Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2003, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Tru Calling is the only one I'm interested in. I really like Eliza although I am not optimistic that Fox will give it enough time to build a fan base.

Soz: I know how you feel.

Timeo: All I know is that Showtime would be a great network for new Farscape episodes which could then be rerun in syndication or on UPN like SG-1 was. I don't subscribe to Showtime now, but if they picked up Farscape, I (and the vast majority of other Farscape fans) definitely would. Is anyone from Showtime paying attention?

[ 07-28-2003: Message edited enigma777 ]
Old 07-28-2003, 12:04 PM
jjt
Master Fan

The reason I chose Showtime for my pay channel was the fact that they do air more sci-fi original series than the others. So they would be a good bet.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by thescoobygang:
<STRONG>

Rachel has been filming Fearless here in Toronto. Even though she lightened her hair, I don't think she looks anything like Gaia. And from the few scenes I saw in an interview, I get the feeling that this series is only loosely based on Fearless. I think they are trying to re-vamp the series so that it has a more Alias-type storyline.</STRONG>
I loved the books storyline and I think the only way they could have made it work was by bringing in a new actress or an actress who isn't very famous. Rachel Leigh Cook has done a lot of roles in teen movies. I've seen a few of her movies and I really can't imagine her playing a fearless character. Also not too big a fan of Alias so I'm not sure about the show. I'll check it out due to curiosity but I hate it when they ruin the books.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Very good point!

Considering fantasy hasn't really been tried... even Beastmaster has never been on here except at five in the morning or something... I don't think they can say it doesn't work.

Just that they aren't interested enough to even give it a try.

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I would really like some fantasy. Even one show. SF is rare, horror is rare... fantasy we get nothing.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

They did try a few years back with a vamp/soap opera kind of show. At least I think it was a vamp show. My memory is going. I liked it. Thinking of it, makes me miss it.

Jake 2.0 looks interesting and the press has been positive. But like jjt said, it's opposite of Angel. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But I'll catch it when I can.

And Deal Like Me is good. I'm liking it so far.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by onionroach:
They did try a few years back with a vamp/soap opera kind of show. At least I think it was a vamp show. My memory is going. I liked it. Thinking of it, makes me miss it.
Kindred: The Embraced? Dude. I wish I had seen that, but what can I say...I started watching TV rather lately (understatement) in comparison to most kids and teenagers. Of course, there's the DVD. And to be honest, I don't remember at all how to make an amazon link FF's...but anyways:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Quote:
Jake 2.0 looks interesting and the press has been positive. But like jjt said, it's opposite of Angel. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But I'll catch it when I can.
The West Wing will be the competition for me, since I plan to watch both shows, and it's annoying me that way...sigh. I guess I'll have to record one and watch the other only.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Kindred was cool!

One network dropped it, but I gather another one was about to pick it up when the main star was hit by a car. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

It was good while it lasted.

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by enigma777:
<STRONG>Tru Calling is the only one I'm interested in. I really like Eliza although I am not optimistic that Fox will give it enough time to build a fan base.
</STRONG>
I agree! I love Eliza, but you know how FOX is. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] They didn't even give Firefly chance.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

The thing Tru Calling has going for it is that it's not on a friday. If it were on a friday, I'd already have played funeral music for it by now.

~Kat
Old 08-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Timeo, thanks for the amazon link. I only watched a few episodes and then I stopped. I wasn't a very loyal viewer in my high school/college days. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Passionate Fan

There is a new show on Lifetime in the U.S called 1-800-Missing which is based on Jenny Carroll/Meg Cabot's 1-800-Where-R-U book series. I actually read those books so I'm kind of interested in seeing how the TV series is. For those of you unfamiliar with the books it's about a girl who is struck by lightning and develops a psychic ability to find missing people. Of course, in true TV fashion the producers have "re-worked" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] the plot to change the girl from highschooler to college grad and have thrown in the token FBI agent(not again!).

The series should be available in Canada this fall on the newVR...so I'll have to wait until then to check it out.

1-800-missing

[ 08-06-2003: Message edited thescoobygang ]
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Bumping this back from the dead... here's the full list of confirmed fall 2011 pilots. Which shows are you interested in? To me, Hallelujah, Awakening and 17th Precinct looks intriguing, and I'm very interested to see if they manage to not completely screw up Wonder Woman. I am not holding my breath on that one.

Last edited by Avatar; 03-15-2011 at 11:16 PM
Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bumping this Dan and for sharing the link

I know I'll give 17th Precinct a try - sorry, 3 BSG people in it, can't resist

Also agree that Hallelujah and Awakening might be worth a try. Might add Once Upon A Time, Alcatraz and REM.

Ghost Angeles sounds like a new Ghost Whisperer to be honest

Never really watched the original Wonder Woman, but the cast doesn't look too bad...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Once Upon a Time, love fairy tales

Suburgatory sounds interesting, wonder if it'll be like an actual horror story

Awakening could be good

Will probably check out Heavenly and Secret Circle

Will check out Touch and Grimm

Way more shows to check out than there had been this year
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw the "pilot" for Finder on Bones a few weeks ago, enjoyed it a lot; so I'll definitely check that out. Brave New World definitely gets a try: I've worked Revolutionary War sites like that, so it could be hysterical. (Or so very not.)

Wonder Woman was interesting the first time around, decades ago, so I may try that. OTOH, look what happened to Superman ("Smallville") - it's jumped a school of sharks and is practicly unwatchable now, but it used to be good.

Such an epitaph...