Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2016, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought the episode was good. For the most part, I still think it lacks emotional resonance.
I agree. For such a supposedly momentous episode, it fell pretty flat emotionally. Maybe it's because everyone was tired of Ramsay at this point and nothing he could do was going to elicit anything but :rolleye:

Quote:
I think they kind of made a mistake with Rickon's character. They should have given him at least a few scenes this season to make his death have more meaning.
This season or any time really. I used to call him "the throwaway Stark" and thought he was there to be the only one left standing of the Starks because he was uninvolved but as it turned out, he was just there for nothing at all.

Quote:
I was more sad about Wun Wun.
Exactly!

Quote:
On the one hand, I like that she knows how to think strategically now and take care of herself.
But does she, really? She hid behind her big brother and his friends and even in the end, she didn't finish Ramsay herself. That was disappointing.
As for thinking strategically, she did exactly what Littlefinger wanted her to do and played right into his hand. I don't know if that was very smart.

Quote:
I don't know what capacity Bran will serve as the three-eyed raven.
That's very unclear to me too, which I kinda like actually. Everything else is a bit predictable at this point.

Quote:
I loved this episode-Dany was a BAMF, she and Yara's alliance will be epic
I know! That was such an awesome scene. I love Daenerys's face when Yara says "I wouldn't demand it but I'm up for anything"
They do have a lot in common. Not in that way, I mean but in their background

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Gelfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So looking forward to the next episode!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
But does she, really? She hid behind her big brother and his friends and even in the end, she didn't finish Ramsay herself. That was disappointing.
As for thinking strategically, she did exactly what Littlefinger wanted her to do and played right into his hand. I don't know if that was very smart.
Well she isn't a warrior, so it would have been silly for her to be in the battle at all. She has subtly maneuvered Jon this season, I think. I actually don't agree with her on how she has things going on (like her discussion with LF) that she chooses to keep hidden from Jon. But she has plan B's that she doesn't let anyone else know about. She is hanging back from being front and center, but I don't think she is "hiding" behind anyone.

I think it was disturbing enough how she killed Ramsay with his own dogs, and her little smile at the end. Ramsay certainly needed to be executed and deserved execution 100 times over. But I was disturbed (and the audience was supposed to be disturbed, I'm sure) by Sansa's bloodthirsty-ness, understandable though it may be. I had absolutely zero desire to see her physically kill him with her own hands.

I think she made a calculated decision with LF that she was prepared to accept the consequences of asking for LF's help. Winterfell was more important to her than whatever he has in store for her, and they would have certainly lost without the knights of the Vale. Or maybe she thinks she can outmaneuver him. I don't think she really "played into his hands" because she made the decision with her eyes open. She knows what he is like.

Though I felt a whole lotta satisfaction having Jon beat the crap out of Ramsay, I thought it was a bit dumb that they made Ramsay kind of helpless against him. As though his only skill was with a bow. Back when Yara tried to rescue Theon, he was dispatching the supposed best killers from the Iron Islands left right and center. I thought his sudden complete incompetence against Jon seemed a bit...convenient.

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

DANG IT.
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't believe that the little boy that followed Robb around when his mother was occupied with Bran is gone. I can't believe that Robb and his mother (AND his father) are gone, too. Oh, Stark's.

~Katie~
Old 06-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Almost too hard to look at them in that first episode all happy and smiling and alive
Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Nerds (View Post)
Almost too hard to look at them in that first episode all happy and smiling and alive
I know. And yet, season 1 is one of my very favorites if not my very favorite! Ned remains my favorite.

~Katie~
Old 06-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh for sure It's such a completely different era by now... All those dead people not dead yet
Old 06-24-2016, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

I was so disappointed about Rickon dying. I thought he was going to carry on the family's name since the end of season 3. Meh.

I also know I shouldn't, but I'm finding myself enjoying a little bit too much Sansa and Jon's scenes. I have to remind myself they're half brothers...hahahah.

Cannot wait for Bran to come back on our screen to be honest.
Not sure what to think about the fact Yara and Theon got to be in Mareen in about one or two episodes...

Icon
Zefiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone either loves or hates the last episode. I expected Rickon to die but maybe that's just because at this point anyone will die!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

FINALE NIGHT I AM HUGGING EVERYONE!
Old 06-27-2016, 06:56 AM
Passionate Fan

So what did everyone think of the finale? Ugh, I can't believe we have another year to see what's next. I hate the long wait for this show...

A lot happened this episode! Once again, I was a little disappointed by how little I'm "moved" by the show these days. But at least it is exciting, I guess.

So the Frey's are destroyed. So I wonder if Arya will be going to Winterfell next season, or is she going to finish getting her vengeance (Cersei)? There will hopefully be another Stark reunification next season. I cannot WAIT to see Jon and Arya together again.

Wow, Cersei is really nuts and really, really ruthless. She has to be the next one to be knocked - fatally - off her high horse. I think Jaime caught a glimpse of who she really is. I was pleased with his discomfort at the Frey feast. I mean, obviously he has nothing but contempt for Walder, but I feel like he was also disgusted to be associated with the murder of Robb and Catelyn and company and all the dishonor that comes with that. I'm still clinging to the hope that they haven't abandoned Jaime's redemption. I'm glad the High Sparrow is gone, and that whole storyline..I found it really boring. I'm actually kind of sad to see Margaery and Loras dead though.

I'm glad to leave Daario behind. I didn't hate him or anything, but I was tired of his mistress-type role. I'm VERY pleased to finally see Daenerys sailing for Westeros, it has felt like forever that she has been dithering over in Meereen and area. Judging by how long it takes people to travel these days, she should be arriving on their shores in 7x01

I'm happy for Jon, and yet I also feel some anxiety about him being King in the North, because I'm afraid of him being such a target and dying in that role like Robb. I wish they could have at least had Ghost there, sitting in front of the table, when they did the King in the North bit. I do get vibes between Jon and Sansa, and I loved their scene together, but I'm pretty sure it is probably just actor chemistry, and that it isn't actually written into the scene. I think they view each other as siblings. I knew the reveal about Jon's mother was coming, but I was a bit surprised they didn't reveal who his father is - which I think is pretty obvious. I guess they want to drag that storyline out a little longer.

As happy as I am to see the Stark's back in Winterfell, the castle does make me sad. When Sansa and Jon were standing and watching Melisandre go, it felt so...changed. So lonely and cold, compared to when Ned and Catelyn and everyone were together. It'll never be like that again.

I was sorta hoping to see Sandor again, but the episode was already stuffed, so I wasn't too surprised. I wonder when we'll see Jorah again? What do you think of Daenerys saying she felt nothing when she said goodbye to Daario? I mean, I'm not surprised one bit that she didn't love him, I never got that feeling from her. But she was acting as though she can't love anymore or something, and I think she HAS shown love for Jorah. A lot of love and emotion. I don't think she loves him that way, or that they'll ever be together in that way, but Daenerys isn't some heartless woman, she just didn't love Daario.

~Katie~

Last edited by Red Dragon; 06-27-2016 at 07:02 AM
Old 06-27-2016, 07:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I liked it it.

Jon King in the North(even tho he's a targaryen now)

So glad when Sansa curved littleginger

Ugh Cersei is cray cray for real Jaime is starting to see it now.

Arya Stark glad she killed walder frey.. it was great and now she's back, hopefully she goes to winterfell and see Jon/Sansa

and finally Dany is on her way to westeros can't wait to see their faces when she finally gets there oh and mentioning that she needs to marry someone Dany/Jon
Old 06-27-2016, 07:56 AM
Total Fan

I believe the only people left on Arya's kill list are Cersei and the Mountain, but I hope she goes back to Winterfell first. I want a Jon-Arya-Nymeria-Ghost reunion.

I hope Jaime is the Valonqar and kills Cersei on the Iron Throne just like he did to the Mad King. From Kingslayer to Kinslayer to Queenslayer.

Sad about Margaery too. She's the only reason I didn't want Cersei's plan to work. The sparrows can rot, and I don't care about Lancel, Kevan, or Mace.

I kept hoping Sansa would just stab Littlefinger in the Godswood scene and save the Seven Kingdoms so much trouble.

When they were chanting "King in the North!" I had flashes of the Red Wedding and a gut reaction of "Oh no, it's happening again! Nooo!" I was sad too that Ghost wasn't around, but at least he's not getting killed.

Cersei was giving some Disney evil queen vibes during her coronation.
Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah with Jaime my mind went there, too, like "Yeeeah he's gonna have to kill her. Shouldn't have been thinking it was Tyrion all this time"

And I was getting Red Wedding flashes too at KITN, ha!
Reply   Post New Thread