Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Total Fan

The article mentions they did it last year. I still want to know what "repurposed" means. Are they adding stuff, deleting stuff, rearranging stuff? Is it all just BS and nothing's different?
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

I'd also like to know what repurposed means too. I have never heard that term before. Just as several years ago none of us had heard of the then new term 'Reimagined'.

Any news for when season 2 starts?
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:27 AM
New Fan

Regarding what "repurposed" means: Generally, television series are contracted for broadcast on a specific network. When a network "repurposes" a series, it means that they're presenting it in a manner inconsistent with their original intent. Of course, repurposing can only be done with permission, which is pretty easy in the case of Kyle XY, since ABC actually owns the series itself. The series, itself, was intended to establish ABC Family as a network in its own right, with its own original programming. Repurposing it on ABC exposes the program to more viewers (roughly twice as many viewers watched the show on ABC last year than on ABC Family).

Philosophically, though, I wonder how much the repurposing is undercutting the original intention, i.e., establishing ABC Family as a network in its own right.

By the same token, since we have an HDTV, we were less likely to watch Kyle XY on ABC Family -- we'll surely watch it on ABC HD. Next year may be a different story: ABC Family will have its own HD channel, which hopefully we'll have access to.

Kyle XY Season 2 begins on ABC Family on June 11, and on ABC and ABC HD on June 15.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

So does this mean they might be making it directed at a more teen/adult audience for season 2 compared to season 1?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 PM
New Fan

No I don't think they're going to change the target audience at all, as a result.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey! I am so excited about the new season coming up a week from today! I wonder if they will show this season on ABC again on Fridays just like they did with the first one? Hmm...probably, it got them a lot more viewers. The commercials look fab! I cannot wait to see all the stuff they put together this season I hope it's just as good if not better than the first one!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Awww...no one comes to this thread? I am really excited about the new season tomorrow! I was hoping there would be people here to talk to about it. Bummer. Oh well. Yay it starts tomorrow! Everyone watch!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, some of us here discuss the show, it has been a long time since a new episode aired...
Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Total Fan

I caught about 10 minutes of the pilot episode yesterday during the marathon before I had to meet someone.

Kyle XY made TV Gal's list of highlights for this coming week:
Quote:
Highlights of the Week Ahead
All times listed are Eastern Time for June 11 to 17
ABC Family's hit series "Kyle XY" returns for its second season Monday at 8 p.m. Don't get the cable channel? Fret not, the episode will also air this Friday at 8 p.m. on ABC.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

My wife and I watch this. It's cheesy, but it goes well with wine. No, seriously, I like it. Wasn't surprised in the least by the ending of the second season. It was obvious that Kyle was going to go after her and that she was going to take advantage of his trust and betray him.
enigma777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Some really good news for Kyle XY fans. Also for Leah Cairns fans.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe I'll watch this since nothing else is going to be on...
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I recently got into this show, and love it. Ive seen the first season.. and i'm in the middle of getting the second.

I didn't think i would like it, but i was surprised when i did.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread