Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Meant to respond to your earlier post about the books. I've already noticed a few small differences between them and the show, but that's bound to happen. The overall themes seem to still be in place and so I would go ahead and read the series, but don't be surprised at the differences.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Nod. I read that it's not as much hack and slash as the series...namely because the sword of truth makes him feel the pain of his attacks or something. That should be interesting.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Addicted Fan

AHHHH One More day...One more. I'M so aggravated cause I ordered the books, but they STILL havent flippin sent them yet...UGH. I love this show...so I am thinking that the books are going to be good too (Even if they are different) all I do is watch the Deena preview which looks so good, and I read about the books.

This video here: Wonderwall is helping a little but it is still taking to long. I had never heard that version of the song and it fits perfectly.

They need to get my books to me soon...dang it. Flooding all over wa. *sigh*

It's YOU falling in love with him that makes him become ME. - Simon (Misfits)

Last edited by Drcy; 01-08-2009 at 04:11 PM
Old 01-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Indeed. I got about 6 pages into the book, and I've had to stop. I have a trip to the inlaws tomorrow though, so I'll make up some reading time then.

In the mean time, I found some Bridget Regan interviews, she's a tall girl. Mildly funny. I really enjoyed her interview on G4...they talked about beating up stunt guys.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Total Fan

Denna: Why didn't Kahlan tell Richard that she had told him before, but at the time she didn't know it wasn't the real Richard? I know, the next question out of his mouth would have been, "Why didn't you tell me after that?" Not my favorite episode but I didn't dislike it. I guess we'll be stuck with a return visit from Mistress Denna somewhere down the line.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Wiat/! It was on? My DVR missed it! GAH!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone! I just found this thread...I like the show I think it fills a spot that was otherwise void of anything entertaining. I have to take the books and the show totally separately although I will admit the show lead me to the books...Currently I'm on Soul of the Fire. The books are GREAT!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow-they went through the whole Denna thing fast. It seemed to take longer in the book--and there was a collar if I recall...
Old 01-13-2009, 05:48 AM
Elite Fan

Hrm, I really need to get moving on this book. I need to catch up to you all.

So are they moving a show to a book, or is it a couple shows per book?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Total Fan

Cryostar: if you get WGN, you should be able to catch Denna Wednesday night, or Saturday before the new episode. If you watch it on a CW station, you should be able to watch it Saturday before the new episode.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I think it's more like a chapter or two per episode. That should keep them going for a while I guess.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Elite Fan

Thanx dukesmom. I'll try and catch WGN tonight.

A chapter or 2? Really. Guess that will give them several long seasons.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Thanx dukesmom. I'll try and catch WGN tonight.

A chapter or 2? Really. Guess that will give them several long seasons.
Well don't quote me--it's been four years since I picked up the books. Maybe someone who's read them more recently can clarify if I'm right.

I think they might be skipping some things unless we're still going to get to see the mud people.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

There's 5 books, yes, or something like that?

That's a few seasons right there. Especially given how big the books are, not like these serial fiction, 250 page books they've been putting out.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
There's 5 books, yes, or something like that?

That's a few seasons right there. Especially given how big the books are, not like these serial fiction, 250 page books they've been putting out.
11 books in total. I'm guessing we're going to get more condensing of certain chapters than others.