Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Samurai Girl Appreciation #1

I saw a trailer for this before The Dark Knight... Its a mini series coming on ABC Fam and seems very "Last Samurai" esque but the star is Jamie from The Real World.. Remember her? It looks like she's a total bad a** in this..
missmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

I've seen it twice...it looks like it's been touched a bit too much by the Disney world. I'll give it a chance, but it's got factors stacked against it already.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah i can see that but ABC Family's programming is actually surprisingly adult...also, who else watches Dancing with the Stars? Because Stacy Keibler (the wrestler) is apparently in this too.. She seems way to graceful to me to be a wrestler...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

She's always been eye candy for the wwe world. She's taken a few hits, and maybe wrestled against someone like Trish Stratus, but never a real female wrestler like Lita. She's quite athletic, though. She was on Dancing with the Stars a couple seasons ago.

I know it's adult, but it's got that whole Disney formula feel to it. Almost like Wendy Wu.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

haha, oh yeah i remember Wendy Wu.. I dont think this will be like that though, i mean i get where you see the similarities but it will be way less cheesy.. Remember how in Wendy Wu she was like trying to become the homecoming queen too? Hah, this one, thank god, is not set in High School....
Old 08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I was actually at the Samurai Girl panel at Comic Con last week. I met Jamie and Brendan Fehr from Roswell. They were pretty cool. I saw the trailer and it looked great.
Oncer4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Any juicy tidbits from the panel?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

No way! I'm super jealous you got to go to comic con! I have always always wanted to go and yes, please give us some insider info from the panel...I am also really jealous you got met Brendan Fehr, i had an enormous crush on him when he was in Roswell and can't wait to see him in this...He looks super hot in these pics
Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Is this based on the book series? Or is it totally unrelated. I haven't seen the trailor yet. I'll have to youtube it. I don't get ABC family when I'm at school, but I can always get my parents to tape it for me if it looks good.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Heres the promo.. And yeah, it is based on a book series by the same name, i haven't read them but i hear they're good, have you read them?
Old 08-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

So it is going to be a series? Not just a movie? Good I can't wait for it. Better be a whole season and more, looks good. Can be added? Also should this be in the Sc-Fi place? I mean its not really super natural, its just Kung-Fu and stuff.
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Gizziefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey All. This thread seems kinda dead but hopefully more ppl will post here if the show gets picked up.

I absolutley loved SG and I've made someicons as wellasa fanvideo and and opening the very first SG website. Jake and Heaven [dot] net

Ropecutters has even been decided to be the ship name for Jake/Heaven by me and some of the girls on the Brendan Fehr thread.

I think if given the chance this show could have a really great following!

Romione<3Delena<3DocRose<3Jamily<3Incrowder<3Dramione<3Spuffy<3Chair<3Cordesley<3Soric
MsBigBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

I watched the first 2 episodes, I like it as much as Kyle XY and The Middleman.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Eeep guys! I finally got my layout I ordered for my Jake/Heaven site! And it's flippin amazing! I'm gonna start working on getting the content up this weekend, but take a look now and tell me how you like the layout!

In Awe The very first and only source for Jake and Heaven!

Romione<3Delena<3DocRose<3Jamily<3Incrowder<3Dramione<3Spuffy<3Chair<3Cordesley<3Soric
MsBigBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked it myself but I doubt it will become a series. But if it does, I will certainly watch it.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread