Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Invisible Man Appreciation Thread #1

There was this scifi show on SCIFI Channel that starred Vincent Ventrissi (I can't remember how his last name is spelled). Darian Fawkes is a career theif where he's sentenced to life under the three strike and you're out law. Then one day his brother bailed him out and where Darian agreed to have this gland implanted in the back of his head and Darian can turn invisible. It was a great and funny Scifi series until scifi cancelled it after two seasons. (2000-2002) I just don't understand why SCIFI would cancel such a good show! Was it ratings, price?

Anyway, I hope SCIFI would reconsider and bring back this show from the dead.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] an Invisble Man thread-yeah!!! I love I-Man. Vincent Ventresca is hot! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Bobby was [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] if just a little paranoid (That's right my friend)
Ooh...now you've got me on guttery type thoughts [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

House -- vote for it.
FawkesRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Greaso:
<STRONG> I just don't understand why SCIFI would cancel such a good show! Was it ratings, price?

Anyway, I hope SCIFI would reconsider and bring back this show from the dead.</STRONG>
There's been a fan campaign for that for over a year now. You can read about it at:
http://www.imaniacs.org

As far as why it was cancelled, I don't know if there's ever been an official explanation from Sci Fi. It happened before Universal/Vivendi bought Sci Fi and USA. The people who worked on the show were taken completely by surprise (as I understand from the Imaniacs). They'd been told they were in for at least the next two years, as IM was the second-most-watched show on Sci Fi, after Farscape. That's why the show ended rather abruptly; the writers didn't find out until after all but the last six eps had already aired that they'd have to wrap up the series.

Of the reasons I've read speculated, the one that made the most sense to me was that Sci Fi decided they'd rather spend the money on acquiring Stargate SG-1 from Showtime. They may not have known that Showtime wanted to sell the rights to produce new eps until after they'd told the IM crew that they would be renewed. But then Sci Fi has the money to spend on bilge like Tremors and Scare Tactics. So who knows.

It was definitely one of the more intelligent action series I've seen on tv. Here's a link to the virtual season three, which is up to 13 (fanfic) eps that attempt to address some of the loose ends left by IM's untimely demise:

Invisible Man Virtual Third Season
http://www.invisiblemanvs.com/

Here's another good site about the show to check out. Under Special Dispatches, it has the "Eberts Files", the behind-the-scenes stories about the filming of each ep that Mike MacCafferty, the actor who played Eberts, posted to the Sci Fi IM board every few weeks when the show was in production:

The Perseus Project
http://perseusproject.com/

(the name comes from a Greek legend about someone named Perseus who had a magic hat that made him invisible).

[ 04-26-2003: Message edited pixiedude ]
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pixiedude:
<STRONG>

...But then Sci Fi has the money to spend on bilge like Tremors and Scare Tactics. So who knows.

It was definitely one of the more intelligent action series I've seen on tv. Here's a link to the virtual season three, which is up to 13 (fanfic) eps that attempt to address some of the loose ends left by IM's untimely demise:

Invisible Man Virtual Third Season
http://www.invisiblemanvs.com/
</STRONG>
Some of the fanfic eps on there are pretty good.

And Scare Tactics and Tremors [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Ugh! You think Scifi wouldn't resurrect some of the most annoying things on earth.

House -- vote for it.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Loyal Fan

See that's what I can't understand. they will spend the money on crappy shows like Tremors & Scare Tactics but they won't keep shows like Farscape, Invisible Man, and First Wave that were good shows. I just don't understand what goes through their heads. I mean if you have to cut back some on the costs.. cut out a couple of characters or a little less special affects or something. I don't know.. I just think they could be saving the money they are wasting on Tremors & scare tactics to have Farscape continue on and bring back other real scifi shows.
Ladeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Power to the Scifi watchers! [img]smilies/cheers.gif[/img] They should listen to us more
But they should also get a [img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] for bringing in Shannen Doherty

House -- vote for it.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] no one's home

House -- vote for it.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just got my friend hooked on this show. I can believe it's no long on

[ 05-09-2003: Message edited Pixie Chic ]
Old 05-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Darian and Bobby as boyscouts... I can see Bobby in the woods without his meds-probably think the chipmunks or whatever were after him [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited TobAng ]

House -- vote for it.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Fortress of Solitude

I love all three of those shows (First Wave, Farscape and I-Men)!!! I just got hooked on I-Men and now I watch it every week on the Space channel!!! Is there a First Wave thread in this board somewhere???
Well you know how I feel"
[Kanan ღ Hera]
we are not alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:01 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked I-Man, but it's air schedule was even worse down here, not onli did we get behind, they just stopped playing it full stop, and it's almost the same with Farscape, except they show it here during the summer when the networks don't expect much ratings for the shows they broadcast.

- - Maroon 5 - -
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:13 AM
Fortress of Solitude

Poor you!!! Up here they play it the same time eery time!!! But sometimes they change the time its on here!!! grr [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
[Kanan ღ Hera]
Old 05-13-2003, 08:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, my Lord!!! An I-man thread!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in heaven!!

I just wrote Sci-Fi a letter about bringing back I-man (told them I have no hope of new series, which I don't) but I would love for them to bring it back as a re-run!! I did not get to see the first season!

I hated the fact that they brought in that new woman!!!
If they were having money problems; why bring in a new cast???!! Wouldn't the money be better spent on the show instead of the new woman!!!

THIS IS THEIR REPLY!

Thanks for your e-mail to the Sci Fi Programming Department. We
greatly appreciate all viewer input on the shows and movies we air.
Regrettably, the high volume of correspondence we now receive prevents
us from providing individual responses to each e-mail.

For programming information and other frequently asked questions, please
see our quarterly grid:
http://www.scifi.com/feed.html (US) http://www.scifi.com/sfeurope/sfecable.html (Europa)

our online ScheduleBot database:
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/

or our Sci Fi (US) Feedback FAQ:
http://www.scifi.com/feedback/FAQ1.html

If your question or comment was in reference to an online problem and not
related to any on-air issues, please e-mail:

bboard@www.scifi.com for problems relating to SCIFI.COM BBoard
members@www.scifi.com for problems relating to SCIFI.COM registration
or
tech@www.scifi.com for other technical problems

Thanks again for your feedback. Your comments are a valuable resource as
we plan the future of our network.

--
.eee.._:@$*e
.@$$$$$@. .e*' SCI FI
.,.O$$$$$$$O*'' _____________________________________________________
@* :*$$$$$*' http://www.scifi.com
'@$#*"''***'

Maybe if we bambard them with e-mails, we would get not ONLY re-runs BUT new series????

I miss them so much [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
China37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Fortress of Solitude

Space here in Canada does that to use sometimes too, I feel sorry for you because I get to watch the re-runs of I-Man!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
[Kanan ღ Hera]
Old 06-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by China37:
<STRONG>
THIS IS THEIR REPLY!

Thanks for your e-mail to the Sci Fi Programming Department. We greatly appreciate all viewer input on the shows and movies we air. Regrettably, the high volume of correspondence we now receive prevents
us from providing individual responses to each e-mail.
Thanks again for your feedback. Your comments are a valuable resource as we plan the future of our network.
</STRONG>
If they really listened to the viewers then we might actually still have some of my fav shows instead of stuff like Scare Tactics and cheesy scifi movies that nobody watches.

House -- vote for it.
Reply   Post New Thread