Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

If anyone is interested, the new Flash Gordon remake is going to debut on August 10th.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
...22nd Annual Imagen Awards, which recognizes movies and television shows offering a positive portrayal of the Hispanic community.

On the big screen, Imagen singled out Guillermo Del Toro's acclaimed surrealist film Pan's Labyrinth, about a young girl who seeks solace in fairy tales to survive life in fascist Spain.

Pan's Labyrinth was awarded Best Picture, Mexican-born helmer Del Toro received Best Director and handing Best Actress to his 13-year-old leading lady Ivana Baquero.
Why does this board sometimes hate me?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

The board hates you? Boggle.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Total Fan

Yep, hatesssss me. Sometimes it tells me there's an error with my post but after I click on okay and refresh a couple of times, there's my post. Other times it tells me I don't have enough characters in my post but I've got an entire quote so I have to add something, anything, to get it to post. Then there are the times it just won't open a thread for me in a reasonable amount of time, or at all. Very frustrating.

Anyway, here is a new review: `Stardust' fun fairy tale for grown-ups - Yahoo! News
Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

Did you upgrade to IE7 by chance?

I saw Stardust last Friday (sneak peek). I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Very entertaining, with Robert De Niro taking a large slice of that pie.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Total Fan

I only use IE for sites that still won't work with Firefox. The problems mostly occur in early evening.

"Watchmen" adds Gugino as do-gooder - Yahoo! News
Old 08-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hrm, I've been getting similar problems with IE7....just trying to see if it was browser incompatibility.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom (View Post)
Sometimes it tells me there's an error with my post but after I click on okay and refresh a couple of times, there's my post.
That happens to me too, I just click on 'Okay', copy to be safe if it's a long post, refresh and it's usually there.

Quote:
Other times it tells me I don't have enough characters in my post but I've got an entire quote so I have to add something, anything, to get it to post.
That's deliberate to force people to add something and not just post a quote.

Quote:
Then there are the times it just won't open a thread for me in a reasonable amount of time, or at all. Very frustrating.
Is it the same time every day? Could be you're trying to post during a scheduled automatic maintenance time.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
That happens to me too, I just click on 'Okay', copy to be safe if it's a long post, refresh and it's usually there.
I know, but it's annoying. I work with annoying people all day and would like something less annoying once in a while.

Quote:
That's deliberate to force people to add something and not just post a quote.
Totally understandable except sometimes the quote speaks for itself or I'm in a hurry and want to get the information out.

Quote:
Is it the same time every day? Could be you're trying to post during a scheduled automatic maintenance time.
Wish I could say it was. Some of these problems may be on my end - could be heavy use in the office.

Anyway, new news:

'Stardust' Director to Hammer out 'Thor' - Matthew Vaughn also directed 'Layer Cake' - Zap2it

not a glowing review of Stardust and includes some spoilers not in any other review I've seen: Not So Bright - 'Stardust' Fails the Test of the Best Fantasies - Zap2it

Let's Go, Voltron! - Yahoo! News

Not a glowing review of Skinwalkers: "Skinwalkers" a toothless werewolf fiasco - Yahoo! News

"Die Hard" director hatches "Escape" remake - Yahoo! News

Also, probably no surprise to anyone: "Painkiller Jane" put to sleep at Sci Fi - Yahoo! News

2 different reviews of Invasion:
Four directors later, "Invasion" hits theaters - Yahoo! News
and
`Invasion' feels rushed, lacks suspense - Yahoo! News

On-line SciFi series: Dawson named lead detective in "Gemini" unit - Yahoo! News 100 three minute episodes?

New 'Fantastic Voyage' Gets a Director - Roland Emmerich, of "Independence Day" fame, will direct - Zap2it

Dakota Fanning Develops 'Push' Powers - Chris Evans, Camilla Belle and Djimon Hounsou also cast - Zap2it

'The Spirit' Moves Scarlett Johansson - Actress also has roles in "He's Just Not That Into You" and "Mary Queen of Scots" lined up - Zap2it - The Spirit info is about halfway through the article.

How many times can you edit a post?

Former model in gear for "Death Race" remake - Yahoo! News

Eva Mendes moved to join "Spirit" - Yahoo! News

Last edited by dukesmom; 08-22-2007 at 10:15 AM
Old 08-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Ok, this is not really Sci-Fi news...but it could affect us SF/F fans in the near future so it's worth a read.

Quote:
From Nielsen

Participate in our soon-to-launch website, HeyNielsen.com. Coming later this year, HeyNielsen.com is an interactive and fun environment where you can provide feedback on your favorite entertainment (tv, movies, etc). Nielsen, in turn, may share it with the companies responsible for those entertainment products. Furthermore, users who give rich, insightful, and frequent feedback may be asked to participate in other surveys and webcam interviews for tv, movies, and commercials.
Translation? It means all those fans of low rated shows(*cough* Sci-Fi/F) will have the chance to boost the popularity of their fave show by submitting positive opinions & ratings. This will apply to music, movies & internet as well since Nielsen monitors those too. The information will then be shared/sold to clients(eg. studios, networks, advertisers etc...) So yeah, this could be a good thing for all those viewers who have long complained that ratings alone don't refelect what the public is really watching.

Right now Hey Nielsen! is only in the "employees only" beta stage but you can still read the main page & blog. Public beta testing will begin sometime in September, so if you sign up now they might invite you to try it out. I've been participating in the employee beta testing and IMO the site has potential but the layout needs some tweaking & more bells & whistles. We've been told they will upgrade soon based on tester feedback so hopefully the site will be improved by the time it goes public.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the update scoobygang.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Total Fan

Found a list of upcoming movies and have tried to reduce it to just SF/F:
Quote:
Late August-September:

HALLOWEEN: Rob Zombie retells the story of John Carpenter's serial killer Michael Myers. With Malcolm McDowell.

RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION: Milla Jovovich fights zombies in the third flick based on the video game.

ROMANCE & CIGARETTES: John Turturro directs and co-stars in a working-class musical fantasy. With James Gandolfini, Susan Sarandon and Kate Winslet.

October:

THE GOOD NIGHT: A musician in a failing relationship meets the perfect woman — in his dreams. With Gwyneth Paltrow, Penelope Cruz and Martin Freeman.

HITMAN: Timothy Olyphant stars in a video-game adaptation about a genetically engineered assassin.

LARS AND THE REAL GIRL: A shy man (Ryan Gosling) finally meets the woman of his dreams — a life-size doll.

MARTIAN CHILD: A widowed sci-fi writer (John Cusack) adopts a boy claiming to come from Mars. With Amanda Peet and Joan Cusack.

SAW IV: The horror franchise is resurrected with another tale of killer Jigsaw's grisly plots.

SLIPSTREAM: Anthony Hopkins directs and stars in a surreal tale of a screenwriter whose characters manifest themselves in his real life.

WRISTCUTTERS: A LOVE STORY: People who've killed themselves find hope in an afterlife of dreary jobs. With Patrick Fugit, Shannyn Sossamon and Tom Waits.

November:

BEOWULF: Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins and Ray Winstone star in the Norse legend of the warrior who battles Grendel and his mother. Robert Zemeckis directs.

ENCHANTED: A fairy-tale princess (Amy Adams) is banished by a wicked queen (Susan Sarandon) from her magical realm to modern Manhattan.

MR. MAGORIUM'S WONDER EMPORIUM: Dustin Hoffman plays the mysterious proprietor of a magic toy shop. With Natalie Portman.

STEPHEN KING'S THE MIST: Director Frank Darabont's third King adaptation centers on small-town survivors battling creatures that emerge from a mysterious mist.

December:

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR: REQUIEM: Sci-fi beasties square off again in a sequel to "Alien Vs. Predator."

THE GOLDEN COMPASS: Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig are featured in a fantasy about a girl trying to save her friend in an alternate reality.

I AM LEGEND: The remake of "The Omega Man" stars Will Smith as a human survivor of a plague that has turned people into ravenous night creatures.

THE ORPHANAGE: A woman's plan to reopen an orphanage takes dark twists after her son takes up with an "invisible friend" living there.

THE WATER HORSE: LEGEND OF THE DEEP: A boy who finds an enchanted egg is hurtled into a fantastical adventure. With Emily Watson.
and DVD release for this week:
Quote:
"Heroes: Season 1" — A genetics professor discovers that a group of ordinary people around the world are developing super powers in the hit series, whose first 23 episodes come in seven-disc DVD or HD DVD sets. Extras include an extended cut of the pilot episode, deleted and extended scenes and segments on the show's special effects, stunts and music. DVD set, $59.98; HD DVD $99.98. (Universal)

"Masters of Horror: Season 1" — Big-screen fear-mongers such as John Carpenter, John Landis, Tobe Hooper and Dario Argento direct episodes of this horror anthology series, whose first 13 episodes come in a 14-disc set packaged to resemble a mausoleum. Extras include commentary and interviews with cast and crew. DVD set, $79.97. (Anchor Bay)

"Dangermouse: The Complete Series" — The complete adventures of the superhero rodent are gathered in a nine-disc set with all 89 episodes of the animated series from the 1980s and '90s. Extras include the unaired original pilot episode. DVD set, $89.95. (A&E)

Fox flies with alien sitcom - Yahoo! News

The Rock Climbs 'Witch Mountain' - Did the world need a sequel to "Escape to Witch Mountain"? Yes. Apparently. - Zap2it

'The Earth Stood Still' for Keanu Reeves - "Matrix" star channels his inner alien - Zap2it

Fox show bears odd resemblance to book - Yahoo! News

Last edited by dukesmom; 08-30-2007 at 10:45 AM
Old 09-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

So, has anyone seen the trailer for AVP: Requim yet?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

They're making more Aliens vs Predator? Wasn't one enough?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Hell's no! Did you see the end? There was Pred-alien popping up....it's gotta be dealt with!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread