Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Grimm (NBC) #1 ~ It's a world in which characters inspired by Grimms' Fairy Tales exist!

Grimm is a new drama series inspired by the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales. Portland homicide Detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli, "Turn The Beat Around") discovers he is descended from an elite line of criminal profilers known as "Grimms," charged with keeping balance between humanity and the mythological creatures of the world.

As he tries to hide the dangers of his new found calling from his girlfriend, Juliette Silverton, (Bitsie Tulloch, "quarterlife"), and his partner, Hank Griffin (Russell Hornsby, "Lincoln Heights"), he becomes ever more entrenched in the ancient rivalries and alliances of the Grimm world.

With help from his confidant, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell, "Prison Break"), a reformed Grimm creature himself, Nick must navigate through the forces of a larger-than-life mythology, facing off with Hexenbiests, Blutbads and all manner of ancient evils, including royal lines dating back to the original profilers themselves, The Grimm Brothers. Reggie Lee ("Persons Unknown") and Sasha Roiz ("Caprica") also star.

Last edited by Lutesse; 12-01-2014 at 09:28 PM
Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe there wasn't a thread for this.

I love this show.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)

I love this show.
Are you up to date Jen?

Dan, thanks for starting the thread. Good idea!

I have only seen the pilot so far - seemed interesting. Is it renewed for a second season already?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

It has been renewed

I am just an episode behind.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)

I love this show.
ABSOLUTELY!

I'm up-to-date and soooo glad that NBC had the sense to renew it for a second season. (NBC rarely uses common sense when it comes to its own series! )

The description of the show doesn't ACCURATELY portray the series. People will think it's a 'once-a-week fight the supernatural being show' (à la Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc.). BUT it's not just that.....the writers have planned not just the first season, but also the second season (yes, this early on) and therefore have introduced a great backstory --- or rather MYTHOLOGY to the show. There's A LOT going on in various subplots...and a little gets added on too with each new episode. The writers are NOT leaving us hanging --- instead they're leaving us wanting more...it's really wonderful to see how much was planned beforehand.

There's also great characterization & relationships ....I the relationship between Nick & Monroe!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

I also love the addition of Rosalee (the new shop owner) & her developing relationship with Monroe.

Oh, almost forgot to mention....every episode NEEDS to have Sergeant Wu fainting! WONDERFUL comedic timing by Reggie Lee.

And may I add one more thing that every episode SHOULD have....Captain Renard speaking French. Oh Sasha Roiz, thank you for growing up in Montreal.....

It's hard to describe the show...I think if you love Supernatural or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you'll love this show....great sense of humour & horror....EXCELLENT blend.

Frankly, I think it's better than Once Upon a Time (which I'm still enjoying --- it's just not 'dark enough' for me).

P.S., Andie, you really should give the show a try! It's that good!

Last edited by Lynea; 04-18-2012 at 03:31 PM
Old 04-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynea (View Post)
:
P.S., Andie, you really should give the show a try! It's that good!
Thanks for the rec - considering our shared love for Richard I am trusting your rec

How many episodes are left this season? Maybe I can give it a go over the summer months.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie (View Post)
Thanks for the rec - considering our shared love for Richard I am trusting your rec

How many episodes are left this season? Maybe I can give it a go over the summer months.
You're welcome Andie....but that's a lot of pressure --- putting our mutual love of RA on the line....well, if there's one man who can bring people together -- he'd be the one.

There are definitely 3 upcoming (puts the total to 21) but I believe the 1st season is a full 22 episodes. The second season will be 22 episodes.

Hope you can give it a try over the summer.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 PM
New Fan

Awesome show! Have been watching ep 1- 18 in the past two days. Literally just finished ep 18. I'm kinda curious about Nick's Reaction when he fnds out about Renard
Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaearhel (View Post)
Awesome show! Have been watching ep 1- 18 in the past two days. Literally just finished ep 18. I'm kinda curious about Nick's Reaction when he fnds out about Renard
Welcome to and especially the sci-fi board

Lynea, I guess you don't have to wait til the summer... me being not able to sleep certainly is helping

2 questions:
1) Do we know what the Captain is?
2) How did Rosalee know about the guy for fake passports? I mean she looked confused about her brother having fake ids in the first place?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
2 questions:
1) Do we know what the Captain is?
2) How did Rosalee know about the guy for fake passports? I mean she looked confused about her brother having fake ids in the first place?
Andie! You're making me feel like I'm back in school, but I'll give it a try, anyway:

1) We don't know specifically, who (or what) the Captain is. My guess is he is human --- since Nick has been around him and has never seen him 'wear' a different face --- but belongs to one of the 7 families. He is of royal lineage --- but somehow lost his power and is determined to get it back. Apparently having a Grimm on his side will help him regain power....that's why in some instances he has 'helped' Nick (although Nick is unaware of it).

2) Good question.....in her first episode (episode 15) though, it's revealed she's had a bit of a 'shady past' and knows certain people....she has connections to some shady characters....like brother, like sister, I guess!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for starting the thread on this board.

If you like the show, feel free to join us on the Campaign.

As for the Captain, I don't think he's human, he's def. a Wesen, but a special one.
I assume being a member of one of the 7 royal families makes him kind of "invisible" for Nick, for now.

Anyways, this show keeps getting better and better.
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynea (View Post)
Andie! You're making me feel like I'm back in school, but I'll give it a try, anyway:

1) We don't know specifically, who (or what) the Captain is. My guess is he is human --- since Nick has been around him and has never seen him 'wear' a different face --- but belongs to one of the 7 families. He is of royal lineage --- but somehow lost his power and is determined to get it back. Apparently having a Grimm on his side will help him regain power....that's why in some instances he has 'helped' Nick (although Nick is unaware of it).

2) Good question.....in her first episode (episode 15) though, it's revealed she's had a bit of a 'shady past' and knows certain people....she has connections to some shady characters....like brother, like sister, I guess!
Thanks for answering

In regards to 2) Maybe she had heard of him. It just fekt weird overall... with her saying her brother had sent her, yet the guy knew her brother was dead etc.

Any thoughts on last nights episode? Personally I thought Nick was a tad too good with his new weapons even though they worked really hard and showing us that he invested time in training.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think the captain is human, but I think he has learnt to be able to hide who he truly is somehow.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Any thoughts on last nights episode? Personally I thought Nick was a tad too good with his new weapons even though they worked really hard and showing us that he invested time in training.
The thread has slowed down a bit apparently...from a few weeks ago when Nick took out the two reapers....ITA he did seem to suddenly gain some amazing flexilbility during that battle. But than again his Aunt Marie was in her final days and still could put up a bit of a fight...I guess Grimm's have innate physical abilities as well (strength? flexibility perhaps?). As for Nick's ability to see one's true appearance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorith (View Post)
As for the Captain, I don't think he's human, he's def. a Wesen, but a special one.
I assume being a member of one of the 7 royal families makes him kind of "invisible" for Nick, for now.
I have waited all season long for the Captain to be revealed --- but he has not. That's why I can only assume (for now) that he's (somewhat) human. Unless they explain why he is "cloaked" from Nick's vision --- it really does not make sense. Nick sees the Captain almost everyday. It's not like he runs into him once in awhile. He is bound to have come across him when he's agitated or stressed; but most notably, when the Captain was possessed by the coins --- he was in his natural element --- the great leader that he once was. If at any moment Nick should have seen the Captain's true appearance --- that would have been the moment --- but it was not. The writer's will have to have a good explanation as to why Nick has not been able to see his true form all this time....perhaps in the season finale, we may finally get some answers (not a spoiler, just guessing!)
Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Just a reminder for everyone to join the campaign for an official board to be created for this show
Closed Thread   Post New Thread