Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

SciFi Channel lobbies government for UFO probe

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030622/ap_on_en_tv/ap_on_tv_ufo _probe_1

This is funny. It's too bad they don't focus more on getting better programming and stop wasting time and money on stupid shows and ventures.

[ 06-23-2003: Message edited enigma777 ]
enigma777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Master Fan

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030622/ap_on_en_tv/ap_on_tv_ufo _probe_1

This is funny. It's too bad they don't focus more on getting better programming and stop wasting time and money on stupid shows and ventures.

Master Fan

Master Fan

Old 06-23-2003, 12:33 PM
jjt
Master Fan

I hear ya ... if they spent the money they use for all these B movies they churn out .. and buy rights to classic sci fi / fantasy series. Then air them regular .. we'd watch .. we'd obsess .. we'd support the channel. As is .. though .. it's less sci fi now than many other cable stations.
jjt is offline   Reply With Quote
jjt
Master Fan

I hear ya ... if they spent the money they use for all these B movies they churn out .. and buy rights to classic sci fi / fantasy series. Then air them regular .. we'd watch .. we'd obsess .. we'd support the channel. As is .. though .. it's less sci fi now than many other cable stations.
jjt
Master Fan

jjt
Master Fan

jjt
Master Fan

jjt
Master Fan

jjt
Master Fan

jjt
Master Fan

Old 06-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jjt:
<STRONG>I hear ya ... if they spent the money they use for all these B movies they churn out .. and buy rights to classic sci fi / fantasy series. Then air them regular .. we'd watch .. we'd obsess .. we'd support the channel.</STRONG>
Then you would have Canada's Space network [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Whenever I hear people complain about Sci-Fi, I thank the sci-fi gods for Space. I love Space. Can't say enough good things about them ... from their website and discussion forums, to their science and sci-fi news clips, to their complete lack of censorship, to their wide range of old and new sci-fi and fantasy programming. Even when they play endless Star Trek reruns or bad sci-fi B-movies (including "Flesh Gordon" or "Zardoz" for the zillionth time), I still love them. If I could only have one station on my TV, it would be Space.

On the flipside, I haven't liked Sci-Fi since the minute I first heard about them, which was 'round about the time they picked up Lexx. I was very involved with Lexx fandom at the time, and though Sci-Fi seemed like saviours at the time for buying the show when noone else in the US would, it quickly turned sour when they started screwing around with the show. They seem to have an utter lack of respect, both for the programs they air, and the viewers who watch them. And since the Farscape fiasco, I actively hate Sci-Fi. Funny, considering I've never even watched the network before.

Uh, back to the topic ... I think no matter how seriously you treat the subject and how much legitimacy you try to pile on a show about UFOs, it's still going to come off looking like that "Ancient Mysteries" TV series Leonard Nimoy used to host - the one where they tried to prove the existence of Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster.

[ 06-23-2003: Message edited Raonaild ]
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>

Uh, back to the topic ... I think no matter how seriously you treat the subject and how much legitimacy you try to pile on a show about UFOs, it's still going to come off looking like that "Ancient Mysteries" TV series Leonard Nimoy used to host - the one where they tried to prove the existence of Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster.
</STRONG>
I so want to move to Canada for about a million reasons, and Space is up there near the top of the list.

Oh, you mean In Search Of, right? SciFi just did a remake of it recently. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] All of these reality dren shows seem like an act of desperation on SciFi's part, but maybe if they had kept all of their original series (especially their number two show!) they wouldn't need to scrape the bottom of the barrel now. Every time I see commercials for their new SciFi Friday line-up during Babylon 5, I want to cry!
Old 06-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>

</STRONG>
I so want to move to Canada for about a million reasons, and Space is up there near the top of the list.

Oh, you mean In Search Of, right? SciFi just did a remake of it recently. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] All of these reality dren shows seem like an act of desperation on SciFi's part, but maybe if they had kept all of their original series (especially their number two show!) they wouldn't need to scrape the bottom of the barrel now. Every time I see commercials for their new SciFi Friday line-up during Babylon 5, I want to cry!