Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
New Fan

Future of the computer

I've posted a new article : What will become of the computer in the future? Us and the computer of tomorrow - Portland sci-fi | Examiner.com Thanks for your surpport!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:21 PM
New Fan

Fantasy book

Hi, I'm just got done reading Books of Umber book 3

_________

http://www.examiner.com/sci-fi-in-portland/nick-lang
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 PM
New Fan

Top 10 sci-fi planets

Hi all! Sorry it's been a while. Here's a new article counting down the top 10 sci-fi planets. What's your fav? http://www.examiner.com/article/top-10-sci-fi-planets Let me know. Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 AM
New Fan

A Favour... from Remembering 'Alien'

Hello Everyone,

We have a favour to ask of you, and we hope you won’t mind us asking it here.

Last week four of us (Kate Egan (Aberystwyth University), Martin Barker, Sarah Ralph and Tom Phillips (University of East Anglia)) launched a research project. We are trying to capture people’s memories of watching the film Alien, from anyone and anywhere in the world.

It may seem an odd thing to emphasise, but this project is entirely self-funded. Ten years ago, Kate and Martin applied for funding for a much bigger version, but it got turned down. That happens. But what really irked was one referee’s comment, that Alien simply wasn’t worth spending time studying. That dismissal made us even more determined to do it! What we’re doing now is a version stripped down to what could be managed without funding support.

The favour, then, is simply to ask you to tell other people you know about this, by copying this message out to friends, colleagues etc, to any email lists to which you belong, or by posting the survey address to other web forums, Facebook pages, or whatever. And, of course, fill in the survey yourself, if you’ve seen the film – whatever your response to it.

The survey’s web address is: www.remembering-alien.org.

Thanks, hopefully, in advance.

Kate, Martin, Sarah and Tom.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

How Many Houses Would Fit Into the Death Star?

Hi guys. Newbie here! Thought Star Wars fans would be into some research I did! I looked at how many houses it would take to fill up the Death Star. Quite a lot! Check it out: That's No Moon: How many houses could fit in the Death Star?

enjoy!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:18 PM
New Fan

Sci-fi'ish film share

Hi hi hi

I made this little video, mostly for fashion peeps, but I thought some fellow sci-fi fans would enjoy it as well, since there is some overlap!

Thanks for looking - this forum is awesome.

Click
Old 01-05-2013, 01:54 PM
New Fan

Make dreams real article

Hi, just saw the JL line up. Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonderwoman, Aquraman. Looks good, except for the Aquraman. It won't come out until 2015 though.

Anyway. I wrote an article you guys might be intrested in. Scientis have found a way to read drems. Dream device

Thanks for reading
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 PM
New Fan

History of Six sci-fi ideas

Hi, how's everyone doing? I just posted an article Six sci-fi tech ideas

Hope you like it
Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
New Fan

Real Teleportation like on "Jumper" movie! What´s your opinion?

Amazing stuff from Youtube! What´s your opinion?

((((ALIEN TELEPORTATION LIVE ON TV)))) - BRAZIL - UFO 2012 - ET BILÚ - YouTube
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Would be sweet
Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 PM
New Fan

Batman Tech

Calling all Bat fans! Take a look at the tech and gadgets that Batman uses in this two part article

Batman Tech

Thanks
Old 05-20-2013, 03:47 PM
New Fan

MUST SEE!!! Star wars fan! Goes crazy to JJ abrams

Star wars fan goes a little above and beyond at JJ abrams and Kathleen Kennedy! Star wars fans love it

First audition for Star Wars Episode VII video. - YouTube
Old 05-25-2013, 12:31 AM
New Fan

Distant Skies - A collaborative sci-fi project

They came from the darkness between stars, without warning and without mercy.

The Galaxy is filled with life. Our ancestors once thought that we were alone in the cosmos, merely because all we heard was silence in our little corner of space. We were young, and our race was foolish in believing that any extraterrestrial life would be benevolent.

Our ancestors fled Earth, and settled in remote systems. Centuries later, our second encounter with a sentient alien species ushered humanity into an alliance with a number of other races...

We're currently looking for writers and artists to join us in developing and illustrating the setting. If you're interested in becoming part of this project, check out our blog:

Distant Skies
Old 06-15-2013, 03:37 PM
New Fan

Fantasy articles : Where magic started

Hi, just letting everyone know about my new Fantasy articles So come and check it out. Didn't know where else to put this
Old 08-03-2013, 05:45 PM
New Fan

Magical weapons part 1

Hi, Hope everyone's summer is magical, speaking of, I wrote an article of Magical weapons. Come check it out

Magical weapons
Closed Thread   Post New Thread