Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

is this because of handball-gate? or FIFA's lack of impartiallity?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Total Fan

Maybe Jackson will step into the movie.

And news reports that Ian McKellen may drop the movie and MGM may "sell the rights" to the movie.

If Ian steps out... I doubt we will ever get a movie!

It's such a huge mess!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

No I've been looking foward to the Hobbit for ages

It's been one week since you looked at me, threw your arms in the air and said 'You're crazy!'
"That's better."
Lena icon: Unfortunate Non Blonde ♥
Old 07-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gandalf was a white supremacist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
is this because of handball-gate? or FIFA's lack of impartiallity?
I generally think football is crap and making a big fuss about it is even more crap. But even I'm pissed off about the handball thing. Thierry Henry and the football authorities insulted the Irish nation. I took satisfaction in France's world cup troubles, as did most of the Irish nation.

Last edited by sum1; 07-07-2010 at 08:20 AM
Old 07-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

I know I quite enjoyed watching them get booted.

As a whole, i think FIFA's role in the world cup needs to be stepped up. They sit back and soak up the cash, but do little to make sure the games are worth watching.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

If Ian McKellan pulls out of The Hobbit, there will be no movie, and if they even try to replace him, it will be a mess.

The latest rumor I've read online is that Peter Jackson may step in to helm the project, but nothing has been set.

I really hope they can work this out because I really want to see this movie(s) happen.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they replace McKellan. He was awful in LOTR.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

That is your opinion . I thought he was great in role.

If not McKellan, who would you like to see in the role?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Of course it's my opinion. I wouldn't be stating it if it wasn't, would I? But the fact that it's my opinion does not mean that it cannot also be correct. He was awful in the role, just as he was awful as Magneto. It is your opinion that he was great in the role, but that does not mean you cannot be mistaken about it.

Patrick Stewart would make a good Gandalf. With a wig.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

As it stands....MGM is in such trouble that I have serious doubts of this movie ever seeing the light of day
Old 07-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Of course it's my opinion. I wouldn't be stating it if it wasn't, would I? But the fact that it's my opinion does not mean that it cannot also be correct. He was awful in the role, just as he was awful as Magneto. It is your opinion that he was great in the role, but that does not mean you cannot be mistaken about it.

Patrick Stewart would make a good Gandalf. With a wig.
An opinion is just that, an opinion, it doesn't make you correct or wrong about a topic, and in this case, there is no right or wrong.

It's hard to imagine Patrick Stewart with hair!

But I could see him in the role.

Quote:
As it stands....MGM is in such trouble that I have serious doubts of this movie ever seeing the light of day
I thought I read online that Rob Lowe was buying MGM, does that help or hurt the situation?

I'm not aware of all the details of the MGM issue.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melika (View Post)
An opinion is just that, an opinion, it doesn't make you correct or wrong about a topic, and in this case, there is no right or wrong.
That's a nonsensical piece of ideology. It's convenient for you to believe that stuff is true.

People like to tell themselves opinions can't be right or wrong, because then none of their opinions can be mistaken, which allows them to pretend all their opinions are correct as long as they don't actually admit to themselves that's what they're doing. But very obviously, opinions can be right or wrong. Somebody convinced that the world is flat or that 2 and 2 equals 15 has a mistaken opinion. Somebody who thinks 2 and 2 equals 4 or that the world is round has a correct opinion. And people can be right or wrong about acting, just as they can be right or wrong about other things. It's not all subjective. There's the matter of developing an insight into what an actor's doing. Into the the deeper levels of a performance and what the actor has made their character into. McKellan's performance makes his Gandalf something far too different from what the book's Gandalf was, something inferior to the book's Gandalf. The movies were very well made, but very poorly cast. Aragorn is another character utterly played wrong -Aragorn isn't supposed to be this chill, dour, melancholy character. And Eowen is played as a total wimp.

Last edited by sum1; 07-13-2010 at 05:24 PM
Old 07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

I think financing fell through.

They're in a bad enough state that the next bond film, the cornerstone of MGM for the past 50 years, has been put on hold due to lack of financing.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Like anybody needs another Bond film.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
I think financing fell through.

They're in a bad enough state that the next bond film, the cornerstone of MGM for the past 50 years, has been put on hold due to lack of financing.
I read on IMDb.com a day or so ago that the Bond film had been completely canned by this point.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread