Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

I gave my "normal" versions away a few years ago.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Total Fan

chrissy1302, as soon as the requesting is back, I'm gonna make a new avatar for the campaign!

We're goin to get this board back!!

I made a promise, Mr. Frodo!! A promise!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Heh....I think my regular editions lasted until the extended came out.

I sold them to a guy at work, telling him, hey, I'm getting this, but i'll sell them to you for 10 bucks a piece when the new ones are out...he took it up
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Total Fan

I'm really goin to buy the extended!
Maybe next month!

Shame on me!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

It's ok, you've got the actual movies. That's good.

Do you have the animated hobbit?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Total Fan

No!

Do you wanna make me kill myself? You're almost there...

You're making me feel the worst fan on earth!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:02 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
WHAT?!

We make it a point to watch all 3 extended editions at least once a year. I don't even own the original versions anymore.
There are aspects to appreciate with both variants. I think the original cinematic releases are better as movies--tighter, better paced. Of course, the extended ones do give us more wonderfulness to enjoy.

I will always maintain that the original Fellowship had much the better beginning--when we came upon Frodo *reading* in the green green woods, I felt such a strong sense of identity and kinship with the lad! That was me in my hobbit days, exactly! In comparison, the extended edition panning through the clutter of Bag End and up Bilbo's backside was practically anti-cinema.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuixote99 (View Post)
There are aspects to appreciate with both variants. I think the original cinematic releases are better as movies--tighter, better paced. Of course, the extended ones do give us more wonderfulness to enjoy.

I will always maintain that the original Fellowship had much the better beginning--when we came upon Frodo *reading* in the green green woods, I felt such a strong sense of identity and kinship with the lad! That was me in my hobbit days, exactly! In comparison, the extended edition panning through the clutter of Bag End and up Bilbo's backside was practically anti-cinema.
Hey, DonQuixote!
Welcome to FF and to our LoTR thread! Hope you stay with us!

Well... I didn't watch the extended yet (they weren't/aren't available in Brazil), but I'll probably give up the theatrical versions when I get the extended. For me, as fan, I want to catch every single screen time I can. It's amazing to see my beloved characters alive in the movie and it doesn't matter for me if they are anti-cinema or not, if you know what I mean. I could see 18 hours for each movie withour stopping. But I also understand that the extended wouldn't be comercial and I totally agree with you!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Total Fan

BTW...
I couldn't help and I'm re-eading LoTR again!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

The extended versions aren't available in Brazil! Why not??

A few weeks ago on a travel show that shows here (Australia) they visited the Hobbiton set and they showed the workmen rebuilding it for The Hobbit

Hopefullly this time they won't demolish it after the movie and then i'll have to go back and visit again

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Don, i agree, the original cuts are better as movies, but I'm such a fan that I don't watch it for the movies any more, i watch it for the story, and every once that I can get squeezed out of it is that much better.

Sam, it's ok, as long as there are plans to get you going, it'll be all good.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kender (View Post)
The extended versions aren't available in Brazil! Why not??
I don't know! Maybe they tought wouldn't return money enough!

Quote:
A few weeks ago on a travel show that shows here (Australia) they visited the Hobbiton set and they showed the workmen rebuilding it for The Hobbit

Hopefullly this time they won't demolish it after the movie and then i'll have to go back and visit again
So you'll go there and you'll take some pics showing a big poster saying "This is for you, Sam/Diogo (my name) from Brazil!" Just do it, please! Make a lil hobbit happy!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Don, i agree, the original cuts are better as movies, but I'm such a fan that I don't watch it for the movies any more, i watch it for the story, and every once that I can get squeezed out of it is that much better.
That's the feeling!
That's what it is beeing a fan!

Quote:
Sam, it's ok, as long as there are plans to get you going, it'll be all good.
Yes. There were always plans... but not always money!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (View Post)
So you'll go there and you'll take some pics showing a big poster saying "This is for you, Sam/Diogo (my name) from Brazil!" Just do it, please! Make a lil hobbit happy!
Its a deal

I've been wanting to go back for ages now. I went when they had the world premiere of RotK and then we traveled around both islands and got to see the movie a week before it started back home.

Most of our photo were taken on old camera's, not digital, but my sister just got a scanner and i might see if she can scan some of them.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 10-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Its a deal
We DO have a deal!

Quote:
I've been wanting to go back for ages now. I went when they had the world premiere of RotK and then we traveled around both islands and got to see the movie a week before it started back home.

Most of our photo were taken on old camera's, not digital, but my sister just got a scanner and i might see if she can scan some of them.
Man... Must have been a hell of experience. A time in the life, for sure. I'd cry my soul out!
I can't see the pictures here from work, I'll as soon as I get home.
I really hope you post some more or even send us!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread