Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

sum1, maybe create a BSG unappreciation thread or BSG hatred thread? Then maybe the other haters of BSG will come out of the woodwork.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Total Fan

Both items from tvguide.com:

Harry Potter Orders New Death Eater
The BBC's Newsround is reporting that with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix cast member Helen McCrory now expecting a baby, the role of Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange will instead be played by Helena Bonham Carter, who until this point was the only living British actor not already a part of the franchise's latest entry.

Ridley's Blade Gets One More Cut
Now that assorted and sundry rights issues have been settled by the lawyers, Warner Home Video is planning a September reissue of the "director's cut" of Ridley Scott's 1982 noir-fi thriller Blade Runner, Variety reports. That restored edition will only be available for four months, at which time Blade Runner: Final Cut – an even newer edit promised to be Scott's final, final take – will hit theaters for a limited 25th anniversary run.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Ridley Scott is now as bad as George Lucas!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't mind seeing Blade Runner on the big screen again, especially if they can do it in 5.1 or 7.1.

Rachel, that's for posting....you beat me to it....I'll re-iterate this, cuz I've said it many times before....BONNIE HAMMER IS THE DEVIL!

In better news....the Dragonriders of Pern has been optioned for the silver screen. I hope they don't mess it up.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

I love Blade Runner, it's one of the first DVDs I ever owned, but I'm seriously lost now as to how many versions there are any what the differences are between them.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
In better news....the Dragonriders of Pern has been optioned for the silver screen. I hope they don't mess it up.
That is awesome! They better not mess it up.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
In better news....the Dragonriders of Pern has been optioned for the silver screen. I hope they don't mess it up
That is awesome! They better not mess it up.
I third that sentiment. While the technology exists now to make decent films out of the books, I cannot help feeling that typical Hollywood changes will be made to the characters and storylines and I will not recognize the results.

Other news:
Night Stalker creator Frank Spotnitz and series stars Stuart Townsend and Gabrielle Union will autograph DVD boxed sets of the first season Tuesday at 9 pm/PT, at the Best Buy in West Hollywood, Calif.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

If memor serves, there are three versions of the movie....there's the American Version which was initially released. There is the "International Edition" shown outside of North America, which was later listed as the "Director's cut" on DVD/VHS. This will be the real "Director's Cut", or so they say.

Why do they only do this in California? Can't they come to Saint Louis and autograph some stuff for me?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Total Fan

Both from tvguide.com (with some of the snark edited)

Superman Returns... Two Days Early
Warner Bros. Pictures has decided to fly Superman Returns into theaters two days sooner than planned — Wednesday, June 28 — effectively giving the potential blockbuster a seven-day, Fourth of July opening weekend.

Batwoman a Superlesbian?
When Batwoman returns to the DC Comics universe in July, she will be a lesbian, a move that has stirred debate amongst diehards. Explaining how the character's new sexual orientation is part of a larger plan to diversify its roster of superheroes, DC vice president Dan DiDio tells the New York Daily News, "We want to look at the world around us and strike a more contemporary tone."
Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom
Batwoman a Superlesbian?
When Batwoman returns to the DC Comics universe in July, she will be a lesbian, a move that has stirred debate amongst diehards. Explaining how the character's new sexual orientation is part of a larger plan to diversify its roster of superheroes, DC vice president Dan DiDio tells the New York Daily News, "We want to look at the world around us and strike a more contemporary tone."
What about Batman being gay? Shouldn't they be doing that? That's been obvious for ages.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Babylon 5 was the biggest load of crap ever to grace the term 'Science-Fiction' *Runs*
Old 06-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton
Babylon 5 was the biggest load of crap ever to grace the term 'Science-Fiction' *Runs*
Nonsense.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

Not so, just my opinion.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Bitterness thread JC....*Smack* Pfft.

As for Batwoman...lets face it, is it going to matter? The comics are about crime fighting...she's going to look and act just like every other crime fighter....so it's just a label, more or less. If they're going to do it, might as well make it in a book about her so we can delve into her lifestyle....since this is going to be in the 52 weeks book, doubt that will happen. sniff.

Thanks for the news Dukesmom. Still won't be seeing Superman Returns until the weekend anyway. Read a funny review about the Omen remake though. I don't even want to rent the movie any more.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Total Fan

More stuff from TV Guide’s summer preview issue (I have edited out a little bit of the silliness):

Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King Premieres 7/12, 9/8c, TNT Need to chill those bones this summer? TNT’s eight hour-long tales from horror master Stephen King, featuring stars like Kim Delaney and Steven Weber, should do the trick.

Hex Thursday, 10/9c, BBC America The two-hour premiere of this intriguing new supernatural drama introduces an outcast girl at an elite English boarding school who suddenly finds herself cursed with magical powers and threatened by a band of fallen angels. Aimed at older teens and young adults more than kids, it’s a darker, British take on Buffy the Vampire Slayer that contains some frank sexual references and bits of nudity.

Who Wants to Be a Superhero? Premieres 7/27, 9/8c, Sci Fi Channel “Basically, we’re giving away immortality,” teases executive producer Scott Satin. Fanboys and –girls pitch their own superhero to comic-book legend Stan Lee in the hopes of appearing in his or her very own comic book and Sci Fi movie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread