. He was forced into it and he above anyone else deserved to return home. If that is where he went.

So many great moments in this show. So many memories that go along with it. I remember when the Professor died. It was the first time a show made me cry. Then we found out that the Kromags took over their "home" and that Quin was not from that earth.

Then we went to the search for his borther. Which I loved the fact that the character was played by Jerry's real life brother. Perhaps one of the most painful memories was learning what happend to Wade. As if people couldn't have hated the Kromags already.

Sliders was without limits.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Wasn't she tuned into breeding stock somewhere on another planet?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Old 07-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Subjectx117

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar

Yeah she was. However I do recall an episode when Remmy found her and was trying to free her. In the end I think he let her die but I am not sure.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Subjectx117

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar

Yeah she was. However I do recall an episode when Remmy found her and was trying to free her. In the end I think he let her die but I am not sure.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:17 AM
Addicted Fan

i only liked the first 2 seasons. everything started going downhill ever since they killed off the professor and replaced him with some young girl hired for sex appeal, then wade left offscreen, then the o'connel brothers left and quinn was replaced by some useless character.
luckily, the first 2 seasons are coming out on dvd soon! the best of the series in one neat package! too bad it's one expensive package tho...
Old 07-27-2004, 03:17 AM
Addicted Fan

i only liked the first 2 seasons. everything started going downhill ever since they killed off the professor and replaced him with some young girl hired for sex appeal, then wade left offscreen, then the o'connel brothers left and quinn was replaced by some useless character.
luckily, the first 2 seasons are coming out on dvd soon! the best of the series in one neat package! too bad it's one expensive package tho...
Old 07-27-2004, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think I lost interest when O'Connell left. I didn't mind Kari Wuhrer, she was nice to look at, although it bugged me with Wade leaving.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:31 AM
Subjectx117

I thought Maggie was a great addition to Sliders. Of course she couldn't take place of Professor in the eyes of the fans. However, she did bring someone for Wade to relate to. I mean it must have been hard for Wade being the only female of the group until Maggie came along.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:31 AM
Subjectx117

I thought Maggie was a great addition to Sliders. Of course she couldn't take place of Professor in the eyes of the fans. However, she did bring someone for Wade to relate to. I mean it must have been hard for Wade being the only female of the group until Maggie came along.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread