New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

We've got a new The Hobbit video blog/production video

https://www.facebook.com/PeterJacksonNZ

Of course this has to come up when I'm at work Can't wait to watch it when I get home
Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

It's not 2 movies, but three - this ought to be interesting

Quote:
An unexpected journey
by Peter Jackson on Monday, July 30, 2012 at 5:30pm ·
It is only at the end of a shoot that you finally get the chance to sit down and have a look at the film you have made. Recently Fran, Phil and I did just this when we watched for the first time an early cut of the first movie - and a large chunk of the second. We were really pleased with the way the story was coming together, in particular, the strength of the characters and the cast who have brought them to life. All of which gave rise to a simple question: do we take this chance to tell more of the tale? And the answer from our perspective as the filmmakers, and as fans, was an unreserved ‘yes.'

We know how much of the story of Bilbo Baggins, the Wizard Gandalf, the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer, and the Battle of Dol Guldur will remain untold if we do not take this chance. The richness of the story of The Hobbit, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings, allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.

So, without further ado and on behalf of New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wingnut Films, and the entire cast and crew of “The Hobbit” films, I’d like to announce that two films will become three.

It has been an unexpected journey indeed, and in the words of Professor Tolkien himself, "a tale that grew in the telling."

Cheers,

Peter J
Source
Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

They're really making that small book into three movies? Talk about only doing it for the money...
Old 08-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that, Nad That way Richard gets more exposure... can't say I mind
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

So very predictable.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Of course, the more Richard the better

I hope that the addition of a third movie also means that they might include some of the stuff from the appendices.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Well, they must do something to fill three movies...

Last edited by Avatar; 08-04-2012 at 09:14 AM
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

That they do I have faith in Peter Jackson & Co. though, so here's hope it will turn out to be another epic trilogy
Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Of course, the more Richard the better

I hope that the addition of a third movie also means that they might include some of the stuff from the appendices.
Indeed Richardddd
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

You mean we need a whole movie full of Richard Thorin scenes? I kinda like that idea

Quote:
‘The Hobbit 3′ Scheduled For July 18, 2014

By NIKKI FINKE | Friday August 31, 2012 @ 4:37pm PDT

Warner Bros and MGM Pictures jointly announced today that the final film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy adaptation of the JRR Tolkien novel is now titled The Hobbit: There and Back Again. It will be released worldwide on July 18, 2014. All three films in the trilogy are productions of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. The Studios also announced the title of the second installment in the franchise, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, which will be released on December 13, 2013. The first film in the trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, opens this holiday season on December 14, 2012. Under Jackson’s direction, all three movies are being shot in digital 3D using the latest camera and stereo technology. Additional filming, as with principal photography, is taking place at Stone Street Studios, Wellington, and on location around New Zealand.Shot in 3D 48 frames-per-second, the film trilogy will be released in High Frame Rate (HFR) 3D, other 3D formats, IMAX, and 2D.

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros Pictures President of Domestic Distribution said in a statement, “We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films of The Hobbit Trilogy. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure.”

Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, Warner Bros Pictures President of International Distribution, added, “The Hobbit: There and Back Again opening in the summer will maximize playability for what promises to be an event film for fans the world over.”

The trilogy is set in Middle-earth 60 years before Tolkien’s The Lord Of The Rings, which Jackson and his filmmaking team brought to the big screen and whose 3rd installment won the Best Picture Oscar. The screenplay for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is credited to Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro. Jackson is also producing the films, together with Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner and Fran Walsh. The executive producers are Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins, and Carolyn Blackwood, with Boyens and Eileen Moran serving as co-producers. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and the two remaining films in the trilogy are productions of New Line Cinema and MGM Pictures, with New Line managing production. Warner Bros Pictures is handling worldwide theatrical distribution, with select international territories as well as all international television licensing being handled by MGM.
Source
Old 09-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing, Nad.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome

Waiting - more or less patiently - for the new trailer now
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Just in case someone missed it - the new trailer is out and can be found here.

There are five different endings, so enjoy
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)

Thanks, Nad.