Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Absolute Fan

From Mutant X.net

Season One DVD Release
June 24th is the release date for Mutant X: Season One, Disc One. DVD will feature Episodes #101 & #102 of Mutant X along with cast commentary, outtakes, and galleries.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

I wish they would have just released the whole season. Buying individual volumes is such a chore and more expensive in the long run usually.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

I may have picked up a season box set, but now I won't be getting any of the DVDs.
Kay
Old 04-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree. They would have been better off selling them as a set. Now it is just too much of a hassle and space waster.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gleebo:
<STRONG>I wish they would have just released the whole season. Buying individual volumes is such a chore and more expensive in the long run usually.</STRONG>
They may release a box set as well later on
I think both StarGate and Farscape are available as both indivdual and box.

They want to make as much money as possible that's why they do it
Old 04-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, if they ever release a DVD box set, I may buy it. But the individual ones are too much of a pain to bother with.
Kay
Old 04-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

I sure hope we get a new episode soon, its been forever.
Old 04-13-2003, 05:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I've heard about Mutant X, but never seen it. So, I would kinda like to look into it. Can anybody give me a recommendation? Like the 3 best episodes you would recommend to a newbie?
Old 04-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LolaRuns:
<STRONG>I've heard about Mutant X, but never seen it. So, I would kinda like to look into it. Can anybody give me a recommendation? Like the 3 best episodes you would recommend to a newbie?</STRONG>
Best? They all seem to be the same...... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I guess the first ones... Oh goes I forget their name. I think the first was "I Scream Body..something."

Did anybody hear that Freddie Prinze Jr. wrote an eppy for MX? What eppy is it?

Candace
Old 04-16-2003, 07:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Did anybody hear that Freddie Prinze Jr. wrote an eppy for MX? What eppy is it?
Now that *is* scary.

BTW I downloaded the series cliffhanger. It was so disturbing to see the guy who plays a vampire on Daytime as the big bad. And don't you hate it when they have this all powerfull big bad, who, you know, *never does anything*?
Old 04-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

I would recommend the following episodes...

Episodes 1 & 2 "The Shock of the New" and "I Scream the Body Electric"

Episode 11 "Whiter Shade of Pale" heavy Adam-centric episode

Episode 12 "Double Vision" my personal favorite...wish they would have kept evil Emma around longer

Episode 17 "Presumed Guilty"

Episode 21 "A New Breed" great finale to season 1 although it was the second to last aired episode not the last one.

Episode 25 S2 "Time Squared" actually I think this is my favorite episode. Great time travel stuff. Ashlocke from the S1 finale is in this one.

Episode 27 S2 "The Future Revealed"

Episode 37 S2 "Under the Cloak of War" Mainly because of Sebastian Spence and Shalimar/Brennan

Freddie Prinze Jr is writing episode 41 which is episode 19 in season 2. It will air(depending on your local listings) starting April 21st.

Here's a small synopsis kinda spoilery

The Mutant X team must save a prominent senator's daughter, who is kidnapped when Brennan's powers begin to mutate out of control.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I've now seen the Pilot, the season's finale and "Fool For Love".

I guess FFL was one of those romance of the week storylines. I actually liked the way they resolved it (with the tranfusion thing? Very cute even though it didn't make sense, like, in the least).

So, who are your favourite characters and who do you think are the most popular characters? I have seen a couple of Brennan/Emma fanpages and since I didn't "get" that vibe from the show I deduce that Emma is most likely a very popular character, kinda like Willow on Buffy, stuff like that.

So far I kinda like Shalimar, but I think that's mainly because she reminds me so much of The Lost World's Veronica (whaaaa, Lost World). Maybe I just caught bad episodes on Emma. She kinda reminded me of Phoebe on Charmed, always whining about not having an active power. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I feel sorry for the guy who does you know the human shield/diverting bullets thing. He must be really bad because I saw 3 episodes and I don't even remember his name. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LolaRuns:
I've now seen the Pilot, the season's finale and "Fool For Love".

I guess FFL was one of those romance of the week storylines. I actually liked the way they resolved it (with the tranfusion thing? Very cute even though it didn't make sense, like, in the least).
I hate "Romance of the week" episodes, You always know nothing will come of it.
My mother calls what happens the "Little Joe Syndrome"
Little Joe on Bonanza would meet a girl fall in love and then find out the girl was
A. Dying
B. Already Married or otherwise committed to another relationship
C. A bad girl
D. All of the above
This went on for YEARS [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

So, who are your favourite characters and who do you think are the most popular characters? I have seen a couple of Brennan/Emma fanpages and since I didn't "get" that vibe from the show I deduce that Emma is most likely a very popular character, kinda like Willow on Buffy, stuff like that.
I like Brennan, I remember Victor Webster from his stint on Days of our Lives

So far I kinda like Shalimar, but I think that's mainly because she reminds me so much of The Lost World's Veronica (whaaaa, Lost World). Maybe I just caught bad episodes on Emma. She kinda reminded me of Phoebe on Charmed, always whining about not having an active power. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Yeah, at first, But she kind of grows on you after a while

I feel sorry for the guy who does you know the human shield/diverting bullets thing. He must be really bad because I saw 3 episodes and I don't even remember his name. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jesse Martin played by Forbes March, Which is one of the strangest names I have heard (I wondered at first if his mother was reading Forbes magazine when he was born and if his birthday is in March [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
[ 04-19-2003: Message edited Magic ]
Old 04-20-2003, 04:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Watching certain spot here and there episodes you would come out with the sense that some of the Mutant X team is less important than others because usually one episode focuses on just one of the 4 characters at a time. So if you see one about Brennan, the other 3 usually take a back seat. Especially in season 1. They are doing better about working all 4 into the story lines each episode this year.

I think that my favorite character is Emma. I love her abilities and her scary potential that she coudld turn on them and they would never know it with her mind control.

Also the ship I really am starting to like more is Emma/Jesse. I think that if any develop before the season is over it will be Brennan/Shalimar.
Old 04-20-2003, 04:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just wanted to add that Jesse's last name is Kilmartin

the rest are
John Shea as Adam Kane

Victoria Pratt as Shalimar Fox

Victor Webster as Brennan Mulwray

Lauren Lee Smith as Emma deLauro

Tom McCamus as Mason Eckhart