Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

Well, you can't please everyone, right? *shrug* Most of the responses seem to be overwhelmingly good though.

There was a request on _the_firefly_ LJ Community, to make a short and silly 'alternate opening credits' set to the theme song of Friends showing the crew in their funny & happy & stupid moments. So here's my contribution to that: Firefly Friends. Only about 50 seconds long, 2Mb, wmv format.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 05-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the icon groups, I adore those.

I'm downloading the trailer now and heading over to some spoiler sites because I'm already pretty spoiled. Going to read some reviews from those who saw the movie already.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
I've been growing increasingly nervous going into Firefly net communities because I'm so deathly afraid of getting spoiled. I already am more than I want to be; and even when people LJ-cut stuff and whatnot, the things they say & the emotive responses can be very daunting. And considering the film will inevitably screen in the US before it hits our shores... the chance of me actually getting into the theatre without knowing stuff seems very slim indeed.
All I can say is this: You DO NOT want to be spoiled for this movie. Can't stress that enough. If it means shutting off all contact with Firefly/Serenity websites until you get a chance to see it, IMO, it's totally worth it. I am so thankful that I was not even remotely spoiled for it...the OMG! moments are truly awesome, and if you have any idea, what-so-ever, of what's coming...

Well...as I said, I'd just avoid 'em at all costs. That's my honest $.02

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

I hate even reading people say that other people are pissed off at the movie. I don't want to go in with any thoughts about it. I might have to not visit any serenity related places either. Just seeing people excited over seeing it or their happy/sad/mad responses influence me. I want to be clean for it.

But then I might miss out on any news of the actors or the movie that isn't spoiler related. Ahh.. the choices I need to make.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

You can keep visiting here. We'll be good

Also, there's the Firefly thread here, don't forget
Old 05-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

You know I'm spoiled for the whole movie, but it just makes me want to see it more. I had a FF marathon with my DVDs this weekend.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
You can keep visiting here. We'll be good

Also, there's the Firefly thread here, don't forget
Ok, good about being good.

I know there is a Firefly thread but that one seems kind of dead now and it is more unlikely that new news will be posted there (meaning stuff that joss whedon posts online or if new previews surface online, etc.) I can't miss out on that kind of news!
Old 05-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Addicted Fan

looks like there's gonna be another round of screenings!
this is from the browncoats message board, from joss himself:

Quote:
CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT...

...is not in store! Good things are coming... to a theater (possibly) near you!

It's Joss, your roving reporter, with another ZOWIE! exclusive(!) hot off the presses! Browncoats Bring Boffo B.O.! Vegas Vibe Very Vivacious! You heard it first here, true believers...

Okay, first of all, being that guy is exhausting. So no more roving and on to the meat of the thing. I just saw the whole cast today (which is in itself a wonderful and rare thing) and we all compared notes on the screenings, the general feeling being: damn. As in, Big Damn. You guys were SO sweet. We all thought it was a grand time. More (or at least just as) importantly, the Uni Brass thought it worked out great too, so... wait for it... there's gonna be more.

You might have heard rumors, but I'm here to confirm. On thursday the 26th the studio is doing another round of hit-and-run screenings, and this time it's not ten cities -- it's twenty. It's another vote of confidence from the studio and another chance for us to say "thanks" to you guys for keeping this all rolling. And most importantly, another chance to run that videotape of me before the movie, looking so tragically sexy.

"Wait a minute! What cities!?!?! Hey, %#$@face, stop talking about how sexy you are (although you are confessedly quite the dish) and give us the info!" Well, I don't actually know. I think we'll be repeating in the cities we've hit and adding 10 new ones. I expect can'tstopthesignal will have the info some time tomorrow, and let the manager-threatening begin! (Or, you know, the ticket buying.) Hopefully one of those cities will be near you, and won't be one where the film breaks and has to start again (heh heh... professional showbusiness... ). I don't know if any of the peeps is gonna be able to come out this time, but if they can they will, and I know Jewel's going somewhere 'cause she was working last time.

That's it! Except to add that Summer and I were pretty overwhelmed last Thurs, and I got the impression everyone else was too. Of course everyone else didn't have to put up with Summer's constant whispering of "I SAVED this film, Hackboy!" or her "surefire" system of winning at craps that had me down six large come the dawn... That girl. Just trouble.

Enough with this post. You guys are beyond swell. Let the party continue.

-j.
let's hope there will be a los angeles or something!!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Oh, just wanted to say those vids are wonderful!

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to try my damn hardest to stop self from being spoiled, so here's a question: once the film goes public in the US, is this thread going to become spoilery? Would like to prepare self to desert ship if need be.

Thanks Nab! Glad you liked them.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Extreme Fan

The list of screenings are up on cantstopthesignal.com. Unfortunately, NY and LA are not on it.

Ok, I understand why that is, but still...:pouts:

Anyway, I'm glad that I'm mostly spoiled because there is no way I would have been able to watch the movie without being mentally prepared for the thing that happens that is pissing off a few Browncoats. Look, the movie is not for everyone even some hardcore Firefly fans. If people are expecting Firefly on screen, then they are in for a rude awakening. Serenity is much darker than the show and is probably what Joss wanted the show to be if it weren't for Fox. And I trust Joss even though I have not always agreed with his plotpoints.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Geez, all of the new screenings are already sold out??? The nearest one to me would probably be the Miami one. Or maybe Atlanta. Either way both are probably too far from Orlando for me to travel just to see an early screening.

I'm having the biggest urge to see what this thing that happens in the movie that is separating the fans. Though I am happy to hear the movie is much darker. I want to see what Joss originally planned for the feel of the show. Plus some of my most favorite Firefly episodes were the more dark ones.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlee
The list of screenings are up on cantstopthesignal.com. Unfortunately, NY and LA are not on it.

Ok, I understand why that is, but still...:pouts:

why???WHY??? WHY?!?!?! i dont understand...nor comprehend why LA or NYC arent one of them!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Addicted Fan

i can't believe i just found out about them, and now they're already sold out.
they're are some for sale up at ebay...but the prices are insane. there's a pair for the chicago screening (by me) asking $225 as a buy it now price.

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
Old 05-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
I'm going to try my damn hardest to stop self from being spoiled, so here's a question: once the film goes public in the US, is this thread going to become spoilery? Would like to prepare self to desert ship if need be.
That's a tough one. I'd say it would be up to the mods of this board to decide that, but I think its likely that it *will* become spoilery. We could agree between us not to reveal spoilers in the thread, but there's always a chance a new poster will stop by and spill all!

How long is it likely to be after the US release before you get the movie, have you had any indication?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread