Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins #1 ~ Here’s some advice: Stay alive!

The Hunger Games trilogy is a young-adult adventure science fiction series written by Suzanne Collins. The trilogy consists of The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay, which was released on August 24, 2010. The first two books were each New York Times best sellers.

The Hunger Games trilogy consists of:

The Hunger Games: The Hunger Games takes place in an unidentified future time period after the destruction of North America, in a nation known as Panem. Panem consists of a rich Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts. As punishment for a previous rebellion against the Capitol, every year one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 from each district are selected at random and forced to participate in the Hunger Games, a televised event where the participants, or "tributes", must fight to the death in a dangerous outdoor arena until only one remains. The story follows fatherless 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, a girl from District 12 who volunteers for the 74th Games in place of her younger sister, Prim. Also participating from District 12 is Peeta Mellark, a boy whom Katniss knows from school and who once saved Katniss's life by giving her bread when her family was starving.

Catching Fire: After winning the Hunger Games in the previous novel, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark return home to District 12, a poor sector in the fictional country of Panem. On the day that Katniss and Peeta are to start a "victory tour" of the country, she is visited by President Snow. He explains that he is angry at her for threatening to commit suicide with Peeta at the end of the Hunger Games, which permitted them both to win. President Snow tells Katniss that when she defied the Capitol, she started a chain reaction and has created talk of rebellion in the districts. He threatens to kill her family and friends if she cannot prove to everyone in Panem that her act was not one of defiance, but that she was instead driven by an intense love for Peeta. After they return home to District 12, it is announced that for the 75th Hunger Games, 24 from the current pool of victors will be forced back into the arena to fight to the death, once again. This is in honor of the Quarter Quell, an event that occurs every 25th year of the Games, and allows the Capitol to introduce a twist. Knowing that she and Peeta will both be competing in the Games a second time.

Mockingjay: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

(With thanks to Wikipedia for the plot-description of Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and Amazon.com for Mockingjay).

Hunger Games fans:
1. Avatar
2. Stay to the Lights
3. Nad
4. greeneyeswe3tie
5. lisztomania
6. dancing in the rain
7. JMRamos
8. sourburst

Last edited by Meliana; 11-28-2017 at 02:10 PM
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds good.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread, Dan

This series is definitely one of my faves lately, can't wait to read Mockingjay Hopefully Amazon will get it to me soonish Reading the ebook is a bit tiresome.

Chrissy, I think you should definitely give it a try
Old 08-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love this series

I have Mockingjay just need to read it. Im doing a re-read of Catching Fire
Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

Shall we add a fan list to the opening post?
Old 08-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

good idea!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar (View Post)
Shall we add a fan list to the opening post?
Sure thing Feel free to add me if you start one.

Finished Mockingjay last night, since I'm sure I missed a few things during my ebook read, I need to re-read it once I've got my copy.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finished Mockingjay last night. It was a great book. Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler:

Its sad this series had to end, but its one i will never forget and one that will be my all time favourites.
Its funny because in the beginning I didn't know if I would like this series or not. Then I read the first book and I feel in love with it.
The books are so addicting that you can't help but love and be captivated with them.

I am looking forward to see how they do the movies.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I have to say...
Spoiler:
Old 09-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

So everyone seems to love Mockingjay? That's good! I still haven't received my copy.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nad,

Spoiler:
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar (View Post)
I still haven't received my copy.
Aw Waiting for books is such a pain, hope it arrives soon

Jen:
Spoiler:
Old 09-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh, this is on my 'to buy' and then 'to read' list. Maybe this thread is the kick I need to get around to both! I'm so tempted to read the spoiler-y parts.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Just came across this site: The Hunger Games - Home | .
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link, Dan I'll make sure to check the site out over the weekend

Did you have a chance to read 'Mockingjay' in the meantime?