Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

My SO and I plan to do the same thing when we have children. I became an instant SF fan when my dad took me to see Star Wars at the age of three, then the original Battlestar Galactica was on TV not too long after that. I also watched V, Greatest American Hero, the original Doctor Who, and the original Star Trek. And I watched a lot of anime like Battle of the Planets and Voltron.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoobygang
Greatest American Heroe(awesome theme song!)
Great, now I'll be singing that song in my head all damn day! I still remember all the words ...

I was also interested in SF from an early age, the only other people in my family who came close were my dad who was a TOS Star Trek fan, and my uncle who introduced me to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. My uncle still reminds me of the times I stayed with him when I was little, and unlike other normal children who'd watch cartoons and stuff, I preferred that he read me Star Trek novels.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:40 AM
Elite Fan

"Believe it or not, i'm walking on air I never thought I could fell so freeeee, flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it beeeeee, believe it or not it's just meeeeee."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soz
My SO and I plan to do the same thing when we have children. I became an instant SF fan when my dad took me to see Star Wars at the age of three, then the original Battlestar Galactica was on TV not too long after that. I also watched V, Greatest American Hero, the original Doctor Who, and the original Star Trek. And I watched a lot of anime like Battle of the Planets and Voltron.
I watched exactly the same things back in the day, I have yet to see an Automan dvd box set, or Airwolf dvd box set, Voltron has many box sets, new and old versions.

Last edited by Camibra; 06-23-2006 at 02:30 AM
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

I always thought being a geek made you use your imagination, and let you learn faster....guess it's just me.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

What was that Jerry? What do you mean?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

I always thought that since I was a geek, I exercised my imagination, and expanded my boundries more than others, which allowed me to grasp theories and concepts faster....
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

A concur. But it can be bad sometimes because you can see what will mostly happen in a story...after only seeing the beginning of the episode/movie.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Sames me time on reading and $$ at the movie theatre. I can just watch the trailer
Reply   Post New Thread