Old 09-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Kryptonite

I need to start watching this soon

Campaign: Lord of the Rings . Ezra Miller . Jenna Coleman
sourburst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She wasn't always forced.
Besides she didn't want it. But she never ceased the opportunity to not do it, not going back.

And how often did that guy tell her, if she id this or that he'll let her go? He never did and she still believed him when he said it again.

Anyway, glad she did make the dicission to be responsible for her own life.

And as I said, she's okay now.
BoneLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

She did it for her freedom, she was probably naive in some ways in thinking he would actually let her go. She wanted to believe he would.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was just reading Terry Brooks's blog and looks like season 2 will air next summer.

Quote:
So writing this fall, filming this winter down under once more in New Zealand (Judine and I will go down to visit the set and the actors and crew), editing and special effects late spring and (what are the odds? don’t know yet.) airing of the Season next summer. But it takes as long as it takes, and you can never be sure about how things will go. All I can say are these immortal words: “Everything will turn out all right in the end. And if it doesn’t, it isn’t the end.”

Also.

Quote:
First up – and most recent – this piece of news. The second season of The Shannara Chronicles has been renewed (no, that’s not it, you already know this. Patience!) but more to the point our faithful show runners Al and Miles have opened the writers room to their posse and work has begun on the new plot and its episodes! Some of this has been ongoing, but now we are into a serious effort to make progress. Yours truly has conferenced with the TV writers and has a pretty good feel for where things are going.

A few clues to share. Last year’s survivors – Wil, Allanon, Eretria and Ander, for starters – will be back to carry on the story. A few others from last year just might reappear, as well. There will be a number of new characters, some of them familiar to you from reading the books. But those you know from the books will be changed to allow for time and age and such to make it feel authentic. The settings will be different. The story will be original but will harken to plotlines you all know.

Now that’s all I am going to say. You have to trust me when I tell you I am comfortable with what is being done – setting Season Two at the end of Elfstones and before the events of Wishsong. Once again, you might think you know where things are going. But you might be seriously wrong.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the news!

~icon by Nikole
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Season 2 news:
Shannara Chronicles Season 2 Casts Flash and Finding Carter Alums, Others

I like that the series isn't taking the "expected" or "easy" route and directly adapting any specific existing Shannara novels, but instead telling a largely original story that incorporates elements adapted from First King of Shannara, The Sword of Shannara, and Wishsong of Shannara.

President Olivia Marsdin: I suppose I owe you an explanation.
Cat Grant: At least tell me you're still a Democrat!
DigificWriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

In my understanding, it would be difficult to adapt the novels directly as they have huge time gaps?

~icon by Nikole
Old 02-02-2017, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

Yes, very big gaps, considering one book is about Wil and Eretria's children.
"A happy beginning now is ours."

- Emma Swan & Killian Jones
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

it's better this way then

~icon by Nikole
Old 08-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

We have a promo!

And an air date. October 11.
"A happy beginning now is ours."

- Emma Swan & Killian Jones
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

the second season seems more relatable for me

~icon by Nikole
Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Addicted Fan

I had the chance to watch the Season 2 premiere tonight, and have to say that the show is better than it was before.

By abandoning the format of adapting any one specific Shannara novel and instead forging its own story that borrows elements from across the breadth of the series, the writers and producers have given us something that can be enjoyed both on its own merits and as an expansion of the Shannara franchise and its mythos.

I was slightly confused as to the context of some of what was going on since I don't think I saw the Season 1 finale, but, thankfully, there wasn't anything in Druid that was specifically plot-related that was directly continued from the S1 finale, meaning that I was able to follow what was going on in spite of not totally understanding everything about why certain characters were where they were when this episode started.

Seeing Amberle reach out to Eretria psychically was neat, although I'm slightly unsure what Eretria thinks made said contact possible, or why she thinks Will and Amberle are together in Arborlon.

I wish we'd gotten more info about the history between Eretria and Cogline, and more about Lyria and how she and Eretria ended up as friends and lovers, but hopefully those details are coming.

Will going to Storlock was a nice continuity callback to Season 1 since that's what his plans for the future were before fate and Allanon dragged him into the conflict with the Dagda Mor and into contact with Amberle and Eretria. I was getting major flashbacks to Season 1 as well in regards to his interactions with that Elf girl who says she's Allanon's daughter ( I know what her name is, but since it wasn't said in the episode, I'm not using it right now), and it'll be interesting to see where their story goes.

I'm not entirely sure why or how Bandon ended up on the dark side or as a disciple of the Warlock Lord, but I like it anyway, and it'll be interesting to see how, or if, this storyline ends up intertwined with the subplot of this anti-magic "Crimson" group.

Like I said at the start of this post, I think Season 2 has started out better than Season 1, and I can't wait to see where we head next.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah, sometimes abandoning the books works out better on screen

~icon by Nikole
Old 10-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Addicted Fan

I just finished Episode 2, Wraith, and where Episode 1 was largely about setting up the characters and broader conflicts for the season, this one was about building characters and setting the board for where the season's narrative is headed and how Wil, Eretria, Allanon, etc. are going to fit into the progression of that narrative.

I'm not sure what Bandon's motivations for resurrecting the Warlock Lord actually are, but I do like that the writers are setting up that agenda as being in conflict with whatever The Crimson's ultimate goals are, since it would've been really easy to just combine the two antagonistic plotlines into one.

I liked getting to see a side of Wil and Flick's relationship that wasn't just "stern protector and rebellious teenager", and bringing back his history with the Warlock Lord is a nice callback that simultaneously gives Wil another personal stake in this conflict.

The "I'm a secret princess" thing has been done before, but by setting up Eretria and Lyria's relationship last episode without telegraphing anything about her past actually made it work better. I did like the subtle mirroring to the scenes between Wil and Eretria last season that the writers put into Eretria and Lyria's scenes, and I can already tell that her journey as we slide closer to another War of the Races is going to be fun to follow.

I liked the way we were introduced to Garet Jax, and can already tell that they're setting him up to be the "reluctant rogue" who ends up helping our hero characters almost by accident.

Somebody online last week postulated that Mareth's mother was Pyria, so it was neat to see that confirmed this week. I also liked that we got to see how extensive her magic is this week, and to find out that it's innate. I'm also interested to see if the writers bring in some more overt elements of the novel version of her character or if they stick with the more straightforward story of Allanon and Pyria actually being her parents.

I like Queen Tamlin, but agree with Lyria that there's something more to her actions than just forging an alliance with the Elves, and am going to keep "waiting for the other show to drop" in terms of what she really wants.

Wraith did a really great job of building on the foundation set by Druid while also focusing on developing the ways in which our major hero characters are going to interact with and play off one another and help progress the overall story for the season... and I can't wait til next week to see what happens next.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

~icon by Nikole
Reply   Post New Thread