Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Loyal Fan

i've heard about the EG movie, but i think it wont be good if it were done as a real movie...you know? like, it would be better if it were animated, vos then the battle room scenes would look just as real as the rest, and they could get beans real height. i mena, he's supposed to have fitted into a toilet, how can they get a kid that small?
and i read somewhere that they're prob cutting the scene with ender and val on the raft when ender is earthside. the part with the wasp. how crappy! that's one of the best parts in the book, coz it shows how much ender has changed from the innocent boy val used to know to the one in front of her. would be bad if it were cut.
phew, well, that's my rant
c-ya'z
edited to say that treasure box is really good. imho

[ 11-14-2003: Message edited rosey angel 2 ]

When the time came to leap in faith, whether you had your eyes open or closed or screaming all the way down or not made no practical difference.
rosey angel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Supreme Fan

I think that Ender's Game is a really good book. Speaker for the Dead was good also but not quite a good and I haven't finished Ender's Shadow or any of the other. I haven't read any of Card's other books but I'd like to. Also, I think an Ender's Game movie would be really good, if they did it right.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Supreme Fan

I think that Ender's Game is a really good book. Speaker for the Dead was good also but not quite a good and I haven't finished Ender's Shadow or any of the other. I haven't read any of Card's other books but I'd like to. Also, I think an Ender's Game movie would be really good, if they did it right.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:14 AM
Loyal Fan

ender's shadow and the rest of the shadow series is really great. it's good to see more of ender's jeesh. however, the couple he's promoted is...odd. i don't support them. anyone else feel that way?

When the time came to leap in faith, whether you had your eyes open or closed or screaming all the way down or not made no practical difference.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:14 AM
Loyal Fan

ender's shadow and the rest of the shadow series is really great. it's good to see more of ender's jeesh. however, the couple he's promoted is...odd. i don't support them. anyone else feel that way?

Old 12-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought Ender's Game was one of the best books I'd ever read until I read Ender's Shadow and then I put Shadow at the top of the list. Ender's Shadow really touched me deeply, epspecially in the end where Bean has figured out what is happening and Ender hasn't. The "Absalon, my son..." quote at the end was so insightful and expressed so well what I was feeling as the final scene played out. Bean is one of my favorite characters of all time. I love him. I haven't been able to finish the sequel. They're kids are all grown up and so different. I find I like Card's books about and for children better than the ones featuring adults.
Algieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought Ender's Game was one of the best books I'd ever read until I read Ender's Shadow and then I put Shadow at the top of the list. Ender's Shadow really touched me deeply, epspecially in the end where Bean has figured out what is happening and Ender hasn't. The "Absalon, my son..." quote at the end was so insightful and expressed so well what I was feeling as the final scene played out. Bean is one of my favorite characters of all time. I love him. I haven't been able to finish the sequel. They're kids are all grown up and so different. I find I like Card's books about and for children better than the ones featuring adults.
Algieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Loyal Fan

the kids aren't grown up in the shadow sequels, they're set not too far from the end of enders shadow. i agree, enders shadow is such a profound book. i love the beginning, how he's so overcome about poke's deth. and i like achillies. hes a very interesting character. there's more about him in the other shadow books. plus there's more peter, and he's a great character. and how bean figures out about the ansible from the small mistake the technician made...amazing. and his pov on the others craking under the pressure, good, too.

Old 12-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Loyal Fan

the kids aren't grown up in the shadow sequels, they're set not too far from the end of enders shadow. i agree, enders shadow is such a profound book. i love the beginning, how he's so overcome about poke's deth. and i like achillies. hes a very interesting character. there's more about him in the other shadow books. plus there's more peter, and he's a great character. and how bean figures out about the ansible from the small mistake the technician made...amazing. and his pov on the others craking under the pressure, good, too.

Old 12-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I want to start reading one of his books again. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Which one should I start with?
Old 12-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I want to start reading one of his books again. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Which one should I start with?
Old 12-27-2003, 03:18 AM
Loyal Fan

it depends. if you wanna read a book that's not part of a series, then i'de recomend either "treasure box" or "songmaster". i've read both of them and they're really good. i've heard "enchantment" is pretty good too, but i havent read that one. if you wanna start a series, then i suggest the ender wiggn saga, the shadow series, or the homecomeing saga. enders game can be read by itself without any follow on, too.
hope that helps

Old 12-27-2003, 03:18 AM
Loyal Fan

it depends. if you wanna read a book that's not part of a series, then i'de recomend either "treasure box" or "songmaster". i've read both of them and they're really good. i've heard "enchantment" is pretty good too, but i havent read that one. if you wanna start a series, then i suggest the ender wiggn saga, the shadow series, or the homecomeing saga. enders game can be read by itself without any follow on, too.
hope that helps

Old 12-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply   Post New Thread