Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bheryandcherry
hey guys look at my very cool avi that "magaical" made yay!! mal & Inara

which led me to think who do u guys ship?
NICE AVI!

I'm a 'traditionalist' on the Ff ships, I guess. Mal/Inara, Simon/Kaylee, Wash/Zoe.

I've heard of some Jayne/River fans, but that doesn't much appeal to me. I love both of those characters individually, but I don't think they'd need to be a 'couple' to keep it interesting. They're both very deep characters on their own...River for obvious reasons; Jayne, maybe not so much.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Jayne is one of my most favorite characters. I don't know why. I just enjoy him and the things he says.

I think I am a traditionalist too. I loved the potential for Mal/Inara and Zoe/Wash were great together. I could have gone along with Simon and Kaylee. We just didn't have enough time to see it all develop. I hope the movie expands and maybe finalizes some of the relationships.

Though I didn't watch this show week to week because of the romantic relationships or potential for them. I just loved the over all relationship of the group and what went on each episode. The cast is just a big ensemble and I love it like I loved Angel where each character was great on their own and didn't need a storyline of romance to make the show better. Though I did enjoy the moments/hints of potential romance.

I don't see Jayne/River either. I don't really see Jayne with any one person. ANd I think River's mind is just too fragile to ever be in that postion right now. It will take a long time for her to deal with the world.. if she ever can.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~
I don't see Jayne/River either. I don't really see Jayne with any one person. ANd I think River's mind is just too fragile to ever be in that postion right now. It will take a long time for her to deal with the world.. if she ever can.
I agree. I do see some folks' argument for the 'ship, expecially after Objects In Space. When River has Jayne's gun in the beginning, Mal tells him "well, somehow she got her hands on your hardware." Then later, Early asks Simon if River could be in someone else's bunk, "does she sleep with anyone?", Simon answers emphatically "No!" and Early smirks & says "Maybe she does and you just don't know it."

Possible that's hinting at Jayne/River...guess it could go either way.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I agree with Magical, I can't see Jayne settling down with one person. I'm not sure that he's the type that will ever get into a long term relationship. He's pretty independent.

I would have loved to see something develop between Kaylee and Simon.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I'm with you guys-a traditionalist with the ships for this show. Mal/Inara, Zoe/Wash, and Kaylee/Simon. I won't lie, I've enjoyed some River/Jayne aka Rayne fic now and again, but they would never have coupled. First there was the age thing, River was 17 and Jayne had to have been in his mid-thirties. Secondly, Simon would have killed Jayne if he ever tried anything. Though, I could maybe have seen an interesting friendship develop between River and Jayne, being that they would have been the only single (minus Book) people on the ship.

On another note: I just cannot download that darn Serenity trailer! Kat has been trying to help, but it just isn't working.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab

On another note: I just cannot download that darn Serenity trailer! Kat has been trying to help, but it just isn't working.
I can send it to you over AIM. Or have you tried that already?
Old 09-16-2004, 03:28 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I can send it to you over AIM. Or have you tried that already?
That's sweet of you, but I just found a site and downloaded it through another program. It was just 55 seconds and not the best looking thing and it was super fast, so there were some scenes that I couldn't even tell who was it them, but- wow. Is it in theathers yet? I'm just so darn giddy now.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad you got to see the "unofficial" trailer. I'm pretty sure a real one isn't in theaters yet. I can't wait for the official trailer to be released. Or even just a teaser! I couldn't really tell what was going on in that trailer that they showed from the convention. It was hard for me to hear it and the clips went by really fast.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm glad you got to see the "unofficial" trailer. I'm pretty sure a real one isn't in theaters yet. I can't wait for the official trailer to be released. Or even just a teaser! I couldn't really tell what was going on in that trailer that they showed from the convention. It was hard for me to hear it and the clips went by really fast.
yeah it was a little bad quality. but still i loved it. especially with river in the end all "reavers" ohh creepy

i wanna see how they tie up all the story lines form the show so the audience knows whats going on. and they do it fast cuz i know whats going on. lol

bhery
Old 09-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

I was a really big fan of Mal/Inara. They reminded me alot of Cordy/Angel from AtS whom I also adore. I was also a fan of Simon/Kaylee. I am hoping that we see kissage from at least one of these couples.

I could get into UC pairings a little, but mostly male/male stuff.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab
That's sweet of you, but I just found a site and downloaded it through another program. It was just 55 seconds and not the best looking thing and it was super fast, so there were some scenes that I couldn't even tell who was it them, but- wow. Is it in theathers yet? I'm just so darn giddy now.
Oh YAY, glad you got to see it!!

If you go frame by frame in Windows Media Player you can make some stuff out...the Reaver, etc.

Oh, and I LOVE Mal's opening line. "Bended knees & heads bowed down!!", so authoritative...YES, CAP'N!!

Old 09-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

New blog from Joss, Sept 17!!

Our fearless leader speaks!!! No spoilers, of course....it's JOSS, what do you expect?

http://www.serenitymovie.com/blog/index.php

Quote:

September 17, 2004 - Greetings from Joss

Well, sports fans, it's official. The movie is shot. Done. And I couldn't be happier to be through with it. No more of that exciting, vibrant set, that warm camaraderie, that creative stimulus, free donuts... Excuse me. I have something in my eye... free donuts...

Oh, there's things I'll miss. But there's definitely things I WON'T miss.
In no particular order:

1) Fillion. People who are prettier than me are not supposed to be funnier than me. I think it's a guild thing. And that whole 'gracious and professional' thing got old on day ONE, you know what I mean?

2) Cinematographer Jack Green. This guy lights stuff ALL THE TIME. Seriously, like eighty-three percent of the shots had light in them. He totally didn't get my "Just Like Radio" concept for the film.

3) The incessant meddling of the studio: where was it? We waited and waited, what, are they all too busy and important to take the time to ruin my little film? This is Hollywood, people. Learn our ways and customs while you're here. Sheesh.

Just a taste of the Hell I've been through. And being surrounded by beautiful women, and, let's face it, beautiful men, all of whom get along, work hard and play their characters with such ease and nuance it's clear they were born for the roles -- who needs that?

But no matter how much I suffer for my art, it's worth it. 'Cause come April 22nd I think we'll be bringing you an exciting film that's a powerful statement about the right to be free. Which is not as cool as my original statement about the right to tasty garlic mussels in a cilantro broth, but the freedom thing's okay too. The editing started this week, and after just a first cut I can safely say this will be the greatest film since whatever film comes out right before it. And I'm not backing down from that.

Thanks for your support. And I mean that more literally than people usually do -- Coming back from the Chicago Con and telling people there was a Serenity booth put up and run entirely by fans... you should have seen their faces. Hell, you should have seen mine. But not too close. And not before, like, 10:00 -- maybe 11:00 a.m. And maybe sort of from the side. The back-ish part of the side. You should have seen my hair.

Be well. Good things are coming.

Cilantro!

-joss.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Aww, yay! How exciting? And its good to hear the studio didn't mess with the movie too much.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Addicted Fan

AWWW JOSS IS THE MAN!

hes soo funny, i love his sarcasim. and im so happy the studio didnt mess with the movie, wow its really done. were that much closer!

Bhery

edditd to add : http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&id=1808596906&cf=prev

yahoo has a preview page for the movie! yay

Bhery
Old 09-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bheryandcherry
AWWW JOSS IS THE MAN!

hes soo funny, i love his sarcasim. and im so happy the studio didnt mess with the movie, wow its really done. were that much closer!
I know, that's VERY good news. Not that Joss genious would ever need to be tampered with...but you never can tell with those "studio types".

This bit is rather intriguing:
2) Cinematographer Jack Green. This guy lights stuff ALL THE TIME. Seriously, like eighty-three percent of the shots had light in them. He totally didn't get my "Just Like Radio" concept for the film.

Hmmmm...so that leaves 17% in the dark. I'm thinking 2% for a few blackness-of-space shots (just for atmosphere), then hopefully, the remaining 15% is Mal & Inara, FINALLY, 'in the dark'.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread