Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Ok, so can I say how annoyed I am that there are people who bought like 10 tickets? It seems like some of these people end up selling the tickets on Ebay or inventing stupid contests to try and get people to win them. I really think they need to limit tickets to 2 per person. And I'm double annoyed at people who saw the first screening and bought tickets again for the second screening. Gee, greedy much?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
How long is it likely to be after the US release before you get the movie, have you had any indication?
God only knows. The film people here are usually pretty bad for this kind of thing. Anywhere between three months to a year, I'd say.

Oh well, I can hang around until then. Am terribly jealous of all you people who get to see advance screenings or, failing that, at least having the opportunity of possibly getting advance tickets.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Silversun-Just wanted to say I love the icon.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Thanks! It's part of a set of three as an answer to the recent Light It (River/Simon) LJ community challenge thing.

ETA: Actually, while I'm here, might as well just drop them off. Feel free to snag, no need to comment/credit.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
God only knows. The film people here are usually pretty bad for this kind of thing. Anywhere between three months to a year, I'd say.
You never know. We usually get films 3-6 months behind the US, but Joss & Chris have been working with Universal to get dates that are better for the fans, and we're getting it only a week late instead! I saw a list of release dates yesterday and now I can't remember where I found it, or if NZ is on it! I'll keep hunting!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the icons-they are just so pretty.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
You never know. We usually get films 3-6 months behind the US, but Joss & Chris have been working with Universal to get dates that are better for the fans, and we're getting it only a week late instead! I saw a list of release dates yesterday and now I can't remember where I found it, or if NZ is on it! I'll keep hunting!
Ooh, I wouldn't mind seeing that list.

Thanks Nab! That's very nice of you to say.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

I found the list! After much, much searching, it was in the place I'd never have thought of looking - Summer's official site (summerglau.co.uk). It doesn't have New Zealand on; does the Australian release have any effect on when you get it?

Quote:
USA – 30 September 2005
Netherlands – 06 October 2005
UK - 07 October 2005
Belgium – 02 November 2005
France – 02 November 2005
Norway – 04 November 2005
Australia – 10 November 2005
Brazil - 11 November 2005
Argentina – 17 November 2005
Czech Republic – 24 November 2005
Germany – 24 November 2005
Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

There's a fair chance that we'll get it on or close to the Australian date. Thanks for the list! I really appreciate it. Oh my god, now I'm really excited. Is it a fairly mainstream release in the US? I'm just trying to suss out whether it'll be a general release or more of an artsy/cult film type that will only get shown in selected places.

Made a new music video. Please note the pairing - I take no responsibility for squicking people.
Down in a Rabbit Hole, Simon/River, 8.09Mb, wmv, music by Bright Eyes.

Old 05-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
There's a fair chance that we'll get it on or close to the Australian date. Thanks for the list! I really appreciate it. Oh my god, now I'm really excited. Is it a fairly mainstream release in the US? I'm just trying to suss out whether it'll be a general release or more of an artsy/cult film type that will only get shown in selected places.
No problem I wanted to take a second look at the list and it was really doing my head in that I couldn't remember where I'd seen it! We're not sure what kind of a release it's going to get, yet, but from the way the preview screenings in the US have been going, I'd say it's pretty much a sure thing that there'll be a mainstream release.

The first batch sold out in seven hours, and at the con I was at, Chris Buchanan said that Universal had agreed to his and Joss's request that this happened, and Universal had said "Will we need to advertise?" And Joss and Chris had looked at each other like the Universal people were crazy. "Yeah. Sure." And Universal said "Well, we'll run ads anyway" and ended up running ads for the sold out screenings because they couldn't retract them.

Go Browncoats!
Old 05-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

You're from the UK right Rach? How lucky of you to get the film only one week after! *am jealous* I'm checking the local upcoming movie listings every day, which is a bit overzealous of me because there's still half a year to go; but hey - obsessed.

And my descent into madness/foray into conventional coupling ( ):
Hey Pretty - Simon/Kaylee, 7.13Mb, music by Poe.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, I'm in the UK. We were supposed to be getting it November 4th but they brought it forward ... I still don't think I can quite believe how good Universal are being to us - although it is partly so it doesn't have to compete with the worldwide release of Harry Potter!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Hey, doesn't matter what the motive is as long as you get the movie early.

I come bearing random goodies and tidbits.

The latest in 'Simon the man-whore' vid series:
Believe in What You See, Simon/Inara music video, 5.91Mb, music In the Waiting Line by Zero 7.

Simon shipper icons:
1. 2. 3. 4.
5. 6. 7.

You can see the full set at _the_firefly_. Caps from Can't Take the Sky.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Addicted Fan

those mal and simon ones just freak me out.

i hope when they put the movie posters for serenity that they do it like Sin City, like how they made individual posters for each character. That would be cool, dont you think?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise
those mal and simon ones just freak me out.
Clearly the reaction I was going for.

At the moment I'd just be thankful if they showed the damn movie here. But yeah - individual movie posters would be so awesome.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread