Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

HEROES Appreciation #1 ~ Coming to NBC Sept. 24: Heroes Reborn

HEROES / HEROES REBORN

Also: Heroes Reborn - NBC.com

HEROES ~ SHOW DESCRIPTION: Produced by NBC/Universal/Tailwind. Drama, Action/Adventure, Science-Fiction series.
It is a serial saga about people all over the world discovering that they have superpowers and trying to deal with how this change affects their lives. Not only are they discovering what having superpowers means to them but also the larger picture of where their superpowers come from. Eventually their superpowers draw them together when they try to evade the series' antagonist who wants to harness their super-DNA for himself.

(from NBC's press release) They thought they were like everyone else...until they woke with incredible powers. In Japan, a lowly office worker can teleport at will. In New York, a struggling artist can paint the future. In Los Angeles, a discontented beat cop can hear the thoughts of others. Heroes chronicles the lives of these people, and the lives of others like them …quot; whose destiny just might be the saving of humankind...but first they must come to grips with their newfound powers. This original, edge-of-your-seat thriller will make you wonder if there really are heroes among us.

CAST
  • Milo Ventimiglia (Bedford Diaries, Rocky VI) as Peter Petrelli
  • Adrian Pasdar (David Bradley on "Desperate Housewives") as Nathan Petrelli
  • Ali Larter (Clear Rivers on "Final Destination 2") as Niki Sanders
  • Greg Grunberg (Eric Weiss on "Alias") as Matt Parkman
  • Hayden Panettiere (Veronica 'Ronnie' Dewing on "the Book of Daniel") as Claire Bennet
  • Leonard Roberts (Forrest Gates on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as D.L. Hawkins
  • Masi Oka (Franklyn on "Scrubs") as Hiro Nakamura
  • Noah Gray-Cabey (Franklin Aloysius Mumford on "My Wife and Kids") as Micah Sanders
  • Santiago Cabrera (ii) (Octavius on "Empire") as Diego Medina
  • Sendhil Ramamurthy (guest star on "Numb3rs") as Mohinder Suresh
  • Tawny Cypress (Nina Calvo on "Jonny Zero") as Simone Deveraux

Main cast

Jack Coleman as Noah Bennet
Gatlin Green as Emily
Ryan Guzman as Carlos
Robbie Kay as Tommy
Rya Kihlstedt as Erica
Zachary Levi as Luke Collins
Judith Shekoni as Joanne
Kiki Sukezane as Miko Otomo
Danika Yarosh as Malina
Henry Zebrowski as Quentin Frady

Quote:
HEROES REBORN ~ ABOUT THE SHOW:

From Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring, who imagined NBC's original critically acclaimed 2006 "Heroes" series, comes "Heroes Reborn," an epic 13-episode event series that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.

A year ago, a terrorist attack in Odessa, Texas left the city decimated. Blamed for the tragic event, those with extraordinary abilities are in hiding or on the run from those with nefarious motives.

Two such vigilantes include Luke (Zachary Levi, "Chuck") and Joanne (Judith Shekoni, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2"), who are seeking to avenge a tragic loss.

Noah Bennet, aka HRG (Jack Coleman, "Heroes"), has gone off the grid, but conspiracy theorist Quentin Frady (Henry Zebrowski, "A to Z") finds him and opens his eyes to the truth behind the Odessa tragedy.

While in hiding, some are discovering their newfound skills. Awkward teen Tommy (Robbie Kay, "Once Upon a Time") just wants to be normal and win the girl of his dreams, Emily (Gatlin Green, "Criminal Minds"), but normalcy is virtually impossible after learning of a new ability that terrifies him. Coming from a very sheltered upbringing, a bold and ethereal teenager, Malina (Danika Yarosh, "Shameless"), has been told she is destined for greatness. In Tokyo, a quiet and unique young woman, Miko (Kiki Sukezane, "Death Yankee 3"), is trying to track down her missing father while hiding an extraordinary secret that will make her a force to be reckoned with. Elsewhere, a different type of hero is emerging through former soldier Carlos (Ryan Guzman, "The Boy Next Door").

Meanwhile, Erica (Rya Kihlstedt, "Masters of Sex"), the head of the highly successful tech conglomerate Renautas has an agenda of her own.

For better or for worse, some are fated to cross paths with assorted heroes of the past, including Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka), Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg), Mohinder Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy) and the Haitian (Jimmy Jean-Louis), among others. Yet, together, their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world and mankind.

Joining Kring are Executive Producers James Middleton ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") and Peter Elkoff ("Sons of Anarchy"). "Heroes Reborn" is produced by Imperative Entertainment, in association with Universal Television.

Source: Heroes Reborn - NBC.com
A preview video clip of Heroes can be downloaded at nbc.com HERE

For some screen caps, links, and more info, please visit the first post of Milo's Heroes thread HERE.

Last edited by Lutesse; 07-28-2015 at 08:43 AM
Old 06-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm excited for this show!!

The opening post looks great.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Banned

This show fits more into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category. So I'm moving it to the Sci-Fi/Fantasy board.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait for this show to start.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

I want to see a better preview of this show.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

can't wait for the show!!! i love milo!!!!!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 06-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

It sounds a lot like the 4400 but without the abduction part.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 06-12-2006, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

^Exactly my thoughts too.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Passionate Fan

well, this is the first I've heard of this show. Thanks for the heads up! I'm a sucker for the 'discover your powers' plot...it speaks to my inner comic book geek.

I just wish they had come up with a more imaginative ad picture. Posing for a group photo in front of a stormy skyline isn't that original or eyecatching. However, nice to see that Ali Larter is in this. I've been wondering when I would see her in another genre project.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this up, Kelly!

I'm really excited for this show to air! I think it has everything to become a hit. Intrigue, excitement, drama, great plot/characters, mystery, etc. everything a tv show ought to be really. I'm also confident the show won't be cheesy in any way, it will be well written, produced and acted. I'm so glad I'll be seeing Milo and Greg every week, as well as Ali and Hayden and the rest.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

This is one of the few upcoming NBC shows that I'm interested in watching. I have yet to see a preview, but I've seen a couple positive reviews for the first episode.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

This show sounds pretty interesting
Old 06-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

I'm scared for this show....there are just SO many ways it can go wrong....and it's NBC...but I like the cast.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Supreme Fan

This sounds great! Awesome cast. Santiago Cabrera is such a hottie
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
I'm scared for this show....there are just SO many ways it can go wrong....and it's NBC...but I like the cast.

ABC is the king of screwing up shows I like, but I know exactly what you mean. They've got a good cast though, so maybe that will help draw in viewers.