Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Magical*~
I have no idea why that works. But it did work and it was perfectly safe for my computer. So hopefully that helps.
Thank you! You just saved a lot of nerves, and possible a keyboard that ends up guilty for everything.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Addicted Fan

ugh. check out this link here
http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/buzz

Serenity's trailer made number 2 on the list, but what peeves me is what they said about their thoughts of the trailer.

Quote:
2. Serenity 30-Sep-2005
The trailer proclaims Serenity to be a "unique vision of the future from the mind of Joss Whedon," which sounds awfully pretentious for a sci-fi movie about a band of misfits being chased by a savage race of cannibals.
ugh. that's not all it's about!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise
ugh. that's not all it's about!
Ugh! Did they watch the trailer? There was one Reaver for a second. I hope Serenity doesn't get labeled as some 'sci-fi zombie movie'

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Who knows what trailer they were watching. From what I remember of the trailer it mostly showed them on the run from a government like group and more specifically a bounty hunter type of guy. Like Nab said they only showed the Reaver once.

But in the end, it is good that people are talking about the trailer!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055
New thread! Thanks, Rach!

Here is a link to the first Serenity thread, do you mind putting it in the opening post? And maybe a link to the trailer as well?
Sorry, been away for the weekend but it's done now

I can't wait for you to see the movie!

I was at the Serenity con this past weekend and got to meet Nathan, Summer and Morena again, along with Ron, Jewel and Alan, Mark Sheppard (Badger) and Chris Buchanan. I'll post pics when I get them sorted (am posting from Uni at the moment, my mouse has gone caput at home and I can hardly do anything with the touchpad!). I had an awesome time and have many stories to tell!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I was at the Serenity con this past weekend and got to meet Nathan, Summer and Morena again, along with Ron, Jewel and Alan, Mark Sheppard (Badger) and Chris Buchanan. I'll post pics when I get them sorted (am posting from Uni at the moment, my mouse has gone caput at home and I can hardly do anything with the touchpad!). I had an awesome time and have many stories to tell!
OOOOOOOOH, can't wait for the stories!!!

Isn't Nathan a DREAM?!?!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

This should go on the Firefly thread, but I'm a shameless self-promoter and I think most Firefly fans are congregated here nowadays, so I'm just gonna sneak in and drop off a couple of music videos for the show.

Right-click & save target:

Our Mr. Reynolds - A character study of Mal: his personality, history, relationship with the crew, his women and his ship. 7.74Mb, wmv, music Pearly* by Radiohead. (I chose the song for the music only, the lyrics make no sense here. )

Comfort in the Breathing - River & Simon. 7.95Mb, wmv, music is Eriatarka by The Mars Volta.

Apologies for the slight OT-ness and blatant self-pimping.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055
Isn't Nathan a DREAM?!?!
He certainly is!! Its the second time I've met him (and I'll be meeting him again in November, wheee!) and the man gets funnier and funnier! Seeing him play off Alan Tudyk was fantastic - at the closing ceremony, Sean Harry (the con organiser) sort of re-introduces each guest so they can say their goodbyes, and when he introduced Alan, there was a massive cheer. He was so bashful, it was cute! He was standing there blushing, shaking his head and going "No, no!" trying to get us to shush. Then when we finally went quiet, he said two words and Nathan stood up and went "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" really loudly behind him, making everyone jump and burst out laughing again. Alan could hardly talk for laughing after that.

Then Sean was introducing Nathan and he was saying all this good stuff, "this next guest is a wonderful man, kind, generous" etc, and halfway through, Alan stood up and went "Thank you, Sean!" taking all the credit for himself. I haven't laughed so hard at a con before, I don't think. It's great how well they all get along - you could put those people on stage in any combination and it'd be hilarious! Nathan & Morena's talk was sweet, as was Morena & Jewel's, and Ron & Chris Buchanan's was hilarious 'cause Nathan came out to ask a question!

That's not even close to denting the trove of stories I have to tell about this weekend, I'll be back with more later (probably a reworked version of what I've posted in my LJ, when I've finished it). And the pictures, when I finally get them up! What I thought was the sweetest, though, and a testament to their relationships was that instead of spending all their free time in the green room, they would come out and sit on the floor by the green room door next to the audience at the front, and watch the other people giving their talks.

And Silversun - the comp I'm on won't play/download much of anything, so as soon as I get chance I'll check out the vids

Last edited by *~*Rach*~*; 05-04-2005 at 04:30 AM
Old 05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun

Our Mr. Reynolds - A character study of Mal: his personality, history, relationship with the crew, his women and his ship. 7.74Mb, wmv, music Pearly* by Radiohead. (I chose the song for the music only, the lyrics make no sense here. )
I really liked this one Nicky. Didn't have time to check out the other one.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Chris!

*~*Rach*~*, the con sounds so awesome! Everyone sounds so lovely.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

They are And I get to meet Adam in June and Sean Maher in November, I just need Gina to complete my collection!

Kat - I want a PM in my inbox the second you get online after the screening!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Kat - I want a PM in my inbox the second you get online after the screening!
Done & done.

I still feel quite wrecked...Mr Whedon did not disappoint...what a rollercoaster ride!!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

And I've replied

That wrecked feeling? Doesn't go away. Its been three months for me now, and I'm still all "WOW" and tingly thinking about it!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Another music video: Space Cadet: Mal/Simon, 7.61Mb, wmv, music by The Feelers.

I've been growing increasingly nervous going into Firefly net communities because I'm so deathly afraid of getting spoiled. I already am more than I want to be; and even when people LJ-cut stuff and whatnot, the things they say & the emotive responses can be very daunting. And considering the film will inevitably screen in the US before it hits our shores... the chance of me actually getting into the theatre without knowing stuff seems very slim indeed.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:51 AM
Addicted Fan

just dont go to the Browncoats site. there's some big spoiler revealings there in the "i saw serenity" board, and some other people are putting fake spoilers in the general discussion boards.
i heard lots of good thigns about the Serenity screening, but i also heard some browncoats, and i'll say a small portion, were pretty distraught and pissed at the movie and are now telling their friends not to go see it and boycott the movie. the majority, however, loved the movie.

to those who were disappointed. what can i say, it's Joss Whedon man.