Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, the Tremors worm-things ate people, buildings, dogs, anything really when they exploded out of the ground. I think they started flying in the third movie. Not exactly the movie franchise I'd choose to turn in to a TV series.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mogley:
<STRONG>Not exactly the movie franchise I'd choose to turn in to a TV series.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]! I always thought it was too...silly. But that's just me. Hehe.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

There were THREE? Until today I only thought they made the one, lol

I wonder how much mileage a series could make from just having the one bad-thing to worry about. A few episodes, a few people get eaten and *yawn*
Old 01-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Addicted Fan

The first one had Kevin Bacon, so it fell in to the "amusingly watchable" category. Tremors without Kevin Bacon = a movie about over-sized fishing bait. Which I suppose could be amusing, but add in SciFi channel politics at the moment and I want to curl up in a little ball and cry.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, only the most clinically insane of networks would even dream of cancelling Farscape, so there's evidence #1!

Hang on.. they cancelled Farscape, but are making Tremors??

Um....

I forsee a one-season Tremors, then cancellation.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Eh, who knows. Tremors is an in-house production (Farscape isn't) and will by much more episodic (where Farscape isn't), so it seems to be right up SciFi's alley. TMT posted the link to this Bonnie Hammer article in the Farscape thread, and while it's specifically about Farscape's cancellation I think it also says interesting things about the SciFi channel's vision for the future of sci-fi, at least the portion of that future they'll play a role in.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

From Dangerous Universe

Quote:

Television Pilots 2003-2004

FOX
"NYPD 2069": A futuristic cop show. From Stephen Bochco.

CBS
"Century City": A legal drama set 50 years in the future that will speculate on how the legal system will change by then.

SCI-FI
"Brother Voodoo": Will focus on psychologist Jericho Drumm, who returns to New Orleans after the death of his brother and learns that he is destined to become a voodoo priest. In addition to discovering his talents in the black arts and the responsibilities they carry, Drumm must reconcile the magic and science in his life.

"1,000 Days": Based on the comic book "Strikeforce: Morituri." Set in the not-so-distant future where a group of soldiers are given enhanced abilities in order to fight the contemporary evils of the world. The gift has a price though: each new recruit will die 1,000 days after they join the special force.
And no-one of them are gripping me so far [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 07:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Dont worry Lou, they'll only get one season each then be cancelled. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh god yeah... HOW does that continue? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Mind you that blonde lady out of it was very very very very friendly when I met her so I feel bad dissing it too much.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

BBC Cult News

UK Viewers:-
Quote:
Series two of The Dead Zone and Witchblade premiere on Sci Fi channel

Mark the 10th February in your calendar, for that's the day when two top cult shows return to our screens.

Both season two of Witchblade and The Dead Zone are returning to Sci Fi, making Mondays on the channel must-see TV.

Following it's Christmas break, season two of Witchblade continues with NYPD cop Sara Pezzini back on the case, aided by a mysterious supernatural weapon.

This time out she faces rogue police, the Black Dragons special forces unit, a killer known as 'V', Witchblade itself, and Roger Daltrey.

Tune in on 2nd and 9th February for the first two episodes of season two.

Meanwhile, The Dead Zone, based on the novel by Stephen King, tells the story of Johnny Smith (Anthony Michael Hall from The Breakfast Club) who has visions of the apocalypse.

Johnny believes aspiring Congressman Greg Stilson (Sean Patrick Flanery, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles) is somehow linked his nightmare world and undertakes to investigate the ruthless politician…

For those unfamiliar with the show, six of the best episodes will be screened on 9th February from 12.30pm.
Ye-haw! and noted on my calender!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by onionroach:
<STRONG>Looks like they'll be turning On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony into a movie. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Ugh. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Does that mean they're going to do all of them? I've read the whole IoI series, and it really sags in the middle. In fact, there isn't another good one until the fifth, and it doesn't get back to as good as it starts until the last two (which were late additions).

Also, these are not family-friendly or kids books in the slightest. I can't imagine what Disney would turn this material into, but I'm sure it'll be [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img] .
Old 01-30-2003, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cranky-Pants:
<STRONG>Series two of The Dead Zone and Witchblade premiere on Sci Fi channel
Mark the 10th February in your calendar, for that's the day when two top cult shows return to our screens.

Both season two of Witchblade and The Dead Zone are returning to Sci Fi, making Mondays on the channel must-see TV.
</STRONG>
I sat and went "huh?" at this for a couple of minutes before realizing that you weren't talking about our Sci-Fi Channel [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway, that's pretty fast, considering that the second season of The Dead Zone only started here three weeks ago.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Absolute Fan

RENEWED FOR FALL

Andromeda

Mutant X
Old 02-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

From Sci-Fi Wire

Quote:
UPN Knights Kamelot

UPN has ordered Kamelot, a new SF series based on the King Arthur legend, contingent on finding a show runner, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Miramax TV and Abandon Entertainment hour-long drama comes from writers Ron Milbauer and Terri Hughes, the trade paper reported.

Kamelot retells the Arthur story, but transforms him into a young revolutionary overseeing a society in the future. Wes Craven is on board to executive produce with Milbauer and Hughes, the trade paper reported.
[img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] sorry that was the best comment I could come up with.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cranky-Pants:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] sorry that was the best comment I could come up with.</STRONG>
About sums it up, though...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread