Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki K:
<STRONG>Raonaild - wow, that sounds amazing - so you've met anyone the cast?

actually they stopped airing the show after the second season here - which is kind of ironic, isn't it - since, if i remember correctly, it was partly a German production. so now, i'm ordering DVDs, unfortunately they're really expensive (thank god the US-$ isn't doing great at the moment [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ...).

so, to get the discussion going - who did you like better Zev or Xev?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki</STRONG>
Oh no, not the infamous Zev/Xev debate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, I heard all about what happened in Germany. It was still a German co-production through season 3 too, though I guess they never aired it there.

Yes, I've met most of the actors and other people behind the scenes, though not Jeff Hirschfield or Xenia Seeberg. Lex Gigeroff and Brian Downey really are fun guys, and Brian did a huge amount of work with Lexx fandom and making S4 happen.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>
Oh no, not the infamous Zev/Xev debate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] - unfortunately i was never active in Lexx-fandom, but i heard about it - so you can't blame me for goading on people, just because i wanted to take part in it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>
Yeah, I heard all about what happened in Germany. It was still a German co-production through season 3 too, though I guess they never aired it there.
</STRONG>
no, they didn't. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] instead we suffered through innumerable repeats of Mortal Combat.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>
Oh no, not the infamous Zev/Xev debate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] - unfortunately i was never active in Lexx-fandom, but i heard about it - so you can't blame me for goading on people, just because i wanted to take part in it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>
</STRONG>
no, they didn't. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] instead we suffered through innumerable repeats of Mortal Combat.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 02-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

As you can see from my name, I love lexx! Best show, next to Farscape, the Sci-fi channel ever had on. You can still catch it late at night on Fridays. As for the Zev/Xev debate, Zev really endeared herself to you during the 3 movies(I really wish Sci fi would air them again). She really made you feel for her character. Xev, IMO, brought so much fun to the role. She was all about having a good time. I guess I'm still on the fence [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now even though it was clear all the way from the first movie to last eppie that Kai and Zev/Xev could never happen(being dead is not as easy to overcome in the Lexx universe as it is in the Buffy one :lol [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I just couldn't help but think they were right for each other. Odd? Possiably. Do I care? Nope [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nell

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited Xevb3k ]

"I am lost without you." - Angel

"You just forgot who you were."- Cordelia
Xevb3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

As you can see from my name, I love lexx! Best show, next to Farscape, the Sci-fi channel ever had on. You can still catch it late at night on Fridays. As for the Zev/Xev debate, Zev really endeared herself to you during the 3 movies(I really wish Sci fi would air them again). She really made you feel for her character. Xev, IMO, brought so much fun to the role. She was all about having a good time. I guess I'm still on the fence [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now even though it was clear all the way from the first movie to last eppie that Kai and Zev/Xev could never happen(being dead is not as easy to overcome in the Lexx universe as it is in the Buffy one :lol [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I just couldn't help but think they were right for each other. Odd? Possiably. Do I care? Nope [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nell

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited Xevb3k ]

"I am lost without you." - Angel

"You just forgot who you were."- Cordelia
Xevb3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm a Lexx fan. Not sure how I got into it, either. I liked Xev, I think (the 2nd one, however that was spelled), but because I actually saw her seasons before I saw the other one.

Okay, and who doesn't love Kai? I did a whole thing one time of if Lexx were Angel... comparing characters and the like. I think I made Fred Lyekka.

I didn't see enough of season 4, so my favorite is season 3. I have it all on tape from sci-fi.
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm a Lexx fan. Not sure how I got into it, either. I liked Xev, I think (the 2nd one, however that was spelled), but because I actually saw her seasons before I saw the other one.

Okay, and who doesn't love Kai? I did a whole thing one time of if Lexx were Angel... comparing characters and the like. I think I made Fred Lyekka.

I didn't see enough of season 4, so my favorite is season 3. I have it all on tape from sci-fi.
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

wow, it's great the thread got bumped and you're here guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I just finished watching my Season 3 DVD boxset. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] I have to agree that it's the best season though I also haven't seen all of season 4.

Quote:
being dead is not as easy to overcome in the Lexx universe as it is in the Buffy one [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
true! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] that's unless you're Prince. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
and yeah, i also couldn't help thinking Xev/Kai were right for each other. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
that's an interesting idea. if you wrote an essay on that, i'd love to read it.

Old 02-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

wow, it's great the thread got bumped and you're here guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I just finished watching my Season 3 DVD boxset. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] I have to agree that it's the best season though I also haven't seen all of season 4.

Quote:
being dead is not as easy to overcome in the Lexx universe as it is in the Buffy one [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
true! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] that's unless you're Prince. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
and yeah, i also couldn't help thinking Xev/Kai were right for each other. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
that's an interesting idea. if you wrote an essay on that, i'd love to read it.

Old 03-01-2004, 10:19 PM
New Fan

Is anyone going to follow the Lexx legacy and check out Tripping the Rift on Thursday?
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:19 PM
New Fan

Is anyone going to follow the Lexx legacy and check out Tripping the Rift on Thursday?
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

what's 'Tripping The Rift'? i'm a bit behind, i'm afraid.

Old 03-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

what's 'Tripping The Rift'? i'm a bit behind, i'm afraid.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Just finished watching my S2 DVDs and wow, everytime I get into it for a bit, I remember how much I loved that show. And the musical episode? Amazing! Xenia and Michael have such pretty singing voices. I wish that would have been released as a soundtrack.

So - on another note. Anyone still with me here?

Old 09-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Just finished watching my S2 DVDs and wow, everytime I get into it for a bit, I remember how much I loved that show. And the musical episode? Amazing! Xenia and Michael have such pretty singing voices. I wish that would have been released as a soundtrack.

So - on another note. Anyone still with me here?

Reply   Post New Thread