Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Lexx - The Dark Zone Appr. #1: Because They Rather Blow Up A Planet Than Save One

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hey guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

i hope it's ok to open that thread here. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
so is there anybody out there who liked the series and the movies as much as i am and wants to discuss them? please don't be shy and com'on in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Lexx - The Dark Zone Appr. #1: Because They Rather Blow Up A Planet Than Save One

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hey guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

i hope it's ok to open that thread here. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
so is there anybody out there who liked the series and the movies as much as i am and wants to discuss them? please don't be shy and com'on in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Of course it's okay. I never watched the series but you're welcome here!
enigma777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Of course it's okay. I never watched the series but you're welcome here!
enigma777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
but it seems like i really am the only one who watched it [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

nikki

Old 07-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
but it seems like i really am the only one who watched it [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

nikki

Old 07-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Can't help you there. I haven't seen it either. Well I have watched bits and pieces of episodes, but I never understood the show. It seemed really...out there. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Can't help you there. I haven't seen it either. Well I have watched bits and pieces of episodes, but I never understood the show. It seemed really...out there. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

There was a time when I loved Lexx. I was burnt out on Star Trek and its' ilk, and Lexx was cool and campy and unpredictable. And Canadian ... where else do you get to see a Newfie in space? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I was very involved with the Lexx fandom for several years ... I ran a Lexx FAQ (which died a couple of months ago after a server crash), and have met most of the people involved with the show and got to see them filming part of an S3 ep. I helped with the campaign to get a fourth season, a season which I was very disappointed with, got bored midway through the season and haven't watched the show much since. I have a lot of it on DVD though.

My favourite ep is "Brigadoom" from the second season, the musical ep. Before Buffy's "Once More, With Feeling", it was the best musical episode of a series I'd ever seen too.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

There was a time when I loved Lexx. I was burnt out on Star Trek and its' ilk, and Lexx was cool and campy and unpredictable. And Canadian ... where else do you get to see a Newfie in space? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I was very involved with the Lexx fandom for several years ... I ran a Lexx FAQ (which died a couple of months ago after a server crash), and have met most of the people involved with the show and got to see them filming part of an S3 ep. I helped with the campaign to get a fourth season, a season which I was very disappointed with, got bored midway through the season and haven't watched the show much since. I have a lot of it on DVD though.

My favourite ep is "Brigadoom" from the second season, the musical ep. Before Buffy's "Once More, With Feeling", it was the best musical episode of a series I'd ever seen too.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>My favourite ep is "Brigadoom" from the second season, the musical ep. Before Buffy's "Once More, With Feeling", it was the best musical episode of a series I'd ever seen too.</STRONG>
Yeah, that was a very good episode. I had the songs in my head for weeks afterwards.
Unfortunately I haven't seen any of Lexx past S3 when C5 decided to stop showing it because the ratings weren't very high or something. It's a shame because I really wanted to see S4, and now I never will . . . . [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 07:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
<STRONG>My favourite ep is "Brigadoom" from the second season, the musical ep. Before Buffy's "Once More, With Feeling", it was the best musical episode of a series I'd ever seen too.</STRONG>
Yeah, that was a very good episode. I had the songs in my head for weeks afterwards.
Unfortunately I haven't seen any of Lexx past S3 when C5 decided to stop showing it because the ratings weren't very high or something. It's a shame because I really wanted to see S4, and now I never will . . . . [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Raonaild - wow, that sounds amazing - so you've met anyone the cast?

actually they stopped airing the show after the second season here - which is kind of ironic, isn't it - since, if i remember correctly, it was partly a German production. so now, i'm ordering DVDs, unfortunately they're really expensive (thank god the US-$ isn't doing great at the moment [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ...).

so, to get the discussion going - who did you like better Zev or Xev?

Old 01-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Raonaild - wow, that sounds amazing - so you've met anyone the cast?

actually they stopped airing the show after the second season here - which is kind of ironic, isn't it - since, if i remember correctly, it was partly a German production. so now, i'm ordering DVDs, unfortunately they're really expensive (thank god the US-$ isn't doing great at the moment [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ...).

Old 01-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki K:
<STRONG>Raonaild - wow, that sounds amazing - so you've met anyone the cast?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki</STRONG>
Oh no, not the infamous Zev/Xev debate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, I heard all about what happened in Germany. It was still a German co-production through season 3 too, though I guess they never aired it there.

Yes, I've met most of the actors and other people behind the scenes, though not Jeff Hirschfield or Xenia Seeberg. Lex Gigeroff and Brian Downey really are fun guys, and Brian did a huge amount of work with Lexx fandom and making S4 happen.
Reply   Post New Thread