Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Total Fan

Almost seems like it'd be best to plan a sleepover. When I mentioned the marathon to one of the previous participants today we decided that my new house was better suited to the endeavor than my old one. I've got 2.5 bathrooms now.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

You know, if you read clint's post at first, you'd get the impression he wasn't going to move from his chair....which leads to the scene from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, where Steve Martin asks if he may go to the bathroom.....*snicker*
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Kinda, but I will move - only to go to the fridge (which is in full view of my tv) or to go to the toilet (which the tv is also viewable from at the right angle.) If I want to, I can even watch it while in the shower! It reflects in my bathroom mirror.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

And they say Americans are addicted to TV....
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Truly, the tv was placed where it is due to me wanting to keep the sunlight off the screen, it would be bad having sunlight eliminating what is on-screen. It is pure coincidence that I can see the screen from the toilet and from the shower (in the mirror with the bathroom door open.)
Old 11-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Oh sure, it's coincidence now.......I bet if it didn't make you akin to me, you'd be all purposeful in it
Old 12-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Elite Fan

It is by accident in this house. I did try in my old houses to make the tv so that it could be seen in mirrors etc while on the plop or when in the shower, never worked. I plonked the tv where it is because there really is no where else for it to go where there is no bad glare. Then I noticed I can see the screen from the toilet and reflected in the mirror.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Ok, I believe you this time.....so when are you going to watch the series?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

I was going to do it today, but I think I will wait for 3 weeks so that I have plenty of time to spend one-whole-day doing it during my Xmas break, where I have over 2 weeks off work. (I still get paid, btw.)
Old 12-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Total Fan

Sure, rub it in.

While I still plan on renting a bunch of new movies for Christmas and New Year's, I may try to squeeze in LOTR extended versions as well. Sleep is so overrated.

I know I've seen the cartoon version of The Hobbit and I'm pretty sure I've seen the animated Lord of the Rings. I have not, however, seen the cartoon The Return of the King but I guess I'll have to just to be able to say I have. From the reviews I've just read at netflix.com, it's going to be baaaaaad.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

There was a nasty rumor that was going around that Peter and New Line truced up and The Hobbit was on. I was excited for about 2 hours before it got debunked.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

What's this? I've stumbled upon LoTR thread?! Very cool.

Hi, I'm Kate, BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsebold87 (View Post)
I wonder if there's any way we can campaign to get our old Lord of the Rings forum back. It stinks that no one can nominate it in the request section to get it's board back, since they only do polls for Music, Celebrities and TV shows. I wasn't around when it was first here, but I would like to see one.

I'm not saying that I don't appreciate this board, I really do. It makes me really happy that I finally have a LOTR thread to post in. It would just be awesome if there were some way we could get the old forum back.
Oh, it was awesome, and I miss it terribly. I wish every day that it didn't kick the bucket...we fought so hard to keep it and I've been lost ever since it went under. So I do wonder if we can do that, because I know loads of old boardies who would be up to the task.

Kate

Last edited by never think; 12-11-2007 at 02:32 PM
Old 12-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Total Fan

TNT is running all three LOTR movies this weekend. FOTR on Friday at 7:00 PM EST and again Sunday at 11:30 AM EST. TT on Saturday at 7:00 PM EST and again Sunday at 3:15 PM EST. Finally, ROTK on Sunday at 7:00 PM EST.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the thread Kate. Which is your favourite?

Woo hoo to TNT...though I think I'll just bring my DVD's out.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Welcome to the thread Kate. Which is your favourite?

Woo hoo to TNT...though I think I'll just bring my DVD's out.
Thanks! It's nice to be around other LoTR fanatics again. And oh geez, I don't know if I can pick a favorite! They all are equally fantastic. If I had to though, I would have to say the order would be: FoTR, RoTK, and then TTT. I've decided that since the first one got me so hooked to the movies, it had to be my first choice. But if we're talking about special features and such, I think that Fellowship has the best cast commentary (I haven't quite gotten to listening to all of the others yet, but what I've heard of TTT and RoTK, they are just as good...apparently Dom and Billy are hilarious, as usual). I particularly love the 'Filming of TTT' bit on disc 4, and the 'Warriors of the Third Age'...that's good stuff.

And sadly, I do not get TNT (my roomies just wanted basic cable...how do I live?), so I am forced to pull out my DVDs as well. Which is fine by me because, hey, no commercials, and all the good stuff isn't cut out.

Kate
Closed Thread   Post New Thread