Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2016, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I suppose we'll have to wait until Ep 3 at least to see if Jon Snow rises from the table.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:58 AM
Extreme Fan

This probably is not going to happen, but I'd like the show to explain how the Red Woman uses her powers to become young.

I don't think it's the necklace that makes her look young. I know the necklace glows here too, just like in season 2 when she drank the poisoned wine and then it glows, which probably means it has some power and it's cleaning the poison. But back in season 4, she was talking with Selyse Baratheon without the necklace and she was young. In that scene, she uses a blue liquid in the bath, and this blue liquid appeared in the scene she gets old too. I think it's the blue liquid (one of her many magic potions) that makes her look young.

Also, I think Melisandre getting old represents her loss of hope and faith.

This scene was done to show her real age and that she feels powerless and is losing her faith. So she gets old. Not that she gets old because she took off her necklace. The necklace maybe is one source of her powers though, but it's not her only source of power and is not the only source of her youth spell.

I remember Jon asked her if she doesn't feel cold and she said the fire of The Lord of Light lives inside her keeping her warm. And then when she came back to Castle Black after leaving Stannis behind, she was already looking defeated and hopeless, and she was wearing more clothes than usual. So maybe the more she loses her faith, more powerless she becomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I agree with your analysis of Melisandre. I hope she does mean to sacrifice herself to bring Jon back (or whoever he'll be). I wasn't expecting to see her ancient form but I think it was very well done.

She's another who has done much evil in the name of her religion and I'm rather pleased to see her finally doubting herself. I hope Davos won't do as Jaime is doing, reassuring her that she was justified in her destructive path.
Davos and Melisandre don't get along, right? If I remember correctly, he never really trusted her and often didn't agree with her actions and decisions. So I don't think he would say to her she was justified in her choices. I think he would only side with her if he had no choice, which is the case now.

I also liked to see Melisandre doubting herself, especially after what happened with Shireen, it was good to see The Red Woman looking defeated and sad.

I was on a high, having just watched the episode, so I rambled about one possible way to resurrect Jon. I had the feeling that the Red Woman was hoping to die in her sleep. So the first thing that crossed my mind when she got old, was that the hopeless Red Woman, will sacrifice/gave up her life and give it to Jon, as a last possible resort she can think of. That is, if she still believes her visions.

If The Red Woman will bring Jon back or not, I don't know. But I love Jon, so of course, I just want him to be resurrected, somehow. I'm happy that this was basically confirmed in the first episode when Melisandre says she saw him fighting at Winterfell, so that's something that will happen (Jon fighting at WF), I think. Otherwise, there is no need to mention it.

From Melisandre's POV, it's important for us to see how confused she is and that she didn't got the visions right, but we knew that already, so I think it was also a way to confirm Jon's resurrection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
EM, I loved your review! Welcome to the SF/F board! I hope you'll be a regular visitor here.
Thank you.

My name is Cristiane.

EM actually means Elizabeth Mitchell and it's a link to her board on FF.

IloveJules! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:19 AM
Absolute Fan

I think some people are so set on Jon coming back that they're either ignoring or failing to recognize the point of the premiere's final scene, which is this:
Melisandre has completely lost confidence in herself, and isn't likely to get it back anytime soon (especially not before Thorne's deadline of "nightfall" comes and goes).

People also aren't taking into account the fact that Melisandre doesn't even know HOW to resurrect someone even if she hadn't lost all of her faith and confidence.

At this point, based on everything we have been shown, it's just wishful thinking that Jon is somehow going to come back to life, and it would honestly take a huge "deus ex machina" plot contrivance to make it happen.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
T

Thank you.

My name is Cristiane.

EM actually means Elizabeth Mitchell and it's a link to her board on FF.

Oh! Well then, Welcome Cristiane!
Thanks for your additional comments!

You'd be right about Melisandre's youthful magic. I've seen a few pictures recently showing her without the necklace.
And yes, when (if) Davos learns how Shireen died, he may not allow Mel to go on living, anyway.

In the books, Beric Dondarrion was brought back to life numerous times by Thoros of Mir; and then he died when he passed that life-force to Catelyn.
Perhaps Melisandre can find a way to do likewise for Jon. Beric had become totally weary of living, like Thoros was before .. and as Mel seems to have become now. Maybe that's what it takes.

In any case, I won't be resigned to Jon's "death" until the series ends.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY for Jon waking up!
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
At this point, based on everything we have been shown, it's just wishful thinking that Jon is somehow going to come back to life, and it would honestly take a huge "deus ex machina" plot contrivance to make it happen.
Well, looks like "wishful thinking" turned into reality tonight. They didn't have Jon Snow's body lying on that table for two episodes for him not to come back at the end of tonight's episode. If he hadn't opened his eyes then I would've felt like they just wasted a portion of the episode on nothing.

I wasn't expecting Bran to be seeing visions of Ned, Benjen and Lyanna in that cave and I can't help but wonder what that means. It looks like he's also going to be seeing visions of them in next week's episode as well. I know there's the fan theory that Jon Snow is actually Lyanna's so I'm curious if the visions are somehow tied to that. Are we finally going to get the whole story about Lyanna?

I really loved the scene with Tyrion and the dragons. I don't know if I buy the theory that he's a dragon rider but I got a little giddy when he touched one before taking the collar off. I also loved his story about how he asked for a little dragon from his uncle on his name day.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
brave princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Absolute Fan

^ I owe all of the "true believers" who insisted that Jon would come back at Melisandre's hands an apology for dismissing said belief as wishful thinking. Things at the Wall moved much faster than I thought they were going to, and Melisandre's faith turned out to have be far less shattered in the end than the final scene of last week's episode seemed to indicate.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

I can understand it being a bit supposing that they brought him back in episode 2 considering how slowly this show sometimes moves. I'm just happy we didn't have to wait too long.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
brave princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

that was better
i love the Bran's storyline

nice ending
MyLastDayWithoutYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Jon... I'm so dang thankful.

Wow, this season is really turning into a bloodbath! I'm honestly pretty disappointed about Ramsay killing Roose. I found Roose to be so much more fascinating than Ramsay, because he had a much more level head. Ramsay is just a mad dog, like Roose said.

The scene between Sansa and Theon made me well up. I miss the Stark family being together and happy, so very much... I'm interested to see where they are going with showing these flashbacks with Lyanna. I have my suspicions of course..

I liked the scene with Tyrion and the dragons!

As for Melisandre being able to bring Jon back...remember what Thoros said about the first time he brought Beric back. He said at that point in his life he didn't even believe the Lord of Light had any power. He didn't believe when he said the old words. He said them, because Beric was his friend and he was desperate to bring him back. And the old words were "the only ones he knew". So I don't think that Melisandre's ability or lack thereof necessarily has to do with how great her faith is.

Whatever the reason, I'm just so glad that Kit is back. I've assumed that he "had" to come back, but I still felt a huge burden lifted when I saw his eyes open...however it happened.

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah damn it, I forgot it was on tonight!
Old 05-09-2016, 07:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Shaggydog! So sad. I hate how the direwolves keep getting killed off. There's only 3 left, and one of them is lost. I wonder what this will mean for Rickon (who, by the way, is looking very grown up!)

I'm excited to see Jon leaving Castle Black. Loved the "my watch is ended" line. I wonder what his plan is now? Hopefully to cut of Ramsay's head and rescue Rickon...

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hopefully to cut of Ramsay's head and rescue Rickon
YES PLEASE!!! *prayer circle* I LOVE that he left Castle Black, that was an amazing line and scene!!!

I am SO happy Rickon is baby, I love him I can't believe after everything's he's been through he still has to face that monster And the direwolf
Old 05-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haven't watched the new episode yet, but cannot wait to!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Its very chilling to not know what will happen next even though I read the books.
Reply   Post New Thread