Originally Posted by Andie (View Post)
Me wants.... Thanks for sharing, Dan
I second this
Old 11-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
I second this

It's just too expensive for me at this point.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

I want it too, but I need S3 and 4 first.

This week - the complete Heroes box-set:

Quote:
Heroes: The Complete Series (2010)
The entire series is now available on a 24-disc DVD set. Features: Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut With Audio Commentary by Show Creator Tim Kring; Audio Commentaries with Cast & Crew; Making of featurettes; The Special Effects; The Stunts; Profile of Artist Tim Sale; The Score; Heroes Season 2 "A New Beginning"; Takezo Kensei: Sword Saint; The Drucker Files; Genetics of a Scene; Generations Alternate Ending; Inside The Alternate Ending of Generations; Untold Stories; The Super Power of Heroes; Completing the Scene; The Prop Box; Pinehearst Commercial; Alternate Stories; The Writers' Forum; Deleted/Extended Scenes; Deconstructing Sylar; Milo Speaks; Heroes Revolution.

Doesn't look very pretty IMO, and at about $100 it's a bit expensive, but there you go.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess you are right considering the fact that it's only four seasons.

Thanks for the heads up, Dan
Old 02-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

I know it's not a TV-show, but Glenn the Flying Robot is out on DVD/BR this week. Don't tell me you're not intrigued.

Quote:
Glenn the Flying Robot (2010). Synopsis: Henry (Dominic Gould) and Jack (Billy Boyd) are rival concert pianists who battle for the affection of beautiful Lana (Smadi Wolfman). Jack's career ends after he injures his hand, but when he learns that his domestic robot, GLENN, can play piano, Jack sees an opportunity to get even with Henry. GLENN, however, is programmed to be capable of expressing emotions, and has quietly devised its own dangerous machinations in this sci-fi drama. Director: Marc Goldstein. Stars: Billy Boyd (Jack), Dominic Gould (Henry), Patrick Bauchau (Richard), Gerard Depardieu (TV reporter). Live Video.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Dan
Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

This week saw the release of the complete series of The Cape and the first part of Season 4 of Eureka:

Quote:
The Cape: The Complete Series (2011)
I seriously thought there was a good chance we'd never see this out on DVD—whenever a show is canceled with extreme prejudice, like The Cape was (not only was the episode order slashed, but the last episode even of the truncated order was never even aired), you're always surprised that evidence of its existence wasn't Bolsheviked out all extant records. That said, this is as basic a DVD as it gets, with just the 10 episodes on two discs, no special anything, and no Blu-Ray version. All this mistreatment is just too bad: this show had potential.

Eureka: Season 4.0 (2010)
This 2-disc set contains all 10 episodes of the first half of Eureka's season 4, which corresponds to the Founder's Day/Trevor Grant storyline. Features: "In the Beginning: Camp Eureka 1947" featurette; extended version of "Founder's Day" episode with commentary led by co-creator/writer/executive producer Jaime Paglia with director Matt Hastings and executive producer Bruce Miller; gag reel.

Source.
Never watched The Cape while it was running - anyone know if it's worth getting?
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

This week on dvd/br:
Quote:
Doctor Who: Series Six, Part One (2011)
That was fast. Season 6 is only half over, but the part that's been aired already--featuring the stirring stories involving the Flesh (two Doctors! two Amys! And ... revelations about River Song!), the Silence, and the Neil Gaiman story "The Doctor's Wife"--comes out on home video this week. Features: Monster files - Get under the skin and inside the minds of the new Doctor's most challenging opponents; "The Silence and Gangers"; 5.1 Surround Sound.

Torchwood: The Complete Original UK Series (2006)
Normally when a new turn in a franchise attracts attention, the previous installments are put out on video a couple of weeks before, to bring people who aren't familiar with the backstory up to speed prior to broadcast. But in this case, the BBC has figured that people would watch the new Starz version and want to know more, so they've positioned the box set of the first three UK-based seasons to come out to ride the crest of interest in the new material. Well worth having even if you've already got some of the component materials, and a striking experience to watch in a few sittings as the program rapidly evolves. Features: Torchwood Declassified; Outtakes; Deleted Scenes; Commentary (including all episodes of season 1); Ten Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes.

Tekken (2010)
The live-action adaptation of the famous fighting video game, starring martial artist and stunt man John Foo, panned by critics, ignored by audiences, and scorned by game creator Katsuhiro Harada. The story: In a post-apocalyptic 2039, Jin Kazama witnesses the death of his mother Jun by Tekken in the slums known as Anvil. After finding a Tekken ID he decides to seek out vengeance for his mother's death. Directed by Dwight Little. Features: Stunt Stars Featurette.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the update Dan
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome.
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread