Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Legend Series by Marie Lu #1 ~

Legend series

1. Legend
The flooded coast of former Los Angeles. Two warring nations of North America—the Republic and the Colonies.

Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy. Obedient, passionate, and committed to her country, she is being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles.

Born into the slums of the Republic’s Lake Sector, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother is murdered. And Day becomes the prime suspect. Now, caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival while June tries desperately to avenge her brother’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together and the sinister lengths their country will go to in order to keep its secrets.
2. Prodigy
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengence, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been meaning to read this.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

You should. It's a great book. I think the 2nd comes out early next month, or very soon.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
You should. It's a great book. I think the 2nd comes out early next month, or very soon.

I started reading it but somehow have a hard time getting into it. I started it twice now... Not sure why it doesn't 'click' with me.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw that's a shame.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Aw that's a shame.
It is. I have heard great things about it after all!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. But even so, it's not a guarantee that you'll like it. Everyone takes on books different ways.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm starting on Prodigy!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nad, what did you think of the book?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie (View Post)
I started reading it but somehow have a hard time getting into it. I started it twice now... Not sure why it doesn't 'click' with me.
That's rather unusual, I'm usually the one who has a problem with books not 'clicking' with me

Just finished reading the first book, enjoyable read so far. The setting reminded me of The Hunger Games at times, but I think that comes with the genre.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

It does. I suppose you find that a lot within the genre, but with each book they have their own unique story, like this one.

Did you like both Day and June?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Wasn't so sure on what to make of June from the get-go, but she's growing on me

Surprisingly I liked Day from the get go - not sure if that was intended or not, given that we don't know whether or not he's guilty or not in the beginning.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. I wasn't sure what to think of June in the beginning, but I grew to love her. I love that, as bad as it sounds, her life was thrown upside down and she understood the republic is not the good guys as she thought they were.

Yeah. I liked him too. I think we were meant to sympathize with him.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Not entirely sure yet what to think of Tess, there's just something about her that doesn't click with me.

That said, I had one character that I couldn't stand from the get-go - Cdr. Jameson, she was clearly a 'bad guy' to me right away
Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Tess annoys the heck out of me.. especially in Prodigy.
Reply   Post New Thread