Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Serenity Appreciation #1: The movie (aka "Firefly")

View the SERENITY TRAILER here!!

Coming September 30, 2005

Serenity flies again!

Thought she deserved her own thread, since this will be independent of the series!

The movie hits theatres September 30, 2005, and the good folks at Universal have opened the Official Serenity Movie Site!

Be warned, this thread may contain various SPOILERS, as the movie gets closer & closer!

Edited 10/1/04: Kiba has her 'consolidated blog' site updated with the latest news/postings: http://firefly-support.com/blog

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.

Last edited by IceKat055; 04-26-2005 at 04:54 PM
Old 06-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Thanks for starting this thread. I can't wait for the movie.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

God, I love this show.

Nadia
Old 06-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Rosie, a girl that posts over on the OB, was lucky enough to be an extra on the set for 2 days - - her amazing report is here (No Spoilers):
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/disp...y&msg=16066.54

Old 06-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by IceKat055
Rosie, a girl that posts over on the OB, was lucky enough to be an extra on the set for 2 days - - her amazing report is here (No Spoilers):
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/disp...y&msg=16066.54
Thanks for posting this. It seems like everyone is just super and that's always great when doing a movie.

Old 06-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the links IceKat.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I just thought I'd bring this mini article - posted by Timeo - over from the Firefly Thread:

By Devin Faraci
Contributing Sources: Variety

Joss Whedon is stocking his Firefly spin off film, Serenity, with big name actors. Actors like Chiwetel Ejiofor. Well, it is a big name, if not a well known one.

Ejiofor is the first actor to be cast who isn’t a holdover from the original TV cast. He’ll be playing The Operative, a mysterious and well spoken assassin, who I assume is not to be confused with a character who appeared in the last episode of the Fox series who was exactly like that.

Serenity is a weird proposition for Universal. It’s based on a TV show no one saw and that within 14 episodes managed to already accumulate a fairly complicated backstory. And it has something on the order of nine main characters, and it’s a western with spaceships. While the film is budgeted very modestly, it doesn’t seem like an obvious slam dunk. It’ll be interesting to see what Whedon does with this, especially now that he has no TV shows to run, and can give the movie his full attention.

---------------------------------------

It'll be interesting to see what this Operative character is like. In the interest of trying to generate conversation, do you think, like Early, he's after River? Or could he be after someone else?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by earthling
The Operative, a mysterious and well spoken assassin, who I assume is not to be confused with a character who appeared in the last episode of the Fox series who was exactly like that.
This Devin Faraci sounds like he/she didn't much pay attention to the show...Early was a bounty hunter, was he not? Not to be confused, nor not quite exactly like an assassin?

Old 07-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

http://firefly-support.com/blog

Wanted to include this link - - Kiba, who runs the firefly-support/JossIsAHottie sites has created a sort of unofficial "official" Serenity movie blog site....it includes set reports from Adam, Nathan and Jewel, as well as stories from some of the Browncoats who were lucky enough to be chosen as extras on the set. Enjoy!

Old 07-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have been telling my brothers about the show forever , they never got into it on TV ( they couldn't follow when it was on ) . When I told the Joss planned to make a movie they were highly intereseted . I loaned them my DVD's and they are hooked ( after only seeing the two part pilot so far ) I hope that when Serenity opens it opens big and Fox realizes what a mistake they made in not having faith in the show .

If we all share our DVD's with the people who never saw the show they will see Joss's genius and the opening weekend will be a mad house . Lets do our bestt to get the word out and make Serenity open in the top five if not #1
Old 07-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Oh, I didn't realize that there was a thread devoted to the movie. I'll have to remember to check out the links sometime.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by IceKat055
This Devin Faraci sounds like he/she didn't much pay attention to the show...Early was a bounty hunter, was he not? Not to be confused, nor not quite exactly like an assassin?
Early was a bounty hunter, I remember because he told Simon that River was one of the smallest bounties he's ever had.

Old 07-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

The official site Serenity has updated it's Blog Section with photos of the set courtesy of Adam Baldwin. Gorgeous photos. The blog consist of mostly production information and jokes here and there, nothing all that spoilery or that we don't already know.

Nadia
Old 07-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nautica7mk
The official site Serenity has updated it's Blog Section with photos of the set courtesy of Adam Baldwin. Gorgeous photos.
They for some reason took away the hi-larious shot of Nathan (with his insane/goofy face) and Gina, though...anyone who'd like to see it can go here: http://www.fireflyfans.net/sunroomitem.asp?i=1456

Old 07-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I've seen thouse pictures. There is even one of Wash (AT) and a very haunting one of River (SG).

Closed Thread   Post New Thread