Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylvan (View Post)
When they were chanting "King in the North!" I had flashes of the Red Wedding and a gut reaction of "Oh no, it's happening again! Nooo!"
There was a BTS type video regarding this, with the producers, that said this association was intentional and that they meant to make the audience feel uneasy. So that just makes me feel much better...not.

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

The Vipers and the Queen of Thorns are on team Targaryen now. Oh boy

And is Jaime finally going to realize that the woman he loved never existed or that she's been gone a long time or...?

Speaking of Doomed Lannister love. Tyrion is falling for Daenerys now, right?

Quote:
So the Frey's are destroyed. So I wonder if Arya will be going to Winterfell next season, or is she going to finish getting her vengeance (Cersei)? There will hopefully be another Stark reunification next season. I cannot WAIT to see Jon and Arya together again.
I don't know if that will happen. The Arya Stark they knew died a long time ago. She's something else entirely now. And I do think she'll be the one killing Cersei.

Quote:
Wow, Cersei is really nuts and really, really ruthless. She has to be the next one to be knocked - fatally - off her high horse.
That's the thing with Cersei. For two seasons, I've wanted the Sparrow dead and I was rooting for her... and then she goes and does it in such a way that makes it impossible to rejoice about it.

Quote:
I'm VERY pleased to finally see Daenerys sailing for Westeros, it has felt like forever that she has been dithering over in Meereen and area. Judging by how long it takes people to travel these days, she should be arriving on their shores in 7x01
Air Dragons is very fast

Quote:
I knew the reveal about Jon's mother was coming, but I was a bit surprised they didn't reveal who his father is - which I think is pretty obvious. I guess they want to drag that storyline out a little longer.
most people I talked to about the show are quite clueless about the significance of that scene so I think they'll go back to that next season.

Quote:
I kept hoping Sansa would just stab Littlefinger in the Godswood scene and save the Seven Kingdoms so much trouble.
Sansa doing something?

If it had been Lady Mormont maybe...

Quote:
oh and mentioning that she needs to marry someone Dany/Jon
well Yara is open for anything so

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 06-27-2016 at 04:46 PM
Gelfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on now!

Quote:
As happy as I am to see the Stark's back in Winterfell, the castle does make me sad. When Sansa and Jon were standing and watching Melisandre go, it felt so...changed. So lonely and cold, compared to when Ned and Catelyn and everyone were together. It'll never be like that again.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

I just came here to say... I've always kinda liked GoT. Some times more than others. This season made me kinda feel like a real 'fan' again.

But especially...

Those first 15 minutes of this season finale. The music. Especially the (pretty un-GoT-like) music. In combination with the directing and acting. That was seriously BRILLIANT. Beautiful, but you could feel SO MUCH tension. You know something was gonna go terribly wrong. And from the moment Margaery knew something was gonna happen, you could deeply feel everyone's despair, even though the music was still relaitvely calm, the entire time. So sorry to see Margaery go though, she knew how to play the game. She wasn't necessarily a good person, but she knew how to play the game of thrones.
I can't stop listening to that track on Spotify Ramin Djawadi, I LOVE YOU.

I was seriously impressed by this whole episode By the whole season, but especially this episode.

Aaaand, now I need to go back to listening to Light of the Seven
Mazza d'Evill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Speaking of Doomed Lannister love. Tyrion is falling for Daenerys now, right?
I definitely got a crush vibe, yes. Although right now it is maybe mainly just a lot of respect. I think he also feels more appreciated and "seen" by Daenerys than he ever has before. I think almost any man that serves Daenerys is going to love her because they are kind of in awe of her; she is one of a kind. I do think that without a calming influence (such a Tyrion) she could be a very scary and ruthless lady...not too different from her father (except with far more power).

Quote:
I don't know if that will happen. The Arya Stark they knew died a long time ago. She's something else entirely now. And I do think she'll be the one killing Cersei.
Really? Yes, little Arya is long gone. But I think there will still be a very joyous reunion between her and whatever Stark's are remaining if she goes back to Winterfell. She still loves them and they still love her..not matter what else has changed.

I'm really wondering if Jaime will be the one to kill Cersei.

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a great finale! I loved it!

Arya getting her revenge was awesome! Cersei...well..really...how could you not see that coming!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark my words, Jaime will be killing Cersei.

(#valonquar )
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Total Fan

Hopefully on the Iron Throne as a poetic callback to when he did the same thing to the Mad King. From Kingslayer to Kinslayer to Queenslayer.
Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, figuring as much, too...
Old 07-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kinda hope that Dany kills Cersei!
Old 07-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As I said in the other thread, I don't think that's gonna happen, even without the prophecy hanging over Cersei's head.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know with GoT, you never know what could happen with this show!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really not though.

Quote:
Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.
Valonquar = little brother. She always assumed it was Tyrion, but with all that's happened, Jaime looks good for it more than ever.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhhh good point there Rose!
Reply   Post New Thread